date night or date weekend in edmonton

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
hello my fellow ccf participants,
you have been wonderful providers of fun and interesting places to visit,well once again i am asking for your help.the past few months,weekend after weekend my partner and I have been running here and running there doing lots of family things,well today we thought we would start planning for a date night or weekend to edmonton.We are creatures of habit, we have our favorite haunts,etc,now i want to know where you like to visit when you go to edmonton,give us the best you have.we are into adventure of any sorts,i can't wait to dirty some sheets.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Well, I'd like to visit that big mall there and play in that wavy pool thing, whatever they call it. Other than that, I don't know much about Edmonton except hubby says the roads don't make much sense there.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It is called the Wave Pool. There is a fantasy land hotel there also from all reports. I wonder if someone could spend the whole winter inside and not suffer the dreaded 'Cabin Fever; thingy?

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
oh no,i don't think the wave pool,or i hope not,then again what the heck?anyone have favorite restraunts,i have my favorite sleeps,not sure about restraunts.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
There is a nice dinner theater at the Mayfield hotel and another called Jubilations in West Edmonton Mall. You could also see what is playing at the Jubilee auditorium theater.

I find the mall itself to be not as exciting as it is made out to be but there is a shooting range near the movie theater if you're into that kind of thing. You could also have a romantic skate on the ice rink. Make sure to see the sealion show which I have never paid to go in but can be watched nicely from the second floor directly above.

Avoid the area around Jasper Ave from 99 St to the east end, it is quite rough.

Lots of nice bistros and such around University Heights (U of A).

Have fun!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
oh no,i don't think the wave pool,or i hope not,then again what the heck?anyone have favorite restraunts,i have my favorite sleeps,not sure about restraunts.
And remember kids, the waterslide does not have any 'passing zones', unless it is well co-ordinated.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
our date nights to the city are on a little bit of the crazy side. probably some blues,my husband likes when i shake my a ss for him,he likes when i become a little loose and care free towards him on date night,he likes when we have fun,shaking a ss,a meal and a hotel room to dirty some sheets,maybe we will find a third in,now this may be the perfect date night.
waterslides seem so tame,i am not seeking anything so proper.

Edmonton sounds like a wonderfull place.
edmonton is a wonderful place to visit.

hopefully my all time favorite blues band will be playing,"boogie patrol"

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
you have been wonderful providers of fun and interesting places to visit,well once again i am asking for your help.the past few months,weekend after weekend my partner and I have been running here and running there doing lots of family things,well today we thought we would start planning for a date night or weekend to edmonton.We are creatures of habit, we have our favorite haunts,etc,now i want to know where you like to visit when you go to edmonton,give us the best you have.we are into adventure of any sorts,i can't wait to dirty some sheets.

Check out the library.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

There are a couple of "Blue's" places in Edmonton - I've always wanted to go but hard to get hubby to go anywhere. I've heard they're good - I'd google it.

Also, Space Sciences Centre is also a good place to go - they have an IMAX Theatre - again - google it.

Whyte Avenue has lots of eateries - I love just walking down the sidewalk and browsing/window shopping. I think one of the Blues joints is on Whyte - the other one is on the South Side of the city if I'm not mistaken. Also a Farmers Market in the same vicinity.

Might want to consider having lunch at the LaRonde - don't think its called that anymore - someone here likely knows what the name is now - but its the rotating restaurant at the top of a hotel and you can see the river valley from there - . The River Valley is absolutely incredible!! Its likely the best (and its the biggest) in N. America.
Hope you enjoy!

Dixie

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
our date nights to the city are on a little bit of the crazy side. probably some blues,my husband likes when i shake my a ss for him,he likes when i become a little loose and care free towards him on date night,he likes when we have fun,shaking a ss,a meal and a hotel room to dirty some sheets,maybe we will find a third in,now this may be the perfect date night.
waterslides seem so tame,i am not seeking anything so proper.

edmonton is a wonderful place to visit.

hopefully my all time favorite blues band will be playing,"boogie patrol"

I see. If that is the case then there are some nice places to hang out and find 'friends' around the university or along Jasper ave but stay west of 97 st. If there is a game on you'll find lots of action around Northlands but everything will be very busy.

Blues on Whyte is quite a nice place on the right night and I happen to know Boogie Patrol is playing there 27th,28th 29th. Its on 82nd ave around 103 st in the Commercial Hotel. Once again stay west of 102 st unless you like mixing with a very rough crowd.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
There are a couple of "Blue's" places in Edmonton - I've always wanted to go but hard to get hubby to go anywhere. I've heard they're good - I'd google it.

Also, Space Sciences Centre is also a good place to go - they have an IMAX Theatre - again - google it.

Whyte Avenue has lots of eateries - I love just walking down the sidewalk and browsing/window shopping. I think one of the Blues joints is on Whyte - the other one is on the South Side of the city if I'm not mistaken. Also a Farmers Market in the same vicinity.

Might want to consider having lunch at the LaRonde - don't think its called that anymore - someone here likely knows what the name is now - but its the rotating restaurant at the top of a hotel and you can see the river valley from there - . The River Valley is absolutely incredible!! Its likely the best (and its the biggest) in N. America.
Hope you enjoy!

Dixie
thanks dixie,been to the LaRonde on a couple of occassions,very romantic place,enjoyed it with my sweeties.once i was there and only had two glasses of wine,i was feeling off,i think because of the movement.I amnot sure if i like it or not. our family member played piano there for 20 years or more.
the funny thing about our date nights they can go one way or another,when it comes too food,one thing i have learnt is to have good food in one's room for the end of the night,because all i want to do after 8 hours of dancing,snacking and drinking is lay my head down.Big Al'sis another blues venue which is suppose to have a good sunday jam.yes we will see,whatit is going to be closer to the date,hopefully i will find boogey patrol.
and yes between me and you dixie,my date nights aren't what they use to be,sometimes my fantasies are bigger then real life.thanks again

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Fort Edmonton Park

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I see. If that is the case then there are some nice places to hang out and find 'friends' around the university or along Jasper ave but stay west of 97 st. If there is a game on you'll find lots of action around Northlands but everything will be very busy.

Blues on Whyte is quite a nice place on the right night and I happen to know Boogie Patrol is playing there 27th,28th 29th. Its on 82nd ave around 103 st in the Commercial Hotel. Once again stay west of 102 st unless you like mixing with a very rough crowd.
oh yes political nick,we usually choose blues on whyte,love staying up stairs,even thou we can afford to stay anywhere we want,or something like that,i am aware boogie patrol is there,but the time frames are not good.i hooked up to boogie patrols fan club site,watched the lead singer grow up,i saw him perform for his first time at blues on whyte.who knows,thanks for the tips about the rough areas,as stated i don't move far from blues on whyte,i am aperson of habit.