CBC wants anti-Trudeau attack ad banned from YouTube

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Yup, the CBC is pretty useless. I wonder why your man Harper has given it billions over the last ten years

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yup, the CBC is pretty useless. I wonder why your man Harper has given it billions over the last ten years
Maybe he didn't want to freak the Canadian public out. But if you look at the graph, the annual amount has been declining.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Maybe he didn't want to freak the Canadian public out. But if you look at the graph, the annual amount has been declining.

Why doesn't the government subsidize Bell Canada over Rogers and Shaw, or subsidize Burger King over McDee's.

I mean seriously, the corporate playing field should be level for all, and that includes in Entertainment and Television.

I get that CBC was setup to service the rural areas of Canada, before satellite TV. I think the concept is wrong, unfair and outdated and harms other networks in Canada.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Who knows, dude? Gov't is gov't. Politicians and bureaucrats don't think sensibly or logically.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Why would the Canadian public be "freaked out". Most people I know have problems with handing billions to the CBC while we wait in line for health services

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Why would the Canadian public be "freaked out". Most people I know have problems with handing billions to the CBC while we wait in line for health services
Well seeing health care is a provincial matter , talk to your mla about wait times
Talk to your mp about cbc .

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Well seeing health care is a provincial matter , talk to your mla about wait times
It is but their are federal transfer payments to cover health and education. The ones that Martin cut to balance his budgets. Should money from the CBC go to the provinces that could theoretically be diverted for healthcare. Of course it could also be used for stupid stuff as I am sure it would be in Ontario.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Don't be silly. The Feds transfer money to the provinces for healthcare. The billions they've spent on the CBC could have gone a long way. Come on man...this is pretty basic stuff.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I sent CBC an email telling them how disgusted I was with their biased coverage. I also told them that I would gladly vote to privatize as I could not, in good conscience, believe anything their reporters said simply because of the Corporate biases. I can't believe the Reporters have any independence simply because I doubt that the good ol' Mother Corp would allow it. LaCroix is the dictator who could care a less about taxpayers money - he simply takes and takes and expect us Canadians to give and give - all without any accountability!

Needless to say, I doubt if I'll get a response.

JMO

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I sent CBC an email telling them how disgusted I was with their biased coverage. I also told them that I would gladly vote to privatize as I could not, in good conscience, believe anything their reporters said simply because of the Corporate biases. I can't believe the Reporters have any independence simply because I doubt that the good ol' Mother Corp would allow it. LaCroix is the dictator who could care a less about taxpayers money - he simply takes and takes and expect us Canadians to give and give - all without any accountability!

Needless to say, I doubt if I'll get a response.

JMO

They are accountable. If you're unhappy with the CBC, blame the government that funds them and sets their mandate.

cribone

Sep 2, 2015
levant of rebel.media didn't he use to work for the ultra conservative Tory backed TV network. Isnt he the guy who when it became apparent that jack Layton was becoming a strong political force in 2011 break the story that Layton had visited a massage parlour that wa s being investigated by the police. of course it was false I guess the trudeau and the liberals are close to victory this time

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
As a supporter of the CBC is support tax money for it and always will.
We don't support the private stations because they support the view
of vested interests. CBC supports all interests left right and center.
When the right says you are left and left claims you are right you are
usually down the middle. Diverse points of view allow people to look
from more than on perspective.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Federal and provincial tax the Sa me people. Reduce Federal expenditure and you can eventually pay off the Federal debt. Pay off the Federal debt and you could eventually reduce Federal revenue. Reduce Federal revenue and provinces can increase provincial revenue. Increase provincial revenue and you cold eventually pay off the provincial debt. Pay off the provincial debt and you could increase medicare funding. And that's the most indirect link between public media funding and Medicare funding. Far more direct links can be made between them too.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Federal and provincial tax the Sa me people. Reduce Federal expenditure and you can eventually pay off the Federal debt. Pay off the Federal debt and you could eventually reduce Federal revenue. Reduce Federal revenue and provinces can increase provincial revenue. Increase provincial revenue and you cold eventually pay off the provincial debt. Pay off the provincial debt and you could increase medicare funding. And that's the most indirect link between public media funding and Medicare funding. Far more direct links can be made between them too.

Yup, the feds could tell the cbc to sink or swim and redirect all funding from the cbc to health care transfers. I'd be fine with that.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
As a supporter of the CBC is support tax money for it and always will.
We don't support the private stations because they support the view
of vested interests. CBC supports all interests left right and center.
When the right says you are left and left claims you are right you are
usually down the middle. Diverse points of view allow people to look
from more than on perspective.

Lately the cbc has been little more than the propaganda dept for just-in. Even tyee news isn't as biased.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Why not let people buy their own health insurance?