The Great Niquab Debate.

canuck50

Nov 11, 2011
Beside Ron in Regina
I was surfing the net today just to find out that people are still hell bent for leather that the "Niquab" is a non-issue. I'm sorry you may agree with me or disagree with me that is your right. But here is my take on this whole thing...

I don't feel that the Niquab is something that should not be worn, HOWEVER... When being SWORN IN AS A CANADIAN CITIZEN, uncover your face. When I joined the Canadian military, I am most certain that had I have worn a mask to hide my identity, I never would have been sworn in. Quite frankly if I had gone running to the courts or human rights commission, I would have been laughed out of the buildings. So lets make this simple. If you want to become a sworn in citizen of this great country?, UNCOVER YOUR FACE SO WE CAN SEE WHO IS BEING SWORN IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you go to vote, or get photo for drivers' licenses, UNCOVER YOUR FACE. This isn't rocket science, Just remember, if where you came from, you can vote, get a photo ID, Get sworn in to office etc..... and wear your Niquab? THEN GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE and go back to where life was so much better. The Canadian Bull**** Corporation (CBC) decided to air this today, Oct 7,2015 and I quote... "I would say there is patriarchy and misogyny in all cultures and all religions, across the board," she said. "It's a fallacy to say Muslim women have a particular problem with it. I think that's something the media portrays, which is a bias against Muslim women – as if we're the only ones in the entire world." No you are not the only women in the world, but when you are asking to become part of the CANADIAN population and want to be sworn in as a Canadian, Don't Hide your Identity. There are many other races, religions etc, that have been sworn in as citizens without having to wear the customary dress of the countries they came from... What makes you any different? When my grandparents were sworn in as Canadians they were not wearing kilts. So can someone please explain to me how this "CUSTOM" is such a huge issue? I have many Muslim/Islamic friends, both MALE AND FEMALE... and have been informed that this is NOT a religious rite but a "CUSTOM", Where in the charter of RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS does it say and CUSTOMS? In short, I say if you don't like it, you can leave, nobody here asked you to come.

Mahan

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2015
Islamic Republic of Iran
Hi canuck50
as an Iranian Muslim I've never seen a woman with Nigub or Burgha or Poshie or anything like this , just In some arabic countries ( specially Saudi Arabia) women should wear Nigub , of course islam doesn't speak about your clothes type , It just says Muslim women (believer is better) have to ... Ok it's better to show you verses about Hijab :

" o prophet, tell your wives, your daughters and the believing women to draw their veils close to them, so it is likelier they will be known, and not hurt. allah is the forgiver, the most merciful. "

" and say to the believing women, that they lower their gaze cast down their eyes and guard their chastity, and do not reveal their adornment except that which is outward (face and hands); and let them draw their veils over their neck, and not reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husbands' fathers, or their sons, or their husbands' sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or what their right hands own, or such male attendants having no sexual desire, or children who have not yet attained knowledge of women's private parts; nor let them stamp their feet, so that their hidden ornament is known. and, o believers turn to allah all together, in order that you prosper. "

"say to the believers they should lower their gaze and guard their private parts that is purer for them. allah is aware of the things they do"

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
" and say to the believing women, that they lower their gaze cast down their eyes and guard their chastity, and do not reveal their adornment except that which is outward (face and hands); and let them draw their veils over their neck, and not reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husbands' fathers, or their sons, or their husbands' sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or what their right hands own, or such male attendants having no sexual desire, or children who have not yet attained knowledge of women's private parts;"

Oh is that all?

Kathie Bondar

Kathie Bondar
May 11, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Hi canuck50
as an Iranian Muslim I've never seen a woman with Nigub or Burgha or Poshie or anything like this , just In some arabic countries ( specially Saudi Arabia) women should wear Nigub , of course islam doesn't speak about your clothes type , It just says Muslim women (believer is better) have to ... Ok it's better to show you verses about Hijab :

" o prophet, tell your wives, your daughters and the believing women to draw their veils close to them, so it is likelier they will be known, and not hurt. allah is the forgiver, the most merciful. "

" and say to the believing women, that they lower their gaze cast down their eyes and guard their chastity, and do not reveal their adornment except that which is outward (face and hands); and let them draw their veils over their neck, and not reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husbands' fathers, or their sons, or their husbands' sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or what their right hands own, or such male attendants having no sexual desire, or children who have not yet attained knowledge of women's private parts; nor let them stamp their feet, so that their hidden ornament is known. and, o believers turn to allah all together, in order that you prosper. "
I think you and your lady friend wearing the nigub can go back there, and let us all be happier for it.

"say to the believers they should lower their gaze and guard their private parts that is purer for them. allah is aware of the things they do"
Like hell I am going to lower my gaze for some muslim hick who came begging to be let into my country, works as my office cleaner and when he goes home terrorized his women folk. Smell the roses, Mister, you are in North America.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I guess the Liberals have tunnel vision, and don't want to listen to the fact "face coverings" are not religious ....

The rest of Canada needs to follow Quebecs lead and band the face coverings .

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlWyQBrs-SI

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Who cares if it's religious or not?

Getting worked up about a piece of cloth on ones face at benign social gatherings is stupid.

Mahan

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2015
Islamic Republic of Iran
Like hell I am going to lower my gaze for some muslim hick who came begging to be let into my country, works as my office cleaner and when he goes home terrorized his women folk. Smell the roses, Mister, you are in North America.
who spaeks about you ? huh ? when your countries speak about GLOBALIZATION , they should think about these things ? when West Supports ISIS and MODERATE ( ! ) opposition in syria and Iraq , they should think . LIBERALISM should think . " I think so I exist " :)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I just enjoy watching conbots support pissing away half a million bucks over a lost cause.

Keep raging on and losing those court 'battles' lol
It's such a raging nontroversy. But as long as it keeps people's minds off significant issues. . .

As I said before, we've taught you well.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The country is going to hell in a hand basket as we fight over who wears what.
This is about emotion not reason when put into the federal election blueprint.
Wish we had a Have another beer party

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The country is going to hell in a hand basket as we fight over who wears what.
This is about emotion not reason when put into the federal election blueprint.
Wish we had a Have another beer party
So you really think that it's OK for someone to vote without proving who he /she is?
Showing your face is not reasonable?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
So you really think that it's OK for someone to vote without proving who he /she is?
Showing your face is not reasonable?
It's a minor issue to detract from more important issues. How come Cons can't see the snow job Harper's handler, the Lizard from OZ, is pulling on them?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Your hate of Harper and your paranoia has completely erased your common sense and you can't even see it in your pathetic tunnel world!