These kids have no balls

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
What's The Opposite of Diversity?

By Kate on September 6, 2015 6:05 PM | 7 Comments

Students Boo Mandatory Diversity Class at University of Oklahoma

Well, not actually. More like very polite bitching.

I walked out on a first generation version of a "diversity class" in college. It was the day we were obligated to sit through "Oblio and the Land Of Point". Told the instructor it was an insult to our intelligence, picked up my books and left.

Related: Remarks About Physical Appearance' Considered 'Sexual Violence' in Rutgers Student Survey

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Diversity is the new term for multi culti. Whatever you want to call it it will make the opposite of a national identity.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I thought multiculturalism was part of the Canadian national identity.

It was the invention of the Liberal Party of Canada, circa 1970 (see Trudeau, LaLonde, Pelletier), meant to break the overwhealming power of the overwhealming population edge of Canadians of British origin. It went part and parcel with Official Bilingualism by which we were all going to speak English and French fluently and Quebec would share power in Canada 50/50 with the safely diluted Anglos.

Backfired on the French, though when much to everyone's surprise, their birthrate, highest on the continent, crashed to to the lowest on the continent and they didn't like multiculturalism in THEIR juristiction and weren't able to attract enough Francophone immigrants to keep their numbers up. Quebec has gone from being a quarter of Canada to a fifth and shrinking steadily. They have also become steadily irrelevant.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Was! After the Residential school system, the Chinese Exclusion Act, changing the name of Berlin ON to Kitchener, ON, abrogating the right of German and Ukrainian Canadians to send their children to school in their own languages, etc., etc., etc., biculturalism is Canada's new identity.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
And the university will be raising all their tuitions to pay for ...

The course is part of the portfolio for the new vice president of diversity programs, Jabar Shumate, a former press secretary to President David Boren (an ex-U.S. senator) who will be making between $200,000 and $250,000 a year, the Associated Press reported.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
It has been for more than 300 years (well officially about half that).
We have Chinese, Japanese, East Indians, Russians, a whack of folks with European ancestry, some South Americans, some Africans, probably even an occasional Maori or Kakadu, etc.