'Man riding a moose' video under investigation in B.C.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl4kJ9TGhJA

Conservation officials in British Columbia are investigating a video that shows a man jumping on a moose and briefly riding the animal as it tried to cross a body of water.

In the video posted to YouTube on Saturday, a shirtless man is seen standing on the prow of a boat as it follows a moose wading in the water.

With the motorboat directly behind the moose, the man jumps on its back and rides the animal for a few seconds before falling off. Several people can be heard laughing from the boat.

The video, posted by B.C.-based group Wolftracker TV, has been viewed more than 80,000 times. The video caption says the incident was reported to the conservation authorities.

David Vince, a conservation sergeant in Fort St. John, said the B.C. Conservation Officer Service has received numerous calls about the minute-long clip. Based on the information received so far, “it doesn’t look like this video was taken this year,” Vince told CTVNews.ca on Monday.

Another conservation officer has been assigned to the case and is trying to determine where exactly the video was taken and track down the man who jumped on the moose, Vince said.

He said it appears the video was taken on a river.

“Wildlife harassment is an offence,” Vince said, adding that fines for convictions are determined by a judge.

A similar incident involving two boaters in Ontario led to a hefty fine in the fall of 2013.

Two men were fined a total of $2,500 for harassing a cow moose swimming in a northern Ontario lake. Video provided by witnesses showed the men circling the moose in a boat before one of them jumped on the animal.

Another version of harassment.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjwqV4i_Tpc

source: B.C. conservation officials investigating 'moose rider' video | CTV News

You ever see something so awesome? Yes, when this moron is going to be charged with harassing wildlife. $2,500 Fine and hopefully a kick in the teeth.

You can tell the moose is under duress. Some people shouldn't breed.

Friggin Rednecks..

Last edited:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
This guy should be abducted by people who don't speak his language, who don't dress like him and who's customs are so alien that he's convinced he's in trouble. After an hour or so, they can let him go without a word.

See how he feels about his tormenting the moose after that event. Sometimes people just need to experience something for themselves before they can imagine what it must be like for another.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl4kJ9TGhJA

Conservation officials in British Columbia are investigating a video that shows a man jumping on a moose and briefly riding the animal as it tried to cross a body of water.

In the video posted to YouTube on Saturday, a shirtless man is seen standing on the prow of a boat as it follows a moose wading in the water.

Friggin Rednecks..

F**king Idiots!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Did you ask room service for a bowl of Sugar Frosted Nutzies with milk, before bed?
All right, cute.

Actually, I mentioned that a cash machine had given me five 100-euro notes, which was frustrating. He said "You can choose ze notes in ze cash machines." I told him I had used a cash machine that was like that, but this one didn't give me a choice, just the five 100s. He said "Douchebag cash machine."

I was impressed. Good accent, good grammar, and absolutely correct usage of a difficult slang term.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
All right, cute.

Actually, I mentioned that a cash machine had given me five 100-euro notes, which was frustrating. He said "You can choose ze notes in ze cash machines." I told him I had used a cash machine that was like that, but this one didn't give me a choice, just the five 100s. He said "Douchebag cash machine."

I was impressed. Good accent, good grammar, and absolutely correct usage of a difficult slang term.

It's good to know that the high form of our language is being taught around the World.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I hope they find out who that was, too bad something painful didn't happen to him, like a good kick

in 'whatever', anywhere, as long as it hurt a lot.

people are thoughtless and don't care.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I hope they find out who that was, too bad something painful didn't happen to him, like a good kick

in 'whatever', anywhere, as long as it hurt a lot.

people are thoughtless and don't care.

A good kick in the nuts maybe! :)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's good to know that the high form of our language is being taught around the World.
Oddly, that's true. The main reason that English is so flexible and powerful is that the English and the Americans took it all around the world and imposed it on people who then spoke it badly, simplifying its grammar and rubbing off some of the needlessly complex parts, like the six cases of Russian or the gendered nouns of non-gendered items of French and German.

Heck, English is a bastard hybrid of Germanic and Romance heritage to begin with.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
maybe they should ask where the wolfmen got the video from to begin with, especially if it is a year or more old. someone found it and uploaded it to their little channel.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Oddly, that's true. The main reason that English is so flexible and powerful is that the English and the Americans took it all around the world and imposed it on people who then spoke it badly, simplifying its grammar and rubbing off some of the needlessly complex parts, like the six cases of Russian or the gendered nouns of non-gendered items of French and German.

Heck, English is a bastard hybrid of Germanic and Romance heritage to begin with.
We're all used to hearing it spoken badly by people from all over the globe. Native English speakers will fill in the dots and try and derive somne meaning from bad pronunciations and syntax.
The French, for example will not do that and if your grammar is not impeccable, you will get that "I don't understand you. You are talking total gibberish" look, even when you are 90% there.We can even pare English down to one word sentences: Him. Go. What? Sh1t. I love that minimalism.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Folks are overreacting. Good ole boys having a harmless laugh is all. Much ado about nothing. People seem to want to go from one shaming to the next and this is just the flavour of the hour.

Harmless as long as you aren't the moose I guess. Anyway I guess there's A$$holes in every crowd!

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Folks are overreacting. Good ole boys having a harmless laugh is all. Much ado about nothing. People seem to want to go from one shaming to the next and this is just the flavour of the hour.
well I'll be dawged. good ole boys in Canada too who woulda thunk it. They orta get with the boys down in Mississippi and grab the catfish and listen to hank Williams jr tunes.