The difference between American police & Icelandic police?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Too Fvckin cold to break the law in that ice box. :).

Really, yet the police are wearing short sleeved shirts and no coats to be seen.

I will lay odds that you believe half the people in Canada live in igloos and we have snow up here almost 12 months out of the year.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Make up your mind. Is it too cold to break the law or is it warm because of global warming?
I have to admit a certain element of surprise a man with your obvious limited capabilities making a statement like that. Yeah it was a contradiction don't give it a second thought.

And yet they are eating ice cream!:) Actually Iceland is quite mild considering it's latitude.
never been there sir just wise cracking a little.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Not to mention the fact that it's slightly larger than Scotland yet its population is just 329,000. Its population is a thousand times smaller than Yankeeland's.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Too Fvckin cold to break the law in that ice box. :).

Iceland was called Iceland by Leif Erickson to keep people away. It was much milder year round than the to be named (by him) Greenland, which was a frozen waste as it felt no effects from the warmer currents.

The things I recall from Grade 3 amaze me sometimes.........

The warm North Atlantic Current ensures generally higher temperatures than in most places of similar latitude in the world. Iceland's winters are mild and windy while the summers are cool which is typical for Scandinavia.

https://notendur.hi.is/oi/climate_in_iceland.htm

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Kind of like Powell River. If your car is stolen just wait for crook at the ferry.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Thats true but i don't see it as being the fault of bankers and politicians. More like a problem of letting too many people in. Iceland has the population of a mid size city with many being related one way or another.

Kind of like Powell River. If your car is stolen just wait for crook at the ferry.

odd you should mention that. Back when I was still a teen a couple of idiots went and robbed the Saltery Bay terminal and then headed back to town. Took about 15 minutes before they got picked up.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It's all about the ice cream. Next time a cop chases a crook in Ferguson he should draw a large chocolate peanut butter waffle cone. Stop him right in his tracks.