Dog Ownership out, Dog Guardianship In.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I wonder if this is the first step in having certain animal cruelty laws changed? If you own something, then you have the right to do with it as you please. Where as if the wording is guardianship, then you are responsible for it's well being and proper care.

It could well be simply a change in terms for husbandry purposes rather than PC.

I refer to my pets as family members. I don't "own" them. They are simply part of my family as I am part of their pack. I also don't refer to myself as they're parent. My dogs will come and look for me if my husband asks them where I am by name. It's hilarious watching them look for me while I'm hid behind a shear curtain.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Only guardians until someone steals your purebred from you yard then it's "someone stole my dog".

well of course, cause if you start yelling that some one stole Color Me Bad Like My Grandad nobody would listen or you'd find yourself snug in a extra long sleeved white jacket.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I tell my cat she is mummy's baby.

Her latest trick that she mastered today and kept needing to demonstrate was opening the medicine cabinet door. Had to move my COQ10 or she goes for it. She could smell it which is why she mastered opening the door.

She is a family member and it is my responsibility to feed her, water her, and vet and love her. Oh and clean out the litter.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

LOL :lol:

Would you like another one???

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Her latest trick that she mastered today and kept needing to demonstrate was opening the medicine cabinet door. Had to move my COQ10 or she goes for it. She could smell it which is why she mastered opening the door.

She is a family member and it is my responsibility to feed her, water her, and vet and love her. Oh and clean out the litter.
For Cleo...

Mummified cats

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
LOL :lol:

Would you like another one???

oooooooooh my god...daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy....lol they are adorable...and mischievous I'm sure or at least "were" that picture is a bit of a throw back

most I've ever had was two at a time

a dog and a cat

and two sister cat's...little bastards are expensive as hell

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
When you skirt the big issues you have to still put out 'something', you know, to keep the dickless entertained. What kind of dork would find this relevant to anything other than being a distraction, big fuking surprise it bloomers thread, lol. Same high quality as usual, they even make the FOX anchors gag just a bit.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
My dog refers to me as Daddy.

Hot damn! Do you know what a talking dog is worth these days? ;)

Lol.

When you skirt the big issues you have to still put out 'something', you know, to keep the dickless entertained. What kind of dork would find this relevant to anything other than being a distraction, big fuking surprise it bloomers thread, lol. Same high quality as usual, they even make the FOX anchors gag just a bit.

Dickless huh? How ironic, seeing as how it takes a really big dick to make a statement for no other purpose than to simply be a jackass. One might even say ignorant douchebag actually, yapping just to say something as opposed to having something to say.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
oooooooooh my god...daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy....

Yeah, Kittles is daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy... and a good one.

Well if it gets you flopping around on the floor and swallowing your tongue, it worked well.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
And a plumber. He learned how to flush so he could watch the water go down in circles. Fascinates the bugger but it's annoying at 3AM.