48 Reasons to Distrust & Despise the Media

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The American mainstream media is filled to the brim with liars, frauds, partisans, cheats, plagiarists, and those who tolerate, defend and enable all of them. There is no American institution — not the NFL, not the tobacco companies, not any corporation or enterprise regularly targeted by the media — that engages in anywhere near the amount of fraud and dishonesty that serially oozes from Our Media Overlords.

Forget bias for a moment. Forget mistakes and misstatements and stupid or nasty things said during live telecasts. There isn’t enough Internet to begin to list the countless instances of left-wing bias and politicking and idiocy the media engage in. What I’ve accumulated below is the scripted, planned and intentional.

Although I’m sure that more than a few examples have been overlooked (let me know which ones in the comments), this list is still a mind-blowing reminder of just how shamelessly corrupt the American media is. For these are the intentional lies, the intentional violations of ethics, the intentional manipulations, the intentional attempts to hurt the political right by employing the kind of tactics used by Third World propagandists.

And here is the most striking part…

All of these scandals involve an attempt by a media that advertises itself as non-partisan (MSNBC excepted) to aid and abet the Democrat Party, or undermine Republicans, or advance the media’s primary cause, which is to increase the size and scope of America’s central federal government.

As you read the list below, ask yourselves which American company or institution could survive a rap sheet even half as long as this one — decades of lies, cover ups, dictator-coddling, outright fraud, theft, and the fabrication of evidence.

The Watchman don’t need to be watched.

The Watchman are a disease that need to be cut completely out of our society.

walk down memory-corrected lane here:

Scandal Rap Sheet: 48 Reasons to Distrust & Despise the Media - Breitbart

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Yes there are all of those things and FOX is not a news outlet its a mouthpiece of bias
in its own right. The mainstream media has some damn good investigative reporters
They report the news and when people screw up they make the news by telling the
story.
The fact is NE in the NFL should have been stripped of their title they were dishonest
they got caught. There is a bus load of Republican Politicians who mouth off and get
hammered in the media. The reason Democrats don't end up in the same headline is
they have learned when to keep their mouth shut.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The American mainstream media is filled to the brim with liars, frauds, partisans, cheats, plagiarists, and those who tolerate, defend and enable all of them. There is no American institution — not the NFL, not the tobacco companies, not any corporation or enterprise regularly targeted by the media — that engages in anywhere near the amount of fraud and dishonesty that serially oozes from Our Media Overlords.

Forget bias for a moment. Forget mistakes and misstatements and stupid or nasty things said during live telecasts. There isn’t enough Internet to begin to list the countless instances of left-wing bias and politicking and idiocy the media engage in. What I’ve accumulated below is the scripted, planned and intentional.

Although I’m sure that more than a few examples have been overlooked (let me know which ones in the comments), this list is still a mind-blowing reminder of just how shamelessly corrupt the American media is. For these are the intentional lies, the intentional violations of ethics, the intentional manipulations, the intentional attempts to hurt the political right by employing the kind of tactics used by Third World propagandists.

And here is the most striking part…

All of these scandals involve an attempt by a media that advertises itself as non-partisan (MSNBC excepted) to aid and abet the Democrat Party, or undermine Republicans, or advance the media’s primary cause, which is to increase the size and scope of America’s central federal government.

As you read the list below, ask yourselves which American company or institution could survive a rap sheet even half as long as this one — decades of lies, cover ups, dictator-coddling, outright fraud, theft, and the fabrication of evidence.

The Watchman don’t need to be watched.

The Watchman are a disease that need to be cut completely out of our society.

walk down memory-corrected lane here:

Scandal Rap Sheet: 48 Reasons to Distrust & Despise the Media - Breitbart

I was once interviewed by a newspaper man when I was young and naïve . Answered all his questions honestly and openly .
Funny when the article was printed in the Vancouver Sun all my answers had been changed and all my thoughts and points were the exact opposite from what I had said .That was 40 years ago , do you think the press has changed since ?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Is that just the 1st page?

I was once interviewed by a newspaper man when I was young and naïve . Answered all his questions honestly and openly .
Funny when the article was printed in the Vancouver Sun all my answers had been changed and all my thoughts and points were the exact opposite from what I had said .That was 40 years ago , do you think the press has changed since ?

Man endlessly harps to newspaper. Many answers came before the questions were even asked.
The points said man made were wrong on almost all points and he actually gave conflicting statements which we have corrected for our readers. Ed the Editor..

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
Each panders to it's audience, by forcing it's reporters to,or goes out of business.
That's why good old unionized workers make the best reporters, they can feel free to maintain journalistic integrity, with less fear of job loss.
Right leaning,union haters will dispute this of course.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yes there are all of those things and FOX is not a news outlet its a mouthpiece of bias
in its own right. The mainstream media has some damn good investigative reporters
They report the news and when people screw up they make the news by telling the
story.
The fact is NE in the NFL should have been stripped of their title they were dishonest
they got caught. There is a bus load of Republican Politicians who mouth off and get
hammered in the media. The reason Democrats don't end up in the same headline is
they have learned when to keep their mouth shut.

Well that was a dumb post.

MSM is a mouth piece of the Democrats and PC and recent events solidify that.

George Stephanopoulos has forfeited all trust as a newsman | New York Post

Democrats have learned to keep their mouths shut and don't end up in headlines? Do you actually follow the news?

Geez how ridiculous.

Last edited: