These parents were once their parents' future

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
or something.

Photo of children climbing on Vietnam Women’s Memorial goes viral

WASHINGTON, D.C. — A photo that shows children climbing on The Vietnam Women’s Memorial has gone viral.

The nation’s capital has many sites that honor the service and sacrifice made by those who served our country. The Vietnam Women’s Memorial was dedicated to the women of the United States who served in the Vietnam War, most of whom were nurses.

Matthew Munson was visiting the memorial when some parents encouraged their children to climb on the memorial for a picture.

“There wasn’t a lot of people at this point,” Munson said. “Then a big group of people showed up just as the kids were treating the memorial more like a jungle gym and the parents were laughing. Then the veterans showed up, and they looked hurt more than angry. They were quiet.”

Munson continued, “That’s when I noticed a big group around the parents glaring at them, the pressure was intense and the kids blissfully ignorant. That’s when I snapped the picture. I tried getting a good shot of the crowd and the parents too but no luck. Kids jumped down and skittered off with their parents.

The photo sparked a debate on Reddit about how children should act around memorials.

Photo of children climbing on Vietnam Women’s Memorial goes viral | WGNO

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Guess the should have put a fence around it. You know, so nobody touched it.

BTW I have been there and the thing is indestructible so people should chill.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
So instead of saying something if you're bothered. Take a pic and put it on social media. Takes balls.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I think the 2015 euro free-climbing of the vimy memorial is being held next week.

luckily our war memorial in ottawa has them some armed guards now since they didn't have the brains to build a fence around it. :lol:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
hey anklesock...I think your pic buddy is some sorta FB artiste. take it up with him. :lol:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
She and the Veterans showed dignity and restraint. Clearly you missed that Bucky.

Clearly she (and they) didn't. .

When exactly did shyting on people in social media become dignified? Where I come from, introducing yourself and explaining to the offenders that some people may be uncomfortable having children use a memorial as a play place IS being dignified and showing restraint. Clearly you missed it Bucky

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Yes, or you. Clearly you missed it Bucky.
Several people in this forum know me, so I'm not that anonymous, and anyone with half a brain could find me if they put their mind to it with all the pictures I've posted...you won't even say what city you lve in.
And the guy put his name to the photo you ignorant twit!

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Several people in this forum know me, so I'm not that anonymous, and anyone with half a brain could find me if they put their mind to it with all the pictures I've posted...you won't even say what city you lve in.

i know you live in one of the bigger french towns on that lonely highway up north :p.. i live in sudbury the place you go to when you want a vacation :D

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Don't be silly. There are people here that know enough about me. Just because I value my privacy when dealing with nutters like you, doesn't mean that goes for everyone.

I could really care less if he put his name to the photo. It doesn't make it dignified. I'm sure you think so but given the bulk of your posts, I doubt you know what the word means. You should go post another meme.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
south end, i didnt want to say your actual town not my place.
No big secret, I've posted it several times.....
The other day Boomer posted that he was going to Ottawa to visit his folks, I was gonna send him a PM to see if he was gonna take Highway17 0r 11 from out west....and if he would take 11 I would have given him my phone # to meet him at Timmies on the highway....when he drove through....
But he's not accepting MP's

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
The other day Boomer posted that he was going to Ottawa to visit his folks, I was gonna send him a PM to see if he was gonna take Highway17 0r 11 from out west....and if he would take 11 I would have given him my phone # to meet him at Timmies on the highway....when he drove through....

Boomer is still challenged by phones.8O

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun

i remember once i walked into that bar i forget the name it was sun something. And as i was walking in my buddy and i were speaking english of course. Well everyone actually stopped and looked at us while the music was still playing. I said "Bonjooor" and everyone went back to drinking :lol:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Oh for gods sake they are children let them play at least they are paying attention
that its there. Surely we are not going to have a manual for how children behave
at monuments. I just happy they are playing outside some people need to get a life