St. Patricks day

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Princess on parade! Pregnant Duchess of Cambridge presents the Irish Guards with their traditional St Patrick's Day shamrocks

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were at the Mons Barracks in Aldershot, Hampshire, for the traditional St. Patrick's Day parade. Pregnant Kate, 33, was chic in a coat by Catherine Walker and a hat by the Duchess of Cornwall's favourite milliner Lock & Co. She also wore the gold Irish Guards Brooch, which once belonged to the Queen Mother and was lent to her for the occasion by the Queen.

Read more and see more pics: Princess on parade! Pregnant Kate presents the Irish Guards with their traditional St Patrick's Day shamrocks | Daily Mail Online

Big job: The Duchess has been conducting the ceremony, in which she presents the Irish Guards with their traditional St Patrick's Day shamrocks, since 2012 and follows in the Queen Mother and the Princess Royal's footsteps

One is amused: The Duchess burst into a fit of laughter during a group photo with the Irish Guards at the end of the ceremony. Prince William (left) is the Royal Colonel of the Irish Guards

Quick pat: Irish wolfhound Domhnall, the regiment's mascot, made an appearance on the parade ground, dressed in his crimson ceremonial uniform

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Big job: The Duchess has been conducting the ceremony, in which she presents the Irish Guards with their traditional St Patrick's Day shamrocks, since 2012 and follows in the Queen Mother and the Princess Royal's footsteps

When did y'all change the law making it a death-penalty offence to wear shamrocks, Blackleaf?

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I had clover (shamrocks) in my goddamn lawn. Devil of a time to get rid of. Had to call in the noxious-weed guys.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Patrick was a Welshman!

As a matter of fact "Patrick" or "Patrician" was his rank in the Roman-Briton society, not his name.

Perhaps, today is really "Taffy Day" eh?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Patrick was a Welshman!

As a matter of fact "Patrick" or "Patrician" was his rank in the Roman-Briton society, not his name.

Perhaps, today is really "Taffy Day" eh?

I always enjoyed straightening out the Italians when they claimed St. Patrick was Italian.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'm wearing a blood red sweater today. I've decided to side with the snakes.