Calgary Parking Authority doesn't screw around!!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Calgary Parking Authority doesn't screw around!!

This morning a bloody vehicle alarm woke me up about 7:30AM.. looked out me window to see a big black truck and trailer, sorta blocking the lane way.

I called up the Calgary Parking Authority, there reply was; "go get the license plate number."

Okay, went down stairs, copied it down, came back upstairs and called them back.

Their response was amazing, under cover police cars, marked police cars, CSI, a Tow Truck..

For the last 2 months I have been telling my ex-wife something strange has been going on with a bunch of guys in the building next door.. 3:00AM to 5:00AM they would arrive and off load stuff into their residence.

Ex-wife, don't be so paranoid, I was told.

I told her, I think they have guns, looks like a rifle and a hand gun..

Ex-wife, don't be so paranoid.

Well I'm glad to say, my paranoia is no longer an issue.

Neither is the bunch of idiots that arrive at 3:00AM every morning.

I'll let you know what they were arrested for when I find out.. but another resident said it was for several armed robberies and smash and grabs.

BTW, time to move.. used to be a nice quite area.. just gave my notice to the land lady.

Vancouver is looking good.. :)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
You won't escape the crime, the guns or the car alarms going off constantly.

You will find it crowded with people who insist on standing way too close. Also, people will stare at you while you walk and then because they are staring at you they will walk into you. There can be 5 to 10 feet of hallway on either side of them but I swear they think they're watching tv and forget they're walking. I've taken to "needing" to lift my elbows up when they are about 2 feet away. I pretend I'm in a mosh pit while at the mall. I find a certain time of the month way more satisfying for the visit. lol

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
You won't escape the crime, the guns or the car alarms going off constantly.

You will find it crowded with people who insist on standing way too close. Also, people will stare at you while you walk and then because they are staring at you they will walk into you. There can be 5 to 10 feet of hallway on either side of them but I swear they think they're watching tv and forget they're walking. I've taken to "needing" to lift my elbows up when they are about 2 feet away. I pretend I'm in a mosh pit while at the mall. I find a certain time of the month way more satisfying for the visit. lol

Well I have been thinking of moving back to the Vancouver area for a spell now..

I miss Langley, I miss the closeness to the United States and shopping.. I miss the warmer weather, and ocean. I Love Vancouver, and truly consider it the number 1 city in Canada and the World.. (my personal opinion)

Huh, just stepped outside, 3 1/2 hours now and we still have police barricades around the area and once in a while a helicopter. Oh and here come the police K9's ...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Well I have been thinking of moving back to the Vancouver area for a spell now..

I miss Langley, I miss the closeness to the United States and shopping.. I miss the warmer weather, and ocean.

the ocean. I can't imagine living somewhere where I can't smell or see the ocean. I've never been further then a 20 minute drive from the ocean.

well, how are you at moshing? lol

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Langley is not that over crowed, or Abbotsford. Lots of trees and parks, Fraser River and close to the mountains too.

Have you been lately?

Langley Township's growth is outstripping Surrey's - Langley Times

The annual BC Stats figures, released on Jan. 31, show the Township grew from 109,359 residents in 2012 to 112,440 last year, a growth rate of 2.8 per cent, or an average of 256 new people every month.

That is a faster rate of growth than neighbouring Surrey, which experienced a 2.3 per cent increase in population in 2013, breaking the half-million mark to total 504,661.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yeah, but I'm moving to Vancouver for more of a financial reason.. market base and targeted advertising to a specific geographical area.

...and more Internet Savvy and Enlightened population.

Don't count on the latter!:)

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.

I miss Langley, I miss the closeness to the United States and shopping.. I miss the warmer weather, and ocean. I Love Vancouver, and truly consider it the number 1 city in Canada and the World.. (my personal opinion)

Huh, just stepped outside, 3 1/2 hours now and we still have police barricades around the area and once in a while a helicopter. Oh and here come the police K9's ...
move to creston or cranbrook