'Dead' Cat Escapes Grave After Being Buried Alive

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
'Dead' Cat Escapes Grave After Being Buried Alive

Bart's grief-stricken owner had buried him after his lifeless body was found in the middle of the road following a car accident.

A cat who was buried after being hit by a car has seemingly come back from the dead - after managing to claw himself out of a grave.

Bart appeared lifeless after being found in the middle of a road by his grief-stricken owner and was laid to rest.

But five days later, the two-year-old cat was spotted in a neighbour's garden alive, despite the animal's serious injuries.

"He had dug himself out of the grave and slowly made his way back home - albeit weak, dehydrated and in need of medical attention," said the Humane Society, which is now caring for Bart as his owner is unable to pay for veterinary treatment.

When Bart was taken to their animal health centre in Florida, doctors discovered he had sustained a broken jaw and open facial wounds during the accident.

The feisty feline has also undergone surgery so one of his eyes could be removed.

Vets expect Bart to make a strong recovery, allowing him to return home in the not-too-distant future.

source: 'Dead' Cat Escapes Grave After Being Buried Alive

Used up 8 of those 9 lives I'd say.. hope they find a good home for the kitty.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Should come as a warning when burying obnoxious people make sure you place them face down!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
poor little guysie...glad things turned out okay for him

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's an ugly looking thing. If I had a cat that looks like that I'd be hoping it gets hit by a car just to get its looks improved.