Mohammed, the man

Kathie Bondar

Kathie Bondar
May 11, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
I searched the encyclopedia for Islamic marriages and found that Islamic historians by and large use creative licence for lack of written records. It is understandable in context of the culture, uneducated, nomadic, anecdotally passed on by men by the fireside during desert crossing, excluding women from any discussion. According to various articles in encyclopedias Mohammed’s personality varies from a poor humble orphan to mighty military leader commanding a vast army. A vast army those days would have been a few hundred men on foot supported by baggage camels. His sexual prowess would match the imagination of the chronicler.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Interesting, this contradicts what colpy has been spouting these past years. Mind you, at no time can I remember him ever backing up his accusations.

Ayshah & Muhammad - The True Love Story for Eternity
The Truth About the Age of Ayshah and Her Marriage to Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him).
by Yusuf Estes
Many things are being said about the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) these days. Some of the accusations are downright amazing and chilling even to consider someone would say it, much less be involved in this type of slander and smear campaign.
Let's consider some of the questions and what facts really exist about these concerns. Let's set the record straight once and for all.
A Brief Overview of Basic Facts
What is the true historical evidence about the person life of prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him)? What was his life style? What about his marriage to Khadijah (his first wife)? How did the offer of marriage to Ayshah really take place? Who made the offer? Was there any coercion or compulsion? What was her attitude? How did she reflect on it in later years? What did she have to say about it all? How did she feel about their love and intimacy?
He was the most honest and fair of all the people living in his community. None was respected more for honesty, integrity, sobriety and humbleness.
He had no bad habits and did not engage in drinking or relations with women, although it was common place amongst his people.
He never took a girlfriend nor a mistress in his life and never even attended parties or the like at anytime in his life.
His first personal encounter with a woman was his own wife, Khadijah, and that was for marriage. He was 25 years old and she was 15 years older (40).
He was only married to Khadijah until her death at the age of 65 years old.
There was a long time of mourning and sadness during which he was offered marriage to several women of their families.
He did not accept the first offer of marriage to Ayshah when her father had come to him with the proposal, instead he married an older, large woman named Sawdah.
Ayshah had been offered in marriage and engaged prior to being offered to the prophet, peace and blessings be upon him. That marriage never took place.
When Ayshah was older, again her father offered her in marriage and the proposal was accepted.
The whole family was happily involved and most elated in having the prophet of God as their close relative through marriage.
Ayshah herself was very happy with this marriage as is evidenced by the hundreds of teachings she later related after his death (peace and blessings be upon him).

Islams Women - Ayshah and Muhammad - The True Love Story for Eternity

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
If this guy was so amazing and sent by God himself, how is it I've never even heard about him till today?

Call me sceptical, but I'm not sold on this guy being anything but a lunatic.

Looks to me most only worship this guy out of fear of being publicly executed.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Interesting, this contradicts what colpy has been spouting these past years. Mind you, at no time can I remember him ever backing up his accusations.

Ayshah & Muhammad - The True Love Story for Eternity
The Truth About the Age of Ayshah and Her Marriage to Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him).
by Yusuf Estes
Many things are being said about the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) these days. Some of the accusations are downright amazing and chilling even to consider someone would say it, much less be involved in this type of slander and smear campaign.
Let's consider some of the questions and what facts really exist about these concerns. Let's set the record straight once and for all.
A Brief Overview of Basic Facts
What is the true historical evidence about the person life of prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him)? What was his life style? What about his marriage to Khadijah (his first wife)? How did the offer of marriage to Ayshah really take place? Who made the offer? Was there any coercion or compulsion? What was her attitude? How did she reflect on it in later years? What did she have to say about it all? How did she feel about their love and intimacy?
He was the most honest and fair of all the people living in his community. None was respected more for honesty, integrity, sobriety and humbleness.
He had no bad habits and did not engage in drinking or relations with women, although it was common place amongst his people.
He never took a girlfriend nor a mistress in his life and never even attended parties or the like at anytime in his life.
His first personal encounter with a woman was his own wife, Khadijah, and that was for marriage. He was 25 years old and she was 15 years older (40).
He was only married to Khadijah until her death at the age of 65 years old.
There was a long time of mourning and sadness during which he was offered marriage to several women of their families.
He did not accept the first offer of marriage to Ayshah when her father had come to him with the proposal, instead he married an older, large woman named Sawdah.
Ayshah had been offered in marriage and engaged prior to being offered to the prophet, peace and blessings be upon him. That marriage never took place.
When Ayshah was older, again her father offered her in marriage and the proposal was accepted.
The whole family was happily involved and most elated in having the prophet of God as their close relative through marriage.
Ayshah herself was very happy with this marriage as is evidenced by the hundreds of teachings she later related after his death (peace and blessings be upon him).

Islams Women - Ayshah and Muhammad - The True Love Story for Eternity

You call people stupid and then post this chit? Interesting.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Brigand

War monger

Genocidal murderer

Rapist

Pedophile

Great religious leader.

See, you keep posting this, and like I said, I have yet to see you prove any of it. At this time, it's just gallons and gallons of shyte pouring over your keyboard.

By force of habit of calling everyone stupid you have turned everyone against yourself.

I'm curious. What was the last grade you completed and passed?

If this guy was so amazing and sent by God himself, how is it I've never even heard about him till today?

Really, you had never heard of Mohammed until today? I find that very hard to believe considering the number of Muslim/Islam threads there have been on this board since 9/11.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Gerry....read a little history.

That's not good enough any more. The accusations that Mohamed himself was a pedophile and rapist need to be addressed. I have supplied a rebuttle already. Cite your proofs.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
See, you keep posting this, and like I said, I have yet to see you prove any of it. At this time, it's just gallons and gallons of shyte pouring over your keyboard.

I'm curious. What was the last grade you completed and passed?

Really, you had never heard of Mohammed until today? I find that very hard to believe considering the number of Muslim/Islam threads there have been on this board since 9/11.

I passed my 12th grade high school exam's. Also passed my red seal exam. And I'm also smart enough to understand religion is all a bunch of bull sh!t.

Made up to benefit those who invented it.
Definitely the worlds biggest hoax.

And to think humanity has been at war for ever and still is over some bull sh!t no one can ever prove is by itself the definition of stupidity

To Kill someone for making fun of the other persons imagination of some bull sh!t he can't even prove.

Prove to me God exists and I'll start taking you seriously. Until then it's only happening in you're head.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
That's not good enough any more. The accusations that Mohamed himself was a pedophile and rapist need to be addressed. I have supplied a rebuttle already. Cite your proofs.

Brigand:

Bukhari: V9B87N127 “The Prophet said, ‘I have been awarded victory by terror, so the treasures of the earth are mine.’”

War monger:

Mohammed vs the Jewish tribes..

Early Jewish History: Experience with Mohammad

Genocidal murderer:

Ishaq:464 “The Jews were made to come down, and Allah’s Messenger imprisoned them. Then the Prophet went out into the marketplace of Medina, and he had trenches dug in it. He sent for the Jewish men and had them beheaded in those trenches. They were brought out to him in batches. They numbered 800 to 900 boys and men.”

Rapist:

Here is a discussion of Mohammed's attitude towards rape:

Myth: Muhammad Would Never Approve of Rape

Pedophile:

Here are Muslims debating whether Mohammed had sex with a nine year old....their conclusion is yes.

A'isha, Mohammed's Nine-Year Old Wife

Great Religious Leader:

There is no evidence of this; but 5 out of 6 ain't bad.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
If we can only have peace once these miss-informed men are wiped off the face of this earth so be it.

Let there be no survivors.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Here is the heart of the problem we are going by books and teaching of others
words from two thousand years ago or fifteen hundred depending on the text.
Oh I forgot the Jewish texts are older than that, How the hell do we know what
is true? How do we know what was actual and what was symbolic? Remember
most couldn't read or write they were told many things as stories to illustrate
what the people could not read.
In the Bible Jesus said "Slaves obey your masters" I know this is used as anti
Christian. Remember the times one was living in. The Roman Empire was
looking at this guy and like today one picks their battles. I know slavery is not
acceptable but in that day it was a normal as owning a car and to try to understand
we have to think in those dimensions. The Bible is full of stuff the Koran is full
of stuff. That is why today enlightened people have difficulty living by an out of
date book of living instructions some things in it are against the law today.
I have been giving some thought to the events of the last few days. The society
the Muslims live in religiously do not prepare them for the real world. Like it or
not they are not equipped to live in the modern world with open views and the
aspect of independent thought. We are not forcing them to live in their own
conclaves in inner cities they are doing that on their own. If they want jobs and to
be part of the community they have to move to the modern era. Many are doing
that and all the credit to them. Some have isolated themselves in little confined
neighborhood spaces and the radicals feel insignificant and can't cope with the
difference from what they were taught the and reality of life especially in the west.
The immigration policy of the West is deficient, We don't see problems with Chinese
or Japanese or Europeans or South or Central America? The problem is there is a
clash between two ideologies that are not reconcilable. The educated people do
realize most of the good news in the ancient texts are guides and idealistically
driven the fundamentalist Muslim believes they are literal

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I passed my 12th grade high school exam's. Also passed my red seal exam.

Just more proof that "education" doesn't equate to intelligence.

And I'm also smart enough to understand religion is all a bunch of bull sh!t.

and that is your opinion and you are entitled to that opinion.

Made up to benefit those who invented it.
Definitely the worlds biggest hoax.

again, your opinion, and in some instances, very valid.

And to think humanity has been at war for ever and still is over some bull sh!t no one can ever prove is by itself the definition of stupidity

To Kill someone for making fun of the other persons imagination of some bull sh!t he can't even prove.

Not all wars and killing through the ages have been about "God" or "Religion", and if you think it has been, you are just showing more of your ignorance.

Prove to me God exists and I'll start taking you seriously. Until then it's only happening in you're head.

Not my place to do that. Only you can do that.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
For those who think the crusades were simply a Christian incursion into traditional Muslim territory the following might enlighten a few...for a start.....
By the 11th or 12th century starting with Mohamed centuries earlier the Muslims had encroached on about three quarters of what was Roman then Christian territory, including most of Spain.
The crusades just took it back for a few hundred years
History of the Crusades