Canadian Tire flyer considered sexist

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
heh

"some"...vague spineless determiner: an implied term that never has to be proven... usually meaning one or two whiny little assholes emailed ACME, the local rag or got noisy on social media about this or that. a favorite among the MSM to imply strong opposition to some common sensed idea where none actually exists other than the airhead's peabrain.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I guess Walter disagrees with me. I never would have believed that he would think the flyer was offensive. I guess he must be turning PC.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Caballos has pink compound bows. Even if they are tacky apparently people buy the stuff. PC crowd are much too sensitive about nothing when they should be worrying about feeding the hungry.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I guess Walter disagrees with me. I never would have believed that he would think the flyer was offensive. I guess he must be turning PC.
I've always been PC in ON. We just haven't had a conservative as its leader since Harris. Hence the continual losses with milquetoast leaders.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
i bet the board of directors of Canadian Tire are old, and a result are old thinkers who hold onto old ideas.
I wish i could have seen the section of choices, for "Him",this was left out of the news,this would be an indicator who or what all those gifts for her is all about

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Tyre. Not tire. The infinitive "to tire" means to lose energy or strength; grow weary.

containing a list of “gifts for her” that included items, such as sewing machines, pots and pans and a pink tool kit.

What's the problem here? It's traditional to give a woman a female gift. Who gives a woman a Panasonic 18V Cordless Impact Driver as a Christmas present? For some reason, many people in the early 21st Century seem to lack basic common sense.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I know quite a few young women who are going into the trades and they buy impact drivers and other "man's" tools and many of them go out of their way to buy ones with pink handles. The dude that was doing most of the complaining in the news clip kinda looked gay. Maybe he is jealous that his tools aren't pink. Seems odd that with all the crap going on in the world, some people want to get their knickers in a knot over stupid stuff like this.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I've always been PC in ON. We just haven't had a conservative as its leader since Harris. Hence the continual losses with milquetoast leaders.

Drew, Frost, Robarts and Davis were leaders. Harris wanted to be Hitler. No surprise he had support.

Funny that: CTC is sexist for targeting ladies - but the Dodge LaFemme is a classic.

Whiners....

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Not in Canada.

We all know you lot can't spell. You can't even spell your own username properly so you've got no chance of spelling "tyre" correctly.

I know quite a few young women who are going into the trades and they buy impact drivers and other "man's" tools and many of them go out of their way to buy ones with pink handles. The dude that was doing most of the complaining in the news clip kinda looked gay. Maybe he is jealous that his tools aren't pink. Seems odd that with all the crap going on in the world, some people want to get their knickers in a knot over stupid stuff like this.

The amount of women who use men's tools like impact drivers and would like to receive one as a Christmas present is very minimal. You may have a few hirsute manly birds living in your area, but I can assure you that the vast majority of women aren't like that.

On the other hand, sewing machines, pots and pans and pink tool kits are women's gifts and are usually amongst the first things a person thinks of when looking for gifts for a woman, not an impact driver or a Black & Decker Workmate.

When people with a bit of commonsense start to ignore the Lefties and the PC Brigade, who seem to think that there are no longer any genders and that all of humanity is of the same gender and that therefore we can no longer have "men's gifts", "women's gifts", "girls' gifts" and "boys' gifts" because everything has to be "gender neutral", the better. Because reality is very different from the way the Left and their PC Brigade allies see it.

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You can't even spell your own username properly....

So you keep saying. You look awfully silly considering there is no other way to spell "Cannuck".

It must really upset you Brittish folk when us North Americans discard your old words and phrases.

Hip hip, tally-ho and all that.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Tyre. Not tire. The infinitive "to tire" means to lose energy or strength; grow weary.

What's the problem here? It's traditional to give a woman a female gift. Who gives a woman a Panasonic 18V Cordless Impact Driver as a Christmas present? For some reason, many people in the early 21st Century seem to lack basic common sense.

Well according to you the British are responsible for the 21st century, do something about the lack of common sence.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Well according to you the British are responsible for the 21st century, do something about the lack of common sence.

We're responsible for the good bits.

You look awfully silly considering there is no other way to spell "Cannuck".

Yes, there is. The correct way.

It must really upset you Brittish folk when us North Americans discard your old words and phrases.

"British". Not "Brittish."

And why would it upset us? English is as much your language as it is ours. Your British ancestors took it with them. If you want to degrade Canadian English that's entirely up to you.

Hip hip, tally-ho and all that.

See you!