OFF WITH HER HEAD? Muslim outrage at singer Beyonce

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
OFF WITH HER HEAD? Muslim outrage at singer Beyonce for mocking Islam last night when she donned an Islamic-style veil in her latest video

The megastar singer was seen sporting the Muslim headbag (hijab) in a promo for her superpower duet with Frank Ocean. But Muslim activists accused her of disrespecting Islam by pairing the headgear with a bare skin-revealing outfit.

She was also blasted by feminists for modelling a garment seen as oppressive to women. Dana Yager wrote: “Sorry, Beyonce. Probably not in the best interest for women’s rights to make the hijab fashionable. Just sayin’.”

The 33-year-old released the clip online yesterday to promote a special edition of her self-titled 2013 LP, due out on Friday. At the same time she uploaded another 13 videos from the “visual album”, released last December. They include a steamy promo for her track Haunted which shows her writhing around in black lingerie. The song is guaranteed to get pulses racing when it features in upcoming movie 50 Shades Of Grey.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQBMQ_2x8Pc

source: Muslims Are Furious Over What Beyonce Wore in This Music Video [FULL PICTURE]

Can't make this sh1t up..

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Sorry but Muslims do not hold a monopoly on the headscarf. The English wore it in Shakespeare's time!

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Also, if you do some research online, you'll be surprised to learn that some non-Muslim women choose to wear the hijab for stylistic or esthetic reasons. It would seem to Mr that to force s woman to not wear the hijab woulf be just as bad as forcing her to weat it.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
If religion requires enforcement it is not a religion. It is tyranny - Anthony Douglas Williams

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
If religion requires enforcement it is not a religion. It is tyranny - Anthony Douglas Williams

Human beings have no unearned rights and are not entitled to unearned respect and books and beliefs are books and beliefs. Human rights has become a useless describer, google it, it's been used to death. I give you Human Rights Watch and all the rest of the faux champions.
A little bit of enforcement never hurt anyone. We live in an age of underenforcement and over tolerance.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I'm with the muzzies on this one. Well okay, just remove her vocal cords.

I was in a store one day and there was this very annoying music on their speaker system. I asked the girl at the cash if they pay her extra to listen to that and she laughed and said "I know it's awful'. It was a radio station and the and as the song ended the very excited DJ announced that was some song by beyonce.

Brutal stuff..........

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
If I had to take something off Beyonce, it wouldn't be her head. Rather take the heads of those ridiculous muzzies who's only responce to any argument is to behead, or kill anyone in disagreement with their archaic rules.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
If I had to take something off Beyonce, it wouldn't be her head. Rather take the heads of those ridiculous muzzies who's only responce to any argument is to behead, or kill anyone in disagreement with their archaic rules.
That part is spoken like a true Christian, the not bolded part is spoken like a true false Christian.

What if the Quran turned out to be the lost teaching of Jesus as preached to the Tribe that the woman from the Jacob's well was from? Now how do you justify their 'return to the dust'?

I'm with the muzzies on this one. Well okay, just remove her vocal cords.
Brutal stuff..........
From which end, one is quite a bit more brutal than the other.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Human beings have no unearned rights and are not entitled to unearned respect and books and beliefs are books and beliefs. Human rights has become a useless describer, google it, it's been used to death. I give you Human Rights Watch and all the rest of the faux champions.
A little bit of enforcement never hurt anyone. We live in an age of underenforcement and over tolerance.

I agree somewhat. I'll treat another human being with respect, up until they've no longer earned it. But that still feels like, maybe, 2 types of respect. I would never be disrespectful of a person I've just met, but again they haven't earned my respect until I've gotten to know them, you know?

The point made in that meme is more about the fact that Islam does not deserve and has not earned respect. Your religious believes are not what is respected and if someone is going to dis something you believe in...tough t itties.

I do believe that human beings have some rights. Basic rights that a governing body has not right to trample over, remove, or disregard.

What things are do you believe are underenforced and overtolerated?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
The story is just another made up one since the video clearly does not mock Islam nor is she wearing a Muslima headdress. Note the source of the item which is a right wing one and likely intended to stir up more pro war and hate filled hysteria.

By the way, if you look up the comments on youtube nobody makes any reference to Islam as this video deals with the unalterable power of love, not religion.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Toronto councillor wants Beyonce investigated

Toronto councillor wants Beyonce investigated

Toronto councillor Jim Karygiannis wants Beyonce investigated before she enters Canada again. This is because of the Super Bowl 50 halftime show that featured back up dancers dressed as Black Panthers complete with guns and ammo

MoreWould it surprise you to learn he's an ex Liberal MP?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Re: Toronto councillor wants Beyonce investigated

Freedom of expression. Only for things first approved by big brother.