Kirk Cameron's "Saving Christmas"

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Kirk Cameron’s latest Lie “Saving Christmas

Kirk Cameron’s “Saving Christmas” is a cynical ploy masquerading as a movie aimed squarely at the faith-based demographic. And it’s political. This is the opening shot in Fox’s fake “War on Christmas” pageant.

Cameron is an ideologue and right wing culture warrior. He’s partners with fellow far right fundamentalist trickster and “evangelist” Ray Comfort. Comfort is into tricks to lure the unwary into the kingdom of far right fundamentalist faith that I’ve seen before. I grew up as the son of fundamentalist missionaries. We too were trained to trick people into the Kingdom of God. We’d pretend to be interested in someone when all we wanted to do was propagandize them. But we never faked money.

Comfort did. He designed dozens of gospel tracts (little flyers selling Jesus) since the 1970s, and sells millions of so-called Living Waters tracts each year.Some of his tracts are designed to resemble paper money, including fake $100, $1000 and $1 million bills in order to sucker people into picking this Jesus litter up. Others employ novelties like a “ticket to heaven.”

In June 2006, agents of the US Secret Service confiscated thousands of Ray Comfort’s “Million Dollar Bill” gospel tracts from Darrel Rundus, president of Great News Network.

Bluntly these people are an embarrassment to all but far right evangelicals, and of course to Fox News. In October 2010, The New Zealand Herald reported that elderly people received “appointment cards” by Comfort’s California-based publishing company, Living Waters, asking them to fill out information regarding the date and time of their deaths, and advising them to contact evangelists in order to avoid hell. . In 2011, Comfort wrote and produced a 33-minute documentary film called 180: Changing the Heart of a Nation. The film was criticized by The Huffington Post for its comparison of abortion to the Holocaust.

Kirk Cameron’s latest Lie “Saving Christmas”

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
:lol:Merry Christmas

I have never yet had anyone try to prevent me from saying nor be offended when I have said it.

I must live a charmed life I tell ya...:lol:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Fagan

anyway, looks like the anti-christianites are mad again. poor sots. :lol:

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
:lol:Merry Christmas

I have never yet had anyone try to prevent me from saying nor be offended when I have said it.

I must live a charmed life I tell ya...:lol:

Good. I could care less about xmas but something that really bothers me is people who cave to PC rules then complain about them.

As for this movie, it looks hilariously bad. Probably not bad to watch with a few drinks.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Good. I could care less about xmas but something that really bothers me is people who cave to PC rules then complain about them.

As for this movie, it looks hilariously bad. Probably not bad to watch with a few drinks.

I'd need more but then I'd get sick....see the dilemma?

I love in the shops when they say Happy Holidays of making a point of saying Merry Christmas because they can't,,,except really they can...the thing is regardless of what they say they are wishing me well so it's all good and I have never met anyone who felt the opposite.

I used to hate the phrase Happy Holidays when I was in retail...what holidays...ya work your tail off leading up, get one day off to collapse, and then work your tail off for the next 3.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

Let me know how it goes.

It's currently got 8% on rotten tomatoes, so I'm sure all the fundamentalist Christians must be shocked.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Let me know how it goes.

It's currently got 8% on rotten tomatoes, so I'm sure all the fundamentalist Christians must be shocked.
yeah because it couldn't possibly be, bad acting, bad writing, bad script, bad presentation....it MUST be an attack on their belief system

:roll:

even when not attacked, they just know it's coming

I don't get it frankly because none of my Christian friends are that psycho sensitive...but hey...someone's gotta do it

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
yeah because it couldn't possibly be, bad acting, bad writing, bad script, bad presentation....it MUST be an attack on their belief system

:roll:

even when not attacked, they just know it's coming

I don't get it frankly because none of my Christian friends are that psycho sensitive...but hey...someone's gotta do it

Oh I agree it's probably a terrible movie.

It's also a big fat lie, and pretty much breaks one of the ten commandments, but there is no doubt in my mind that a lot of evangelicals will eat this up because of how the pagans have 'destroyed Christmas' because they replaced Christ with Santa.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Oh I agree it's probably a terrible movie.

It's also a big fat lie, and pretty much breaks one of the ten commandments, but there is no doubt in my mind that a lot of evangelicals will eat this up because of how the pagans have 'destroyed Christmas' because they replaced Christ with Santa.

go to the 1 min mark and listen again to what Cameron says, because obviously, you didn't listen.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
go to the 1 min mark and listen again to what Cameron says, because obviously, you didn't listen.

Cameron wants to keep the 'Christ' in Christmas so he's already hilariously wrong.

He's also telling people to promote it as good, despite it being horribly bad.

'Thou shalt not bear false witness' says hello.

How unchristian of him.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Cameron wants to keep the 'Christ' in Christmas so he's already hilariously wrong.

Good grief, who cares?

The kid from Growing Pains, straight to DVD release, hardly the cinematic masterpiece of the century I'm sure, but if some folks want to watch it, who frigging cares?

Geez, talk about mountains out of molehills.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

He's also telling people to promote it as good, despite it being horribly bad.

'Thou shalt not bear false witness' says hello.

How unchristian of him.

Ahhhh.... so you want to ensure that "Christ" is taken out of Christmas.

So, tell me, why is it "horribly bad"?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Ahhhh.... so you want to ensure that "Christ" is taken out of Christmas.

Couldn't give a **** how people interpret Christmas, I just laugh at those who tell us how we are supposed to interpret it.

So, tell me, why is it "horribly bad"?

Just go to rotten tomatoes or imdb and read the critic reviews.

It's pretty unanimous in how it was getting panned.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Couldn't give a **** how people interpret Christmas, I just laugh at those who tell us how we are supposed to interpret it.

well, any one with half a brain knows what Cameron's target audience is. I guess that's the problem when it comes to you. You fall short in the brain department.

Just go to rotten tomatoes or imdb and read the critic reviews.

It's pretty unanimous in how it was getting panned.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, because I'm all about other people telling me what I will and will not like. There's that proof again. I'll let you continue to allow others to think for you.