Guy takes selfie with bear, America copies, then discovers original was fake

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Guy takes selfie with bear, America copies, then discovers original was fake

A terrifying selfie with a bear, taken by a backpacker, has seen the US go nuts over the dangerous pastime, snapping and Instagramming their own brushes with death. The one thing they didn’t know? The original selfie wasn’t even real.

“My faux bear selfie picture has gone viral! So many websites, newspapers and blogs have posted the picture. So funny,” Jacob Bean said in a subsequent Instagramm collage of stunned newspaper headlines, depicting his ‘horrified’ expression in the face of certain doom.

“NO ONE except NBC has asked to use the photography or checked the legitimacy of the photograph. This picture was photoshopped as a joke after my backpacking trip in May in the Smoky Mountain National Park because I kept saying I was going to get a selfie with a bear. I never saw a bear. So I made sure it happened!” – the rest of the post read.

source: MORE PICS http://rt.com/usa/200851-bear-selfi..._medium=aplication_chrome&utm_campaign=chrome

Kind'a surprised folks could not see that was shopped..

So I will add MY Black Bear selfie.. that is REAL..

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
That's hilarious. Clearly that sentence every parents used on their child "if all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?" is bunk. Yes they would and they'd take a selfie doing it.

I wish I'd thought of this. I have a great picture of a bear I took at Burnaby Lake I could have used too.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
What I find strange is how it's only in the last few years or so that lots of people have discovered that they can take photos of themselves.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Post it..

k, couldn't find the great picture...might have been more of the fact that a bear appeared at burnaby lake that made me think it was a great pic. Also, this is from 2011..so that's like 4 years ago and so brain shrinkage...right?

This is the pic I took. I could probably do a blurry one of me and add it....this is the closes I've been to a bear that wasn't behind a fence and that I knew about.

Last edited:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I find is stange that people think other people care about their selfies.

It might not be that people think other people are interested in their selfie so much as that they can then project an image of being super busy and leading a super exciting life, cause just look at the pictures of them doing stuff.