Conrad black talks about canadian sacrifice

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Conrad Black in Conversation with Brian Stewart
1914-2014: A Century Of Aftershocks

This event, hosted by the Vimy Foundation and sponsored by TD Bank Group, will be held at the newly reopened Royal Canadian Military Institute. All proceeds from this event will support building the new Vimy Education Centre.​

Please see the attached invitation for more information, and
visit our website to purchase your tickets.​
(If you cannot see the invitation below, please click here to view it on our website.)

First of all, I'd like encourage everyone to boycott this event. Black is probably the worst person to speak up about Canadian sacrifice, as he is the crybaby who angrily renounced his Canadian Citizenship because he wanted a seat in the House of Lords. Black is also a convicted felon, having served six and a half years in US prison for fraud and obstruction of justice.

Once a recipient of the Order of Canada, Black was stripped of Order of Canada and is now appealing.

This pompous A-Hole is a Canadian of convenience and should not be speaking on behalf of the Canadians who gave their lives during the Great War.

In my opinion, the Vimy Foundation has lost its bloody mind and should consider a individual who, at the very least, is proud of their heritage and this Country to speak on behalf of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

I could think of far more suitable Canadians to speak at this event and encourage anyone who is in agreement to alert the VIMY FOUNDATION of their feelings in this matter.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I don't disagree with your premise and I don't like the guy. He is however very astute with history and politics. I wish his knowledge belonged to someone else.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I think Conrad Black pissed off the wrong people and they paid him back. He is not my favorite but I can't help admiring the guy. One thing that keeps me at least a bit on his side is that his wife is standing with him and she is no dummy..

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I think Conrad Black pissed off the wrong people and they paid him back. He is not my favorite but I can't help admiring the guy. One thing that keeps me at least a bit on his side is that his wife is standing with him and she is no dummy..

Really, what is it that you admire?

How he publicly renounced his Canadian Citizenship or how he became a Canadian of Convenience.

He isn't worthy of this. I'd rather see Pierre Berton or Joseph Boyden speak about this rather than the likes of turncoat like Black.

I don't disagree with your premise and I don't like the guy. He is however very astute with history and politics. I wish his knowledge belonged to someone else.

There are many who surpass him and still are great Canadians.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Really, what is it that you admire?

How he publicly renounced his Canadian Citizenship or how he became a Canadian of Convenience.

He isn't worthy of this. I'd rather see Pierre Berton or Joseph Boyden speak about this rather than the likes of turncoat like Black.

There are many who surpass him and still are great Canadians.

He is one of the most intelligent men to come out of his era. He wanted to be in the House of Lords and Chretien blocked him. In order to
get into the House of Lords he had to relinquish hi Canadian citizenship. I think he pissed off some very powerful people and it cost him.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
He is one of the most intelligent men to come out of his era. He wanted to be in the House of Lords and Chretien blocked him. In order to
get into the House of Lords he had to relinquish hi Canadian citizenship. I think he pissed off some very powerful people and it cost him.

He was a pretty big dick about the whole relinquishing thing as I recall. I'm no fan of Chretien, but this windbag should have went back to the UK after he got out of jail.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Here is a man who turned in his own citizenship to obtain a Lordship from another country
He has the nerve to come on the airwaves and talk about real Canadians who made a
sacrifice for their country nothing short of disgusting.
My father and many a relative of participants here bled for Canada in the open fields and mud
of WWI trenches. The only sacrifice Black might have made is the cushion on his House of
Lords seat might not have been thick enough to protect his brain.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Here is a man who turned in his own citizenship to obtain a Lordship from another country
He has the nerve to come on the airwaves and talk about real Canadians who made a
sacrifice for their country nothing short of disgusting.
My father and many a relative of participants here bled for Canada in the open fields and mud
of WWI trenches. The only sacrifice Black might have made is the cushion on his House of
Lords seat might not have been thick enough to protect his brain.

How exactly did your father's sacrifice improve things for him, your family, Canada, or the world?

Just curious.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
He's nothing but a douchebag that got caught with his hand in a lot of other people's cookie jars. I would find him a tad less despicable if he had returned every single penny he stole, but he didn't, so I don't.