A John Maguire from Ottawa has joined ISIS

tay
The 23-year-old, who once aspired to play in the NHL, is now one of dozens of Canadians under RCMP investigation after allegedly making their way to Syria, some to join extremist factions such as the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham.

The RCMP declined to comment on the case but friends and family told the National Post in interviews that police were investigating Mr. Maguire, who appears to have embraced the ISIS cause since leaving Ottawa in January 2013.

The ISIS logo was the banner on his Facebook page and he wrote that opposing the so-called caliphate declared by the terrorist group was “apostasy.” He defended the destruction of shrines and said Christians had to convert to Islam “or face the sword.”

“I can’t understand,” said a friend, who asked not to be publicly identified. Like the others, he was approached by Canadian authorities following Mr. Maguire’s sudden departure. “Before he left, he didn’t seem like that type of guy.”

Counter-terrorism officials say they are concerned that Canadian fighters who survive the conflicts in Syria and Iraq may return home to spread anti-Western radicalism and conduct terrorist attacks, but Mr. Maguire does not seem to want to leave.

As a boy, Mr. Maguire had a tough time, she said. After his mother left an abusive relationship and then suffered health problems, he was raised partly by his grandparents. “John is a very smart kid,” Ms. McPherson said, “but there was always something kind of closed off, and he kept to himself. And, of course, that’s exactly what these people are looking for — a bright guy, kind of a loner, needing a place to fit in.”

His Facebook account, which was filled with bigoted comments about both non-Muslims and Muslims who do not subscribe to his extremism, was taken down shortly after a reporter sent him a message requesting an interview.

Mr. Maguire did not respond to questions sent to his various social media accounts. But on a social network account associated with his Twitter page, he explained at length his decision to relocate to a “land of jihad.”

Canada was a country Muslims should “hate for the sake of Allah” because of its “support for the enemies of Islam,” notably the United States and Israel, and its “war against the Muslims in Afghanistan,” he wrote.

“Evil is very prominent in Canadian culture, homosexuality, fornication and adultery are generally accepted, drugs and alcohol are easily accessible and widely accepted as being ‘normal,’ women and men are often not properly covered, music is widespread in public places.”

He explained he had not sought his parents’ permission to travel abroad because jihad was “obligatory” and “in this situation the son is to go for jihad regardless of what his parents say.” To please God “one should sacrifice what he has in the West and make hijrah [migration] to a land of jihad.”

more

Extremist named John Maguire: Ottawa student likely joined ISIS after converting to Islam and moving to Syria | National Post

MHz
There is already a thread about this as it doesn't seem to really be an update.
The the other one it mentioned that the RCMP would not confirm what their mission was.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

“Evil is very prominent in Canadian culture, homosexuality, fornication and adultery are generally accepted, drugs and alcohol are easily accessible and widely accepted as being ‘normal,’ women and men are often not properly covered, music is widespread in public places.”

He doesn't sound very polite AT ALL!

In Canada music is widespread? In public places?! Why you heathens!

tay
I searched the name Maguire before posting and nothing came up.........

B00Mer

Sounds like one of MegaHurtz's Rants, followed by Bible Quotes..

I searched the name Maguire before posting and nothing came up.........

John "Yahya" Maguire - The story just broke 5 hours ago..

coldstream
+1
#6  Top Rated Post
ISIS is open to all willing to strap themselves into an explosives belt or pickup truck and blow themselves into a Martyr's Paradise.. with a harem of 72 sex slaves (of either gender).. apparently the same moral standards don't apply to the afterlife.
Last edited by coldstream; Aug 26th, 2014 at 01:36 PM..

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

ISIS is open to all willing to strap on an explosives belt and blow yourself into a Martyr's Paradise.. with a harem of 72 sex slaves.. apparently the same moral standards don't apply to after life.

Do they make clear who will be the slave and the master? Some guys make have an unpleasant suprise after they push the detonator.

darkbeaver
We don't hear much about Al-Quadhu these days, I suppose they've been defeated by the forces of good. Captured and force feed milk and apple pie.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

He doesn't sound very polite AT ALL!

In Canada music is widespread? In public places?! Why you heathens!

I'm in favour of airstrikes on Ottawa.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

Do they make clear who will be the slave and the master? Some guys make have an unpleasant suprise after they push the detonator.

I think there is a little more truth than fun in that Ski.

tay
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

We don't hear much about Al-Quadhu these days, I suppose they've been defeated by the forces of good. Captured and force feed milk and apple pie.

You haven't been paying attention.......

The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), which controls a large swath of territory stretching over the borders of Iraq and Syria, has surpassed the power and influence of Al-Qaeda, the group from which it traces its origins, experts say.

ISIS, which began in 2004 under the name of the Organization of Monotheism and Jihad (JTJ) as a loyal offshoot of Osama bin Laden’s veteran Al-Qaeda, evolved over the years into its own entity, gaining critical mass during the Syrian civil war which erupted during the Arab Spring in 2011.

But splits would soon emerge.

In late 2013, Al-Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahiri ordered that ISIS be disbanded. ISIS’ leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, however, contested al-Zawahiri's ruling and the group continued to operate in Syria.

Then in February of this year, Al-Qaeda cut off all ties with ISIS – according to U.S. officials, due to the group’s extreme brutality and animosity toward other Islamist groups.

Although ISIS has had control over the Syrian city of Raqqa since last year and Iraq’s second largest city of Mosul since June 2014, in addition to a lot of other territory, Al-Qaeda – meaning “the base” – maintains a more global presence, with branches in countries including Somalia, Algeria and Yemen.

english.alarabiya.net/en/pers...al-Qaeda-.html (external - login to view)

Walter
+1 / -1
Hope he blows up real good.

B00Mer

John "Yahya" Maguire, a Muslim convert and former University of Ottawa student, is under RCMP investigation after he disappeared in January 2013 and turned up in Syria. On his Facebook page, he supports killing Christians and Jews who do not convert to Islam.

His twitter account

OH yeah, and here is the Facebook page of the idiot who "LIKED" (external - login to view) what he had to say.

Dur muhammad magsi

What I really like is following who is following these nut jobs, particularly the ones living in Victoria, BC and Red Deer, AB (just kidding about RD)

Yangseon Ryan Kang (external - login to view) Live in Victoria, BC

Yup, Islam, such a Religion of Peace

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Sounds like one of MegaHurtz's Rants, followed by Bible Quotes..

One Stampede when foreigners are let in and look at the **** that happens.
You only get pisses at the quotes when they show the seamy underbelly that society has. Other than that telling mountains to move and such would be pretty cool if reality based, what that bump during the transition from the left giving up the artwork and the driving. Right then left is put in that order for a reason. Think of of it this way if 2/3 of the class fails then the odds are that number starts out lower rather than being higher and then taking a dive. In your quest to ignore the Bible as a book can you put the travels of Enoch into 1080 on 3 screens if your VR pod is built for 4 and a small pet. The zipper edition is action orientated not being eaten and it fits a standard door opening so basements that already have customers waiting will be out of the door before X-mas. Give the ATV crowd a way to take a trip and not even leave the farm. (and why does that sound so familiar and why am I trying to do a voice-over in text?)

Is the world ready for Jahadi Wong? Left his beard at home again, damn.

Yangseon Ryan Kang (external - login to view) Live in Victoria, BC

Yup, Islam, such a Religion of Peace
'Thank You, Come Again.' is not a Muslim saying you (insert appropriate racial slur that hits really deep), . . . so there.

B00Mer
+1
Dude your quotes are Religious trash.. nothing more..

Religion is for the week minded. You're better off believing in Santa Clause or the Tooth Fairy. At least you get presents.

wwwyoutubecomwatchvE2zhlDbMfDg

MHz

Dude your quotes are Religious trash.. nothing more..

Those words said in the same musical tone is from Pakistan or India depending which direction you are traveling, turn around and India or Pakistan is the correct way to express where you are when, you know, over there. Here it don't matter so much as everybody has the first name of 'Whoa'. I hope I don't have to explain why, . . . . , just sayin . . .

Like I offered, resurrect your wasp thread and pick a subject or let me start with the old earth theory becasue right now you do not know what the term means. takes one post to give a detailed summation You can't make it up when you quote it.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Those words said in the same musical tone is from Pakistan or India depending which direction you are traveling, turn around and India or Pakistan is the correct way to express where you are when, you know, over there. Here it don't matter so much as everybody has the first name of 'Whoa'. I hope I don't have to explain why, . . . . , just sayin . . .

Like I offered, resurrect your wasp thread and pick a subject or let me start with the old earth theory becasue right now you do not know what the term means. takes one post to give a detailed summation You can't make it up when you quote it.

Lay off the pipe.

Last edited by B00Mer; Aug 26th, 2014 at 08:21 PM..

WLDB
+1
These guys really need to work on their beard styles. Seriously, they always look weird.

MHz

Lay of the pipe.

I know her all eleventeen of her twins

The Moody Blues In The Beginning- Lovely To See You - YouTube

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

These guys really need to work on their beard styles. Seriously, they always look weird.

Prepubescent, not quite enough hair of the face to be a real man.

MHz

Lay off the pipe.

I wasn't the one that introduced never never land to the topic. Don't blame me for other people being 'out to lunch', bad trolls, bad.

Tecumsehsbones
Wait, what? Maguire? Doesn't the Ontario school system educate kids enough to tell the difference between ISIS and IRA?