Reporter posts photos of 'rubber bullets...

Locutus
+1
via Fark:

proving once and for all that that "Media Guide to Firearms" image is not really a joke (external - login to view)

these ignorant, moronic trolls bask in their duties as journalists, information gatherers, news spreaders...yeah, whatever...they're all the same:

How a Reporter’s Clueless Report on ‘Rubber Bullets’ Made the Internet Explode in Hilarious Ridicule

Huffington Post reporter Ryan Reilly made pretty much all of Twitter do a double-take, check again to make sure he wasn’t joking, then double over in laughter and ridicule. And he did it with just one little tweet:

After some disbelieving responses, Reilly apologized, which is really rather revealing of how utterly detached our news media is from the common man.

Anyway, there was some grade “A” mockery served up to Reilly via Twitter, all asking if he could “confirm” these “weapons” found at Ferguson:

more about your intellectual and moral superiors covering ferguson and every other event you need to know about:

How a Reporter’s Clueless Report on ‘Rubber Bullets’ Made the Internet Explode in Hilarious Ridicule (external - login to view)

taxslave
+1
Do you need a firearms permit to buy these? I have several handfulls rolling around in my truck.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Well, call me clueless, but what are they? I tried going to the link but it just hangs after loading 1/2 way.

captain morgan
+2
#4  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

Well, call me clueless, but what are they? I tried going to the link but it just hangs after loading 1/2 way.

Foam ear plugs

B00Mer
Here are rubber bullets.

They are not supposed to be leathal, but they can hurt like hell..

...and you don't want to get one in the eye.

Tecumsehsbones

Earplugs. You can get a dozen of them in any drugstore in the U.S. for a couple bucks. They're good for shooting and any other high-noise occupation. They're very light foam rubber.

Nuggler
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Do you need a firearms permit to buy these? I have several handfulls rolling around in my truck.

I just bought a new pack at the lumber store.

****ing unbelievable !

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Earplugs. You can get a dozen of them in any drugstore in the U.S. for a couple bucks. They're good for shooting and any other high-noise occupation. They're very light foam rubber.

I guess its a different style than those I have seen. Those look more comfortable.

petros
The "ear" brand are garbage.

Tecumsehsbones

I guess its a different style than those I have seen. Those look more comfortable.

This type you roll between your fingers to compact them, then stick them in your ears and they expand to fill the ear canal. That's why they're effective. Good ones are -33 dB.

Twila
for a minute there I was almost a dangerous criminal....

I use those all the time because the hubby, the cat under the bed and the dog at the end of the bed all snore...

lone wolf
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Here are rubber bullets.

They are not supposed to be leathal, but they can hurt like hell..

...and you don't want to get one in the eye.

Same as paintball - but people PAY to do that

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

for a minute there I was almost a dangerous criminal....

I use those all the time because the hubby, the cat under the bed and the dog at the end of the bed all snore...

That's OK. You can still be a dangerous criminal. Start with stealing Milk Duds, then work your way up.

petros
Not rubber at all. Plastic on the outside, cold hard steel in the center.

It's all about the FPS babycakes.

Grievous
Pfft....what a dummy.

He should have known the police use those so their ears don't hurt from shooting black people.

lone wolf
They're the do-dad safety features that restrict hearing a cease fire order

JamesBondo
Some people wear them while having sex.

Locutus
leave it to huffpo

Grievous
Yep, the former Republican who decided truth was better.

Praxius
They're also (obviously) used for construction work and operation of heavy machinery that produce a lot of noise that can damage your hearing (besides also being used for firearms operation)

But yeah.... the guy noted in the OP is a frick'n dolt.

He either has no idea about firearms and what rubber bullets are (he could have at least Googled it before he made himself an idiot on the internet).... or he has no idea about what construction/labour workers use on a daily basis.

Keep sipping your late you yuppie.

Tecumsehsbones
Latte.

gopher
+1

Rubber Biscuit!

QuebecCanadian
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondoView Post

Some people wear them while having sex.

It'd be the last time.