Twerking Siberia: Russian dancers become YouTube sensation

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Twerking Siberia: Russian dancers become YouTube sensation

A dance video by a group of girls from Novosibirsk, the biggest city in Siberia, has garnered 29 million views on YouTube, prompting an American choreography guru to fly over and check out the young Russian dancers’ twerking skills.

Young women dreaming of summer sun and fun in the middle of Siberian freezing winter is the simple storyline of the music video which earned Novosibirsk’s Fraules dance center their huge online popularity. (Fraules means strawberries in Greek.)

Major Lazer - "Watch out for this" dance super video by DHQ Fraules - YouTube

“I think that partially our videos help to break this 'cold' stereotype about Siberia,” Yelena Yatkina, 23, founder of the Fraules dance center told The Siberian Times news website.

“And I love telling people how great life is in Siberia,” she told the website. “I love saying I am from Novosibirsk, not from Moscow.”

The latest manifestation of the girls’ popularity has been a recent visit to the center by American dancer Danielle Polanco, a choreographer for Beyonce, Janet Jackson and Jennifer Lopez.

“It is extremely cool here, you've done really well,” Polanco said. “It is much better here than in Moscow. And also the people, they are warmer and friendlier.”

Yatkina says the secret of their success is trying to travel as much as possible, and to take part in as many competitions across the world as they can.

The Siberian dance center regularly posts new videos, showing the progress the students make in twerking, the most popular dance style taught there.

“People are taken by the energy, rhythm, and beauty of the movements,” the ST quotes Yatkina as saying. “For some it is the best possible way to keep in shape, because it is not easy to train your body even for an hour. If you enter our classes in winter, you'll feel it's like being in sauna with all the mirror steamed up and all of us covered in sweat.”

NEW twerk choreo by DHQ Fraules - YouTube

source: Twerking Siberia: Russian dancers become YouTube sensation (VIDEOS) ? RT News

Hot russian babes!!!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It seems that's all young women are interested in nowadays. Squirming around on stage to ****ty music with their crotches out. That's why men will continue to dominate the globe in the 21st Century. Emmeline Pankhurst must be very proud.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
white women as sex objects.

They shouldn't be prancing about on stage with their crotches out then, should they? People don't force Kylie Minogue, Miley Cyrus or Beyonce to squirm about on stage showing off their buttocks whilst wailing into a microphone. And I bet none of those girls in that photo are that bright. A woman with bigger boobs than her brain is not very attractive to me. My ideal woman would be one who's both good-looking AND intelligent, which is quite rare. Someone like Suzannah Lipscomb, with whom I'll be able to spend an evening talking intelligently about the Tudors or the hidden killers to be found in a Victorian home. You can't do that with most blondes.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Thank God.. :p

Perpetuating stereotypes, white older men as powerful, white women as sex objects.

Produced by a white girl so it can't be all bad. ;)

But what is interesting is how when this type of entertainment & social dancing was restricted to the ghetto, nobody objected about it. Once it emerged in suburban white society some folks found it objectionable. The entertainers themselves profit from it and many young people enjoy it without the slightest hint that they are being exploited or harmed in any way.

As for the video, it genuinely has good dancing and is well produced.

QuebecCanadian

Electoral Member
Apr 13, 2014
Produced by a white girl so it can't be all bad. ;)

But what is interesting is how when this type of entertainment & social dancing was restricted to the ghetto, nobody objected about it. Once it emerged in suburban white society some folks found it objectionable. The entertainers themselves profit from it and many young people enjoy it without the slightest hint that they are being exploited or harmed in any way.

As for the video, it genuinely has good dancing and is well produced.
I liked the first video. The second looked like it could have been a pole dancing class. Either way, great exercise.