British warned about 'logging'

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Hotel threatens guests over ‘logging’ craze

A hotel has been forced to send out a letter to its British guests threatening £1,400 fines for anyone caught ‘logging’ in swimming pools while on holiday.

The owners claim participants are deliberately logging in their crowded pools before ‘watching the carnage unfold around them’.

The letter, sent by First Choice hotel Egyptian Red Sea Holiday Village, said they were being overwhelmed by the number of ‘logging’ cases recently.

Hotel threatens guests over 'logging' craze no one even knew about (deliberately pooing in the pool) | Metro News

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
There should be a comma after "Guests".

There should be a comma after "consequence". When "However....", "As a result....", "Consequently...." or some other such term starts a sentence, it should be followed by a comma.

There should be a full stop after the word "situation". "However" should start with a capital letter as it should be the start of a new sentence.

"Behavior" should be spelt "behaviour".

Another full stop should be placed after "disgraceful" and "therefore" should start with a capital letter as it should be the start of a new sentence.

The part of the sentence that reads "together with their families" should have a comma at either end.

There should be a comma after "this".

"Honor" should be spelt "honour".

As the letter does not address the recipients by name it should end "Yours faithfully" rather than "Yours sincerely". "Yours sincerely" is only used when the recipient(s) is/are addressed by name.

Sadly, this is a result of 13 years of Labour Government between 1997 and 2010 and modern left wing teachers not bothering to teach pupils proper grammar because those teachers believe that knowing proper grammar is not important. As a result, Britain went from fourth in the world for literacy in 1997 (when I left secondary school, so I'm better educated) to 22nd in the world in 2013. Modern left wing teaching methods is leaving us all illiterate and that letter is a perfect example of this.

Last edited:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Yes, British Grammar has been degraded but I'm cheered to see a sense of humour emanating from Britain..........

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Yes, British Grammar has been degraded but I'm cheered to see a sense of humour emanating from Britain..........

Canada is no different. Much of the grammar on this forum is atrocious.