A brave journalist infiltrates the most terrifying place on earth: Brony-con

Locutus
via Fark:

https://twitter.com/fark/status/498463802786975744 (external - login to view)

The Bros Who Love My Little Pony

A dispatch from this year's BronyCon, a convention for mostly adult male fans of the show

The college-age guy sitting next to me is wearing pink pony ears, a My Little Pony t-shirt, and pink, felt tail pinned to his jeans.

He’s not alone. At BronyCon, a three-day convention held last week in Baltimore for mostly adult fans of My Little Pony, many of the 9,607 attendees are male—and in costume. Some wear wigs. Many sport felt ears. Others dress in My Little Pony t-shirts decorated with a few pony-themed buttons. Among them are a few teenage and college girls, mostly wearing hand-sewn outfits.

People may assume that most fans of the My Little Pony television show are young girls, but that’s not necessarily true. Back in 2011, “Brony”—a combination of the word bro and pony—was coined in a discussion on a 4Chan message board online. Now, the subculture has an estimated 8 to 12 million fans. In 2013, an unaffiliated, unpublished online survey of over 50,000 Bronies found that 85 percent are male (external - login to view). Their average age is 21.

more

Fark.com | A brave journalist infiltrates the most terrifying place on earth: Brony-con (external - login to view)

darkbeaver
Now there's a collection/herd of useless eaters.