Pretty wicked weather out west eh?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Peter QuinlanVerified account ‏@PQuinlanGlobal

Tornado Warning update: Radar indicating possible tornado now 15km south of Eatonia between hwys 21 & 649. #skstorm

CTV - David Spence ‏@CTVdavidspence

TORNADO WATCH (dark red) Bassano, Brooks, Lomond, Vulcan. Yellow = Severe t-storm warning. #abstorm #yyc #Calgary

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The thunder roared, the lightning crashed
The whole damn world was shakin'
The little pig stuck up his tail
and ran to save his bacon.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Calgary and water, is it the Stampede time already? Giddy-up or is that Ahoy Matey. This system usually does some weird things once it meets the GOM air.
If you could build something that would sail through a twister and keep the rider safe would people try it out?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Storm suppression teams get to most storms before they get too massive and hit cities with hail or twisters. Amazing stuff.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
We had similar weather here today, hail, near tropoical downpours, some sun, and now it's cold and wet
So basically a normal day. The Eastern US doesn't handle fast downpours very well let along how the wind messes things up. I still can't understand why underground isn't more popular. Even 6ft down would allow a dirt berm to surround the basement or ground floor and the roof could be designed. Trailer parks could have some shallow root cellars and the trailer can be swept away while the people are safe from a cat 5 storm.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
My basement flooded again tonight. Already had the floor jack-hammered
out, and the backwater valve purchased, and the old gateway valve exposed,
but hadn't sawsalled out the out one to install the new one yet.

That WAS to have been one of tomorrow's (today now technically) projects.
'Bout 4" again. Got it under control and mostly drained, and now will shopvac
'till morning, and then disinfect (again), and then dry the place out (again).....

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I probably couldn't have written that without a bunch of asterisks Ron. That just sucks.

On the up side, at least it wasn't one of those sharknado things. Too far inland I think. ;-)