US imposes new round of sanctions on Russia over Ukraine

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
US imposes new round of sanctions on Russia over Ukraine

The United States on Tuesday imposed further sanctions on the Russian Federation due to accusations concerning the Kremlin’s alleged ongoing involvement in the escalating crisis in Ukraine.

The US Department of the Treasury has placed new sanctions on three major Russian financial institutions: the Bank of Moscow, the Russian Agricultural Bank and VTB Bank OAO.

Source: http://rt.com/usa/176516-bank-moscow-financial-sanctions/

Big Deal!! Russia will start trading with China, Iran and India... or maybe this will push Russia, China and Iran to remove the US dollar as the world currency for oil.. thus killing the US economy.

Russia Holds "De-Dollarization Meeting": China, Iran Willing To Drop USD From Bilateral Trade

China-Russia currency agreement further threatens U.S. dollar

India and China Dump US Dollar for GOLD in Iranian Oil Purchases - YouTube

Canadian billionaire businessman Ned Goodman predicts the end of the U.S. Dollar as the world's reserve currency. He says the transition out of the U.S. Dollar will become, "...quite ugly." He delivered the lecture at Cambridge House's Toronto Resource Investment Conference 2013 on Thursday, September 12, 2013.

Canadian billionaire predicts end of US Dollar as world's reserve currency - Ned Goodman lecture - YouTube

China Hoarding Gold Before U.S. Dollar Collapse - YouTube

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Well you certainly took all the surprise out of the future.
Allowing for some speculation Alberta might make out quite well in a recovery after a collapse if sanity prevails. If not the a civil war between 400M people is going to be bloody and still take some time. Again Alberta might be a good place to be because the foothills are empty of people and if you haven't been there you will get lost and die before you figure it out. That being said there is a rail line running right through the middle of it so getting heavy stuff in during construction.

North America should be making the same deals with Central and South America as China and Russia just made in the last few weeks. With that market being closed to North America (and who can blame them when the last 50 years is looked at) that would leave Canada and the US to be the isolationists and if you think there are a lot of kids at the border now wait till the US is in freefall and the kids are trying to get out of the US.
The landmass can support 600M without any real strain. Keeping millions of people in the cold north when they are unemployed should have them travel south for the cold months and go north when the fields are green. The paths they use would be the ones that ship the produce and raw materials south to support the large crowds that are 'relaxing'.
Or do what the Social Credit did after WWII, they cancelled all personal bank loans and they were the Govt for the next 20 years by that move alone. In that 20 years the banks got paid under the table and probably a bonus to boot.

Russia can survive zero growth and her people just survived a collapse. Raw materials retain their value in the ground. Russia can feed her own people even if the staple food is potato wine that doesn't freeze in the cold. Put a siege on Russia and it is Europe who sees the economy take a tumble with may people becoming work-less and homeless. Putin only has to sit back (sorry did I say Snowden?) and watch events using the capability their military has. Russia is defensive, all her systems are meant to work together in a defensive position. They would need 20 years to retool to before somebody who fight wars anyplace on the globe. Moscow is a fortress, nobody is going to put it out of commission.
The coup is already collapsing and I wonder why the PM suddenly got cold feet. When that happened in Syria it was the opposition bailing out on being able to stand trial for war crimes as the event not mentioned was that big air/fuel bomb by Damascus that killed around 100 civilians. Kiev might be corrupt and greedy but I doubt they are into the types of activities that the Saudis would think twice about using. Trouble makers would be put on a ship that sails over the horizon and when it comes back they are no longer there.

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
The USA getting involved with sanctions is reckless intervention in a region of the world they do not belong.

Reckless would be to invade a sovereign nation based on cooked up intel.

Sanctions are not reckless.

Guess you think the people who died in that plane were at fault for buying their ticket.

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
Lol!

I have heard about the demise of the US dollar for years yet it's the worlds largest economy and driver of other economies.

But yeah, the sky is always falling somewhere for some.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Obama is a closet Atheist if anything.

How refreshing.

I don't know????

Obama’s quotes on Islam:

1. “The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam”

2. “The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer”

3. “We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over the centuries to shape the world — including in my own country.”

4. “As a student of history, I also know civilization’s debt to Islam.”

5. “Islam has a proud tradition of tolerance.”

6. “Islam has always been part of America”

7. “we will encourage more Americans to study in Muslim communities”

8. “These rituals remind us of the principles that we hold in common, and Islam’s role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance, and the dignity of all human beings.”

9. “America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.”

10. “I made it clear that America is not – and will never be – at war with Islam.”

11. “Islam is not part of the problem in combating violent extremism – it is an important part of promoting peace.”

12. “So I have known Islam on three continents before coming to the region where it was first revealed”

13. “In ancient times and in our times, Muslim communities have been at the forefront of innovation and education.”

14. “Throughout history, Islam has demonstrated through words and deeds the possibilities of religious tolerance and racial equality.”

15. “Ramadan is a celebration of a faith known for great diversity and racial equality”

16. “The Holy Koran tells us, ‘O mankind! We have created you male and a female; and we have made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another.’”

17. “I look forward to hosting an Iftar dinner celebrating Ramadan here at the White House later this week, and wish you a blessed month.”

18. “We’ve seen those results in generations of Muslim immigrants – farmers and factory workers, helping to lay the railroads and build our cities, the Muslim innovators who helped build some of our highest skyscrapers and who helped unlock the secrets of our universe.”

19. “That experience guides my conviction that partnership between America and Islam must be based on what Islam is, not what it isn’t. And I consider it part of my responsibility as president of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear.”

20. “I also know that Islam has always been a part of America’s story.”

Now, let’s compare those quotes to what he has said about Christianity:

1. “Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation”

2. “We do not consider ourselves a Christian nation.”

3. “Which passages of scripture should guide our public policy? Should we go with Leviticus, which suggests slavery is OK and that eating shellfish is an abomination? Or we could go with Deuteronomy, which suggests stoning your child if he strays from the faith?”

4. “Even those who claim the Bible’s inerrancy make distinctions between Scriptural edicts, sensing that some passages – the Ten Commandments, say, or a belief in Christ’s divinity – are central to Christian faith, while others are more culturally specific and may be modified to accommodate modern life.”

5. “The American people intuitively understand this, which is why the majority of Catholics practice birth control and some of those opposed to gay marriage nevertheless are opposed to a Constitutional amendment to ban it. Religious leadership need not accept such wisdom in counseling their flocks, but they should recognize this wisdom in their politics.”

6. From Obama’s book, The Audacity of Hope: “I am not willing to have the state deny American citizens a civil union that confers equivalent rights on such basic matters as hospital visitation or health insurance coverage simply because the people they love are of the same sex—nor am I willing to accept a reading of the Bible that considers an obscure line in Romans to be more defining of Christianity than the Sermon on the Mount.”

7. Obama’s response when asked what his definition of sin is: “Being out of alignment with my values.”

8. “If all it took was someone proclaiming I believe Jesus Christ and that he died for my sins, and that was all there was to it, people wouldn’t have to keep coming to church, would they.”

9. “This is something that I’m sure I’d have serious debates with my fellow Christians about. I think that the difficult thing about any religion, including Christianity, is that at some level there is a call to evangelize and prostelytize. There’s the belief, certainly in some quarters, that people haven’t embraced Jesus Christ as their personal savior that they’re going to hell.”

10. “I find it hard to believe that my God would consign four-fifths of the world to hell. I can’t imagine that my God would allow some little Hindu kid in India who never interacts with the Christian faith to somehow burn for all eternity. That’s just not part of my religious makeup.”

11. “I don’t presume to have knowledge of what happens after I die. But I feel very strongly that whether the reward is in the here and now or in the hereafter, the aligning myself to my faith and my values is a good thing.”

12. “I’ve said this before, and I know this raises questions in the minds of some evangelicals. I do not believe that my mother, who never formally embraced Christianity as far as I know … I do not believe she went to hell.”

13. “Those opposed to abortion cannot simply invoke God’s will–they have to explain why abortion violates some principle that is accessible to people of all faiths.”

14. On his support for civil unions for gay couples: “If people find that controversial then I would just refer them to the Sermon on the Mount.”

15. “You got into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”

16. “In our household, the Bible, the Koran and the Bhagavad Gita sat on the shelf alongside books of Greek and Norse and African mythology”

17. “On Easter or Christmas Day, my mother might drag me to church, just as she dragged me to the Buddhist temple, the Chinese New Year celebration, the Shinto shrine, and ancient Hawaiian burial sites.”

18. “We have Jews, Muslims, Hindus, atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, and their own path to grace is one that we have to revere and respect as much as our own”

19. “All of us have a responsibility to work for the day when the mothers of Israelis and Palestinians can see their children grow up without fear; when the Holy Land of the three great faiths is the place of peace that God intended it to be; when Jerusalem is a secure and lasting home for Jews and Christians and Muslims, and a place for all of the children of Abraham to mingle peacefully together as in the story of Isra— (applause) — as in the story of Isra, when Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed, peace be upon them, joined in prayer. (Applause.)”

20. “I believe that there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people.”

Obama: Muslims have built the very fabric of our nation. Such as?

Obama Admits He Is A Muslim - YouTube

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
I'm a Christian by choice. My family didn't – frankly, they weren't folks who went to church every week. And my mother was one of the most spiritual people I knew, but she didn't raise me in the church. So I came to my Christian faith later in life, and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead – being my brothers' and sisters' keeper, treating others as they would treat me. I think also understanding that Jesus Christ dying for my sins spoke to the humility we all have to have as human beings, that we're sinful and we're flawed and we make mistakes, and that we achieve salvation through the grace of God. But what we can do, as flawed as we are, is still see God in other people and do our best to help them find their own grace. That's what I strive to do. That's what I pray to do every day. I think my public service is part of that effort to express my Christian faith.
— President Barack Obama, September 27, 2010[30][31]

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
In Chapter 6 of the book, titled "Faith," Obama writes that he "was not raised in a religious household." He describes his mother, raised by non-religious parents, as detached from religion, yet "in many ways the most spiritually awakened person that I have ever known." He describes his Kenyan father as "raised a Muslim," but a "confirmed atheist" by the time his parents met, and his Indonesian stepfather as "a man who saw religion as not particularly useful." The chapter details how Obama, in his twenties, while working with local churches as a community organizer, came to understand "the power of the African American religious tradition to spur social change." Obama writes: "It was because of these newfound understandings—that religious commitment did not require me to suspend critical thinking, disengage from the battle for economic and social justice, or otherwise retreat from the world that I knew and loved—that I was finally able to walk down the aisle of Trinity United Church of Christ one day and be baptized." He has been a member of Trinity United Church of Christ for over twenty years.

He's a politician, but I still believe he does not partake in any grand fairytale.

McCain Tells Crowd Obama is Not Arab - YouTube

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
In Chapter 6 of the book, titled "Faith," Obama writes that he "was not raised in a religious household." He describes his mother, raised by non-religious parents, as detached from religion, yet "in many ways the most spiritually awakened person that I have ever known." He describes his Kenyan father as "raised a Muslim," but a "confirmed atheist" by the time his parents met, and his Indonesian stepfather as "a man who saw religion as not particularly useful." The chapter details how Obama, in his twenties, while working with local churches as a community organizer, came to understand "the power of the African American religious tradition to spur social change." Obama writes: "It was because of these newfound understandings—that religious commitment did not require me to suspend critical thinking, disengage from the battle for economic and social justice, or otherwise retreat from the world that I knew and loved—that I was finally able to walk down the aisle of Trinity United Church of Christ one day and be baptized." He has been a member of Trinity United Church of Christ for over twenty years.

He's a politician, but I still believe he does not partake in any grand fairytale.

McCain Tells Crowd Obama is Not Arab - YouTube

A small child follows the religion of whichever of his parents is Muslim - islamqa.info

McCain smell like Bengay, he is past his prime. A talking head, closet Liberal... who married well.