ON licence plates falling apart

Walter
I've noticed ON licence plates are flaking off their numbers and letters. It's only on newer plates with the letter B and 3 more letters and then 3 numbers. Has anyone heard why this is happening?

Corduroy
+4
#2  Top Rated Post
The left's silence on this topic is DEAFENING.

JLM
The same thing happened in B.C. years ago. In those days the plates were made in the prison (probably Okalla or B.C. Penitentiary) and a bunch of the boys decided it would be a good thing is they got together and pissed in the paint bucket!

Sal
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

I've noticed ON licence plates are flaking off their numbers and letters. It's only on newer plates with the letter B and 3 more letters and then 3 numbers. Has anyone heard why this is happening?

that is strange...I've an old one, a bit beaten up but still good to go...kinda like me

Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

The left's silence on this topic is DEAFENING.

no worries, I'm here now...lol

Tonington
Egan: Why are Ontario plates a licence to peel (external - login to view)

"According to a published account, the plates are made in a five-step process beginning with a roll of aluminum. A laminate of some kind is glued to the metal, then letters and numbers are punched out in a press.

The province wanted to eliminate solvent-based inks, so it moved to a new process in 2005 that involves a “thermal transfer foil.” It’s okay. I don’t understand it either."

Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

The same thing happened in B.C. years ago. In those days the plates were made in the prison (probably Okalla or B.C. Penitentiary) and a bunch of the boys decided it would be a good thing is they got together and pissed in the paint bucket!

The Ontario plates are made in a prison as well.

Corduroy

It's so hard to coerce good help these days.
Last edited by Corduroy; Jul 11th, 2014 at 03:57 PM..

eh1eh
+1

Maybe they should make them in China. Save money right?

Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

that is strange...I've an old one, a bit beaten up but still good to go...kinda like me

no worries, I'm here now...lol

lol. You said you're good to go. Kinda hot.

Walter

As I said in the OP the older plates are fine. I'm just noticing it on the newer plates.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Maybe they should make them in China. Save money right?

and yield a better albeit radioactive product...hehe
Quote:

lol. You said you're good to go. Kinda hot .

I already told Captain Morgan today in another thread, I ain't doing a bikini selfie, too scary for views...horror show...lol...

tay

Has anyone heard why this is happening?

No.....

Corduroy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

no.....

What?

JLM

and yield a better albeit radioactive product...hehe
I already told Captain Morgan today in another thread, I ain't doing a bikini selfie, too scary for views...horror show...lol...

You could P.M. one! -

petros
I'll do one.

Nuggler
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

I'll do one.

sick bastard

WLDB
+1

Ha. If I were among them I probably would have went along with that idea.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

I'll do one.

I'm sure it would be nice, but I'll pass. -

Walter
Saw these 2 examples on my walks today.

JLM

Saw these 2 examples on my walks today.

They are a little vague.

IdRatherBeSkiing