ON licence plates falling apart

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I've noticed ON licence plates are flaking off their numbers and letters. It's only on newer plates with the letter B and 3 more letters and then 3 numbers. Has anyone heard why this is happening?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The same thing happened in B.C. years ago. In those days the plates were made in the prison (probably Okalla or B.C. Penitentiary) and a bunch of the boys decided it would be a good thing is they got together and pissed in the paint bucket!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I've noticed ON licence plates are flaking off their numbers and letters. It's only on newer plates with the letter B and 3 more letters and then 3 numbers. Has anyone heard why this is happening?
that is strange...I've an old one, a bit beaten up but still good to go...kinda like me

The left's silence on this topic is DEAFENING.

no worries, I'm here now...lol

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Egan: Why are Ontario plates a licence to peel

"According to a published account, the plates are made in a five-step process beginning with a roll of aluminum. A laminate of some kind is glued to the metal, then letters and numbers are punched out in a press.

The province wanted to eliminate solvent-based inks, so it moved to a new process in 2005 that involves a “thermal transfer foil.” It’s okay. I don’t understand it either."

The same thing happened in B.C. years ago. In those days the plates were made in the prison (probably Okalla or B.C. Penitentiary) and a bunch of the boys decided it would be a good thing is they got together and pissed in the paint bucket!

The Ontario plates are made in a prison as well.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC

It's so hard to coerce good help these days.

Last edited:

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm

Maybe they should make them in China. Save money right?

that is strange...I've an old one, a bit beaten up but still good to go...kinda like me

no worries, I'm here now...lol

lol. You said you're good to go. Kinda hot.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
As I said in the OP the older plates are fine. I'm just noticing it on the newer plates.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Maybe they should make them in China. Save money right?
and yield a better albeit radioactive product...hehe
lol. You said you're good to go. Kinda hot .
I already told Captain Morgan today in another thread, I ain't doing a bikini selfie, too scary for views...horror show...lol...

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
and yield a better albeit radioactive product...hehe
I already told Captain Morgan today in another thread, I ain't doing a bikini selfie, too scary for views...horror show...lol...

You could P.M. one! -:)

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

Ha. If I were among them I probably would have went along with that idea.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Saw these 2 examples on my walks today.