Summer 2014

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
yeah but only minimally and at night to rid the place of humidity...

right now it's 25° with a humidex of 32° which is fine during the day, but I find it hard to sleep in...for the most part our temps at night have been like fall but it's a wet cold at night

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
uh, to clarify: I've only used A/C in my car. We don't have it in our house because we are fortunte enough that in the summer the sun does not come in the windows. Only in spring and fall.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So far the warmest it has gotten inside the house was 24.6C at 52%. It doesn't justify AC . I'd love to feel some heat.

yeah but only minimally and at night to rid the place of humidity...

right now it's 25° with a humidex of 32° which is fine during the day, but I find it hard to sleep in...for the most part our temps at night have been like fall but it's a wet cold at night

Lucky you. It's 20C with a humi**** of 23C

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
According to the weathernetwork here it's 27 degrees but feels like 30. 57% humidity. Where do you find out the humidex?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
"Feels like" is the humidex.

ah, thanks! good to know.

BRING ON THE HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looking at a stellar week of hot hot hot. 5:00am this morning, out walking the dogs in a t-shirt (and pants) and was warm.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
ah, thanks! good to know.

BRING ON THE HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looking at a stellar week of hot hot hot. 5:00am this morning, out walking the dogs in a t-shirt (and pants) and was warm.
b*tch ya beat me...:p by an hour

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Have you used your AC yet?

Aggressively. Humidity has been bad, although we've had a few storms to cool things off, but I have a large 15 foot western facing window. It can rain all day but the sun always seems to shine when it's going down and it makes my living room feel like an oven.

Awesome in the wintertime though.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
No AC or dehumidifier here. Just a fan. I'm not used to this cold summer sh-t. It sucks raw moose d¡ck.
meh I like the weather...super nice breeze blowing through here right now, I have the kitchen ceiling fan spinning, even with a 32° humidex it's fine

but that's ONLY because it cools off at night

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I remember when we had a couple of 40 degree days a couple of years ago and just walking made you sweat. Slept in the birthday suit and no blanket, no sheet even. It was heavenly. I was walking the dogs before work 6:00am and it was hot already.

I love it when it's too hot to do anything. It's the only time I can slow down enough to do nothing and be ok with it. Its like valium or opium...without the negative side effects.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I remember when we had a couple of 40 degree days a couple of years ago and just walking made you sweat. Slept in the birthday suit and no blanket, no sheet even. It was heavenly. I was walking the dogs before work 6:00am and it was hot already.

I love it when it's too hot to do anything. It's the only time I can slow down enough to do nothing and be ok with it. Its like valium or opium...without the negative side effects.
What ? no strolls in that suit?