Summer 2014

petros
Have you used your AC yet?

Twila
Yep.

Sal
yeah but only minimally and at night to rid the place of humidity...

right now it's 25░ with a humidex of 32░ which is fine during the day, but I find it hard to sleep in...for the most part our temps at night have been like fall but it's a wet cold at night

Twila
+1
uh, to clarify: I've only used A/C in my car. We don't have it in our house because we are fortunte enough that in the summer the sun does not come in the windows. Only in spring and fall.

petros
So far the warmest it has gotten inside the house was 24.6C at 52%. It doesn't justify AC . I'd love to feel some heat.

Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

yeah but only minimally and at night to rid the place of humidity...

right now it's 25░ with a humidex of 32░ which is fine during the day, but I find it hard to sleep in...for the most part our temps at night have been like fall but it's a wet cold at night

Lucky you. It's 20C with a humi**** of 23C

Twila
According to the weathernetwork here it's 27 degrees but feels like 30. 57% humidity. Where do you find out the humidex?

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

According to the weathernetwork here it's 27 degrees but feels like 30. 57% humidity. Where do you find out the humidex?

"Feels like" is the humidex.

Twila
+2
#8  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

"Feels like" is the humidex.

ah, thanks! good to know.

BRING ON THE HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looking at a stellar week of hot hot hot. 5:00am this morning, out walking the dogs in a t-shirt (and pants) and was warm.

Sal

ah, thanks! good to know.

BRING ON THE HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looking at a stellar week of hot hot hot. 5:00am this morning, out walking the dogs in a t-shirt (and pants) and was warm.

b*tch ya beat me... by an hour

petros
I got up to pee at 6 and it was chilly.

Sal

I got up to pee at 6 and it was chilly.

it's been a bizarre summer temp wise

Said1
couple of times a lot less than I would have thought, tho

petros

it's been a bizarre summer temp wise

3 days that have cracked 30C so far. That just ain't right. It's going to make for one bitch of a winter again.

SLM

Have you used your AC yet?

Aggressively. Humidity has been bad, although we've had a few storms to cool things off, but I have a large 15 foot western facing window. It can rain all day but the sun always seems to shine when it's going down and it makes my living room feel like an oven.

Awesome in the wintertime though.

petros
No AC or dehumidifier here. Just a fan. I'm not used to this cold summer sh-t. It sucks raw moose díck.

Sal

3 days that have cracked 30C so far. That just ain't right. It's going to make for one bitch of a winter again.

yeah it is...

petros
Is 45% considered muggy? We made room temperature today. All the way to 23C.

Sal

No AC or dehumidifier here. Just a fan. I'm not used to this cold summer sh-t. It sucks raw moose díck.

meh I like the weather...super nice breeze blowing through here right now, I have the kitchen ceiling fan spinning, even with a 32░ humidex it's fine

but that's ONLY because it cools off at night

Twila
I remember when we had a couple of 40 degree days a couple of years ago and just walking made you sweat. Slept in the birthday suit and no blanket, no sheet even. It was heavenly. I was walking the dogs before work 6:00am and it was hot already.

I love it when it's too hot to do anything. It's the only time I can slow down enough to do nothing and be ok with it. Its like valium or opium...without the negative side effects.

El Barto

I remember when we had a couple of 40 degree days a couple of years ago and just walking made you sweat. Slept in the birthday suit and no blanket, no sheet even. It was heavenly. I was walking the dogs before work 6:00am and it was hot already.

I love it when it's too hot to do anything. It's the only time I can slow down enough to do nothing and be ok with it. Its like valium or opium...without the negative side effects.

What ? no strolls in that suit?

petros
+1
I like sleeping in the heat. Siestas especially.

Sal
+1

omgosh, I HATE it...sitting on the couch with no air on and skin touches other skin and it waters like one is leaking

I feel trapped inside...air on in unit, out to the hot hall, and it feels like hitting a wall of water...it is so sweltering the air feels like molasses, I almost panic in that kind of heat...and it goes on, and on, and on...that was the worst summer EVER... it was worse than winter because in the winter you can bundle up and do things outside but that...meh

come east... I promise you heat...

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

What ? no strolls in that suit?

no, cause for some stupid reason it's illegal. sheesh! who makes these ridiculous laws! lol

I like sleeping in the heat. Siestas especially.

I love that weird between awake and sleep state one can get when it's super hot and there's nothing to do but nap...

El Barto
+1

no, cause for some stupid reason it's illegal. sheesh! who makes these ridiculous laws! lol

I love that weird between awake and sleep state one can get when it's super hot and there's nothing to do but nap...

Hmm so that was the only thing stopping you?

Sal

it's called death cross-over cause one is so near to dying, it's like being fried alive

Hmm so that was the only thing stopping you?

I note you are not in less interested in how Petros sleeps in the heat...

petros
+1

I note you are not in less interested in how Petros sleeps in the heat...

I'll never tell that I sleep in my gonch. Ever.

El Barto
+2
hmm that's odd and yet petros is not on ignore ... I don't know Sal you have me stumped.

hey Sal ,when it is hot do you feel like Salsa?

Sal

hey Sal ,when it is hot do you feel like Salsa?

depends who is around

petros
+2
Ay caramba!