Cell phone and Gasoline = bad mix

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Thanks for that Mr. Wolf. Betcha lots of folks besides me didn't know of that danger.

Even filling a car, something like this could happen.

On a smaller scale

Just enough to kill ya.

Scary.

Nanny state will soon make the law.

hopefully.

Just think..........people used to smoke while fueling.8O

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Really? Snopes has the following to say about it. I don't know one way or the other myself.

snopes.com: Cell Phone Use at Gas Pump

I know that gasoline is obviously highly combustible and anything that creates an electrical spark, even static, can potentially ignite it. Are cell phones really any more dangerous than just being charged statically? Like on your clothing for example.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Cell phones + Anything = bad mix I see people walking in heavy traffic with their eyes and their minds focused on the cell phones/I pods. It's a sickness.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Really? Snopes has the following to say about it. I don't know one way or the other myself.

I know that gasoline is obviously highly combustible and anything that creates an electrical spark, even static, can potentially ignite it. Are cell phones really any more dangerous than just being charged statically? Like on your clothing for example.
Buddy in the vid used his as a flashlight

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Buddy in the vid used his as a flashlight

Maybe it came into contact with something then? I'm not trying to downplay or debunk or anything, lol, really I'm not.(Although I do routinely run anything posted on Facebook through Snopes, lol) It's just not the greatest video for visuals.

But it got me to wondering about it. I know even an inadvertent spark, like static electricity, can potentially ignite a highly combustible substance like gasoline.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

ya beat me to it...I just went straight to Snopes

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Tell me about it. My wife gets this kind of a$$hat stuff from facebook too.
lately Facebook has started with bizarre ads and they are well set up...it appears to be a story or information but when you get further they are flogging a product

I don't know whether it's just me but lately I find browsing irritating...when I am trying to read an article it's difficult to tell where to click to advance the article because when it says next, next could actually be attached to 20 other things on the page and leads one astray. I know that is the purpose but when I am interested in what I am reading, I find it irritating.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
you especially don't want to rub that cell phone vigorously in you hair before you gas up too

jus'sayin'

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
you especially don't want to rub that cell phone vigorously in you hair before you gas up too

jus'sayin'
lmao....that was good!

would that cell phone stick to the wall then do ya think?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
lately Facebook has started with bizarre ads and they are well set up...it appears to be a story or information but when you get further they are flogging a product

I don't know whether it's just me but lately I find browsing irritating...when I am trying to read an article it's difficult to tell where to click to advance the article because when it says next, next could actually be attached to 20 other things on the page and leads one astray. I know that is the purpose but when I am interested in what I am reading, I find it irritating.

That's why I use it only for communicating with family and friends. Not entertainment.