Real Men

B00Mer
+1
#1


Nope...

A real girl carries her own bag, but a gentleman offers to help. They hold doors open for each other and are always grateful. They tell each how much they appreciated each other all of the time. They treat each other with respect and honor, and no women should expect it, if they cant return it!
 
WLDB
+4
#2
meh, to hell with gender roles. I never cared for them. Be nice regardless of gender. Thats that.
 
Blackleaf
#3
You try holding a door open for a woman nowadays and just see what abuse you get from her.

Although I've never understood why men open doors for women. Let women open bloody doors themselves. It's not blooming rocket science.
 
Sal
+4
#4
the bag thing was funny to me...we popped into pizza place for fast food at lunch last week

I threw my purse on his shoulder while I went to wash my hands...he didn't even turn in my direction to see what was up...came back and there he was in line with my purse held all nice and tightly just like I would

NOthing bothers this guy...

Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

You try holding a door open for a woman nowadays and just see what abuse you get from her.

Although I've never understood why men open doors for women. Let women open bloody doors themselves. It's not blooming rocket science.

it seems to be rocket science for some...

here's how we go through doors...who ever gets to the door first grabs it and opens it, the other walks through first...if there is a double set of doors, first one through opens the next door for the other

it's really simple...rules of common courtesy apply

gender has nothing to do with it

same with bag carrying...since a guy of equal size has 8 times the upper body strength, it would be polite to carry the heavy bag
my guy does think I am beautiful because to him I am...it is nice to know that...after a over a decade he still notices and comments on my outfit, my hair, my shoes... and I do the same for him
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+6
#5  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

You try holding a door open for a woman nowadays and just see what abuse you get from her.

Although I've never understood why men open doors for women. Let women open bloody doors themselves. It's not blooming rocket science.

I hold doors open for whomever is behind me -- male or female. I have never had any complaints just sometimes a thank you. Perhaps it has to do with you or your attitude?
 
grumpydigger
#6
Real men try to sneak their farts
and try to keep the *** splatter to a bare minimum.

It's only common courtesy
 
B00Mer
+1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

I hold doors open for whomever is behind me -- male or female. I have never had any complaints just sometimes a thank you. Perhaps it has to do with you or your attitude?


...and it can be a challenge at times too...

 
SLM
+2
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

I hold doors open for whomever is behind me -- male or female. I have never had any complaints just sometimes a thank you. Perhaps it has to do with you or your attitude?

Geez, do ya think?

Lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

...and it can be a challenge at times too...

Okay now, I recognize this one. What you're seeing is not gallantry, this is "for God's sake, hurry up, we need to get back in time for the game".
 
Corduroy
+1
#9
Real men identify as men. All other behaviour is extraneous.

Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

You try holding a door open for a woman nowadays and just see what abuse you get from her.

 
Tecumsehsbones
+3
#10
The Lesbian Feminist Guerrila Alliance is after Blackleaf again.
 
Sal
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

The Lesbian Feminist Guerrila Alliance is after Blackleaf again.

it's only fair eh
 
SLM
+2
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

The Lesbian Feminist Guerrila Alliance is after Blackleaf again.

Can you blame them?
 
Twila
+1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

The Lesbian Feminist Guerrila Alliance is after Blackleaf again.

You know, you're just adding to his over inflated sense of self importance.
 
BaalsTears
+1
#14
Women in the West don't really need men.
 
SLM
+1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTearsView Post

Women in the West don't really need men.

Would you rather be needed or wanted?
 
Spade
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by grumpydiggerView Post

Real men try to sneak their farts
and try to keep the *** splatter to a bare minimum.

It's only common courtesy

Or wait until the loud dance music starts.
 
SLM
+1
#17
 
Tecumsehsbones
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

You know, you're just adding to his over inflated sense of self importance.

That'd be like increasing the size of the universe.
 
damngrumpy
+5
#19
I;ve been around a long time and I still hold doors open for my wife and daughters and
even grand daughters I pull a chair out for them at a restaurant and yes I have stood
in line holding a purse in one case three purses.
It comes down to this, how comfortable are you with yourself. A real man is comfortable
in his own skin to start with. If you are none of these things even come to mind whether
or not it looks silly.
Recently I had a business meeting with some Board members of our company this company
is owned by our organization and we are discussing fair sums of money. When they arrived
at my house I excused myself for another five or ten minutes the reason I was interacting in
an imaginary tea party with my four year old great grand daughter and we were not finished our
play. Real men know what is important and don't dismiss such activities cause that's business.
Think of this someday the business and being President of a Provincial Association will all be
gone and the point of real value is the quality time I spend with that little girl and all the other
women in our family. A real man gets that..
 
Sal
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

I;ve been around a long time and I still hold doors open for my wife and daughters and
even grand daughters I pull a chair out for them at a restaurant and yes I have stood
in line holding a purse in one case three purses.
It comes down to this, how comfortable are you with yourself. A real man is comfortable
in his own skin to start with. If you are none of these things even come to mind whether
or not it looks silly.
Recently I had a business meeting with some Board members of our company this company
is owned by our organization and we are discussing fair sums of money. When they arrived
at my house I excused myself for another five or ten minutes the reason I was interacting in
an imaginary tea party with my four year old great grand daughter and we were not finished our
play. Real men know what is important and don't dismiss such activities cause that's business.
Think of this someday the business and being President of a Provincial Association will all be
gone and the point of real value is the quality time I spend with that little girl and all the other
women in our family. A real man gets that..

right on bud♦

the only thing I would change is...a real person gets that
 
gerryh
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

.a real person gets that


Ya, because saying "a real man" get's that makes one a hedonist.
 
damngrumpy
#22
I just responded to the title of the thread wouldn't want to stray off topic would we
 
Sal
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Ya, because saying "a real man" get's that makes one a hedonist.

hey gerr you're back and on a tear as usual...assuming and accusing ..your main M.O.

keep following me, ya get to look at my great azz and stay where you belong...behind me or below, don't know why you keep choosing that but hey, it's all good

that's why you can never win a debate gerr...it's all about YOU ... Mr. Ego...

what's it like to lose on every argument you make...

wanna share gerr...you'll feel better buddy...

see ya in the next thread with your next wrong assumption... can ya feel the love?
 
gerryh
#24
you have yet to prove me wrong.
 
Sal
+3
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

you have yet to prove me wrong.

don't need to, you are so seldom right bud... it's never about the topic with you, only about your ego and who you deem as less than you...
it's your sole approach to a topic...everyone is an idiot except for those who you deem 'good enough' to pass your test and I have even seen you take a run at a few of them in a personal way...they don't take you on, they ignore you

not even sure what that's about but from a psychological perspective I can make a fairly accurate guess

as soon as you get personal...you lose bud...that's the way it works

you are your choices.

you are the way you present
 
gerryh
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

don't need to, you are so seldom right bud... it's never about the topic with you, only about your ego and who you deem as less than you...
it's your sole approach to a topic...everyone is an idiot except for those who you deem 'good enough' to pass your test and I have even seen you take a run at a few of them in a personal way...they don't take you on, they ignore you

not even sure what that's about but from a psychological perspective I can make a fairly accurate guess

as soon as you get personal...you lose bud...that's the way it works

you are your choices.

you are the way you present

That's it, make it about me.
What ever makes you feel good about yourself.
 
Sal
+2
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

That's it, make it about me.
What ever makes you feel good about yourself.

don't need to make it about you bud, you make it about you when your sole method of debate is intimidation, accusing everyone of being stupid/less than you (other than your select circle of course) and pretending you are all about saving human life...

what you are really all about is YOU; thus trying to make people feel less than you, intimidated by you

currently you are kinda like the forum bully *shrug* it's all good, because for me from a psychological perspective...it's fascinating...the whole group dynamics...fascinating

I would miss ya if ya left bud...lately you are my main source of entertainment

peace...out
 
gerryh
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

don't need to make it about you bud, you make it about you when your sole method of debate is intimidation, accusing everyone of being stupid/less than you (other than your select circle of course) and pretending you are all about saving human life...

what you are really all about is YOU; thus trying to make people feel less than you, intimidated by you

currently you are kinda like the forum bully *shrug* it's all good, because for me from a psychological perspective...it's fascinating...the whole group dynamics...fascinating

I would miss ya if ya left bud...lately you are my main source of entertainment

peace...out


shallow, I'll endevour to elaborate and explains things to you more.
 
Sal
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

shallow, I'll endevour to elaborate and explains things to you more.

shallow...see bud, you just prove it over and over and over

year after year after year...


let me give ya a tip you may not have picked up on yet ger...I can be wrong on a lot of issues...there isn't an area where I don't need to learn, expand and grow...I have no problem with that... but not you eh...you are top dog, a legend in your own mind...that's how you view yourself...so you have nowhere to go, but down

so I've already won

understanding human beings, what motivates them and what fells them is easy so you will never win there ger, not with me, never... because you are your own worst enemy...most are...that's what makes winning so easy

but carry on...you started this earlier today and I am fuking tireless in a psychological war......so keep jumping... you are doing all the work
 
gerryh
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

shallow...see bud, you just prove it over and over and over

year after year after year...


let me give ya a tip you may not have picked up on yet ger...I can be wrong on a lot of issues...there isn't an area where I don't need to learn, expand and grow...I have no problem with that... but not you eh...you are top dog, a legend in your own mind...that's how you view yourself...so you have nowhere to go, but down

so I've already won

understanding human beings, what motivates them and what fells them is easy so you will never win there ger, not with me, never... because you are your own worst enemy...most are...that's what makes winning so easy

but carry on...you started this earlier today and I am fuking tireless in a psychological war......so keep jumping... you are doing all the work


Yup, you ARE the winner. No doubt about it. I'm in WAY over my head.
 

Similar Threads

3
Where Have All the Real Men Gone?
by sanctus | Jan 31st, 2007
19
Is this for real?
by thulin | Feb 18th, 2006
9
This is for real.
by Ten Packs | Apr 7th, 2005
no new posts