Real Men

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Nope...

A real girl carries her own bag, but a gentleman offers to help. They hold doors open for each other and are always grateful. They tell each how much they appreciated each other all of the time. They treat each other with respect and honor, and no women should expect it, if they cant return it!

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
meh, to hell with gender roles. I never cared for them. Be nice regardless of gender. Thats that.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
You try holding a door open for a woman nowadays and just see what abuse you get from her.

Although I've never understood why men open doors for women. Let women open bloody doors themselves. It's not blooming rocket science.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
the bag thing was funny to me...we popped into pizza place for fast food at lunch last week

I threw my purse on his shoulder while I went to wash my hands...he didn't even turn in my direction to see what was up...came back and there he was in line with my purse held all nice and tightly just like I would

NOthing bothers this guy...

You try holding a door open for a woman nowadays and just see what abuse you get from her.

Although I've never understood why men open doors for women. Let women open bloody doors themselves. It's not blooming rocket science.
it seems to be rocket science for some...

here's how we go through doors...who ever gets to the door first grabs it and opens it, the other walks through first...if there is a double set of doors, first one through opens the next door for the other

it's really simple...rules of common courtesy apply

gender has nothing to do with it

same with bag carrying...since a guy of equal size has 8 times the upper body strength, it would be polite to carry the heavy bag
my guy does think I am beautiful because to him I am...it is nice to know that...after a over a decade he still notices and comments on my outfit, my hair, my shoes... and I do the same for him

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

I hold doors open for whomever is behind me -- male or female. I have never had any complaints just sometimes a thank you. Perhaps it has to do with you or your attitude?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I hold doors open for whomever is behind me -- male or female. I have never had any complaints just sometimes a thank you. Perhaps it has to do with you or your attitude?

Geez, do ya think?

Lol.

...and it can be a challenge at times too... ;)

Okay now, I recognize this one. What you're seeing is not gallantry, this is "for God's sake, hurry up, we need to get back in time for the game".

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I;ve been around a long time and I still hold doors open for my wife and daughters and
even grand daughters I pull a chair out for them at a restaurant and yes I have stood
in line holding a purse in one case three purses.
It comes down to this, how comfortable are you with yourself. A real man is comfortable
in his own skin to start with. If you are none of these things even come to mind whether
or not it looks silly.
Recently I had a business meeting with some Board members of our company this company
is owned by our organization and we are discussing fair sums of money. When they arrived
at my house I excused myself for another five or ten minutes the reason I was interacting in
an imaginary tea party with my four year old great grand daughter and we were not finished our
play. Real men know what is important and don't dismiss such activities cause that's business.
Think of this someday the business and being President of a Provincial Association will all be
gone and the point of real value is the quality time I spend with that little girl and all the other
women in our family. A real man gets that..

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I;ve been around a long time and I still hold doors open for my wife and daughters and
even grand daughters I pull a chair out for them at a restaurant and yes I have stood
in line holding a purse in one case three purses.
It comes down to this, how comfortable are you with yourself. A real man is comfortable
in his own skin to start with. If you are none of these things even come to mind whether
or not it looks silly.
Recently I had a business meeting with some Board members of our company this company
is owned by our organization and we are discussing fair sums of money. When they arrived
at my house I excused myself for another five or ten minutes the reason I was interacting in
an imaginary tea party with my four year old great grand daughter and we were not finished our
play. Real men know what is important and don't dismiss such activities cause that's business.
Think of this someday the business and being President of a Provincial Association will all be
gone and the point of real value is the quality time I spend with that little girl and all the other
women in our family. A real man gets that..
right on bud♦

the only thing I would change is...a real person gets that