Happy Memorial Day

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Happy Memorial Day..

While you're out at the beach or picnic, please remember what this holiday is all about..

There are families out there, with a missing loved one today...

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Happy Memorial Day..

While you're out at the beach or picnic, please remember what this holiday is all about..

There are families out there, with a missing loved one today...

and it's not like it came as a big surprise.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Oh ya, Remembrance day isn't enough for the americans, they need another day in the year to celebrate the deaths from war.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Apparently they do need one more day, but in the scheme of things its America
and as such they can celebrate anything they want. I say a respectful memorial
day

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Oh ya, Remembrance day isn't enough for the americans, they need another day in the year to celebrate the deaths from war.

Veterans Day is observed in the United States on 11 November, and is both a federal holiday and a state holiday in all states. However, the function of the observance elsewhere is more closely matched by Memorial in May.

Thanks for stopping by.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Well, how about you tell me when was the last time/times that americans have died to "protect american freedom".

Arguably 1814. Ish.

Considering Japan did attack american soil, I would say that that would have been the last time. Anything since, had nothing to do with protecting american freedom or democracy.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, how about you tell me when was the last time/times that americans have died to "protect american freedom".

Considering Japan did attack american soil, I would say that that would have been the last time. Anything since, had nothing to do with protecting american freedom or democracy.
Not really. The attack was no more an attempt to take away our "freedom and democracy" than 9/11 was. Less, if anything. Japan wanted to neutralise us as a power in the Pacific, not conquer us.

You might say 1865, but that was Americans on both sides, using the term loosely. Traitors are still Americans.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Not really. The attack was no more an attempt to take away our "freedom and democracy" than 9/11 was. Less, if anything. Japan wanted to neutralise us as a power in the Pacific, not conquer us.

You might say 1865, but that was Americans on both sides, using the term loosely. Traitors are still Americans.

The point is, "fighting and dieing for american's freedom and democracy is so much bullshyte.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

ask a question, then answer it... LOL OKAY :lol:

Some say the fight against communism in Vietnam and Korea was a fight for Freedom, and the to try and stop the spread of communism... otherwise you may be speaking Russian right now. just say'in.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
ask a question, then answer it... LOL OKAY :lol:

Some say the fight against communism in Vietnam and Korea was a fight for Freedom, and the to try and stop the spread of communism... otherwise you may be speaking Russian right now. just say'in.

ROFLMFAO....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....... Vietnam....kinda lost that one. Don't remember hearing about any commie viet cong slime balls attacking the u.s. mainland.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
ROFLMFAO....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....... Vietnam....kinda lost that one. Don't remember hearing about any commie viet cong slime balls attacking the u.s. mainland.
Well Ger why not show your ignorance against many of your fellow Canadians that Mr. Trudeau brought over after they lost the war .

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Well Ger why not show your ignorance against many of your fellow Canadians that Mr. Trudeau brought over after they lost the war .

Oh? You think I have any less contempt for the Canadian government and those Canadians that support war? Think again numbnuts. I'm an equal opportunity type of a$$hole.

Thing is, I've been told in no uncertain terms that I keep my opinion to myself during Remembrance day and Remembrance day threads. During that one time of year. This ain't that time of year.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Yeah, they are Americans Gerry, just think, in 7 months you can denigrate them for Xmas too!