Happy Memorial Day

B00Mer
+3
#1  Top Rated Post
Happy Memorial Day..

While you're out at the beach or picnic, please remember what this holiday is all about..

There are families out there, with a missing loved one today...

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Happy Memorial Day..

While you're out at the beach or picnic, please remember what this holiday is all about..

There are families out there, with a missing loved one today...

and it's not like it came as a big surprise.

Nuggler
+1
"Happy" Memorial Day..?

gerryh
+1
Oh ya, Remembrance day isn't enough for the americans, they need another day in the year to celebrate the deaths from war.

damngrumpy
Apparently they do need one more day, but in the scheme of things its America
and as such they can celebrate anything they want. I say a respectful memorial
day

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Oh ya, Remembrance day isn't enough for the americans, they need another day in the year to celebrate the deaths from war.

oh.. what's up dude, have a cup of coffee grouchy...

btw, I like your avatar while you're bitching about remembering the soldiers who fight to keep the USA free.

History of Memorial Day (external - login to view)

gerryh

oh.. what's up dude, have a cup of coffee grouchy...

btw, I like your avatar while you're bitching about remembering the soldiers who fight to keep the USA free.

History of Memorial Day (external - login to view)

I can't really remember the last time the americans would have done that. Not in my life time any ways.

B00Mer

I can't really remember the last time the americans would have done that. Not in my life time any ways.

Yup and we all know you walked with the dinosaurs so that's a long life time.

Rolling Thunder Rumbles Through Washington In Honor of Vets in DC (external - login to view)

Courtesy Of The Red White And Blue The Angry American - YouTube

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Arguably 1814. Ish.

EagleSmack
+1

Veterans Day is observed in the United States on 11 November, and is both a federal holiday and a state holiday in all states. However, the function of the observance elsewhere is more closely matched by Memorial in May.

Thanks for stopping by.

gerryh

Yup and we all know you walked with the dinosaurs so that's a long life time.

Rolling Thunder Rumbles Through Washington In Honor of Vets in DC (external - login to view)

Courtesy Of The Red White And Blue The Angry American - YouTube

Well, how about you tell me when was the last time/times that americans have died to "protect american freedom".

Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Arguably 1814. Ish.

Considering Japan did attack american soil, I would say that that would have been the last time. Anything since, had nothing to do with protecting american freedom or democracy.

Tecumsehsbones

Well, how about you tell me when was the last time/times that americans have died to "protect american freedom".

Considering Japan did attack american soil, I would say that that would have been the last time. Anything since, had nothing to do with protecting american freedom or democracy.

Not really. The attack was no more an attempt to take away our "freedom and democracy" than 9/11 was. Less, if anything. Japan wanted to neutralise us as a power in the Pacific, not conquer us.

You might say 1865, but that was Americans on both sides, using the term loosely. Traitors are still Americans.

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Not really. The attack was no more an attempt to take away our "freedom and democracy" than 9/11 was. Less, if anything. Japan wanted to neutralise us as a power in the Pacific, not conquer us.

You might say 1865, but that was Americans on both sides, using the term loosely. Traitors are still Americans.

The point is, "fighting and dieing for american's freedom and democracy is so much bullshyte.

Tecumsehsbones

The point is, "fighting and dieing for american's freedom and democracy is so much bullshyte.

You weren't supposed to notice that.

B00Mer

ask a question, then answer it... LOL OKAY

Some say the fight against communism in Vietnam and Korea was a fight for Freedom, and the to try and stop the spread of communism... otherwise you may be speaking Russian right now. just say'in.

gerryh

ask a question, then answer it... LOL OKAY

Some say the fight against communism in Vietnam and Korea was a fight for Freedom, and the to try and stop the spread of communism... otherwise you may be speaking Russian right now. just say'in.

ROFLMFAO....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... ... Vietnam....kinda lost that one. Don't remember hearing about any commie viet cong slime balls attacking the u.s. mainland.

pgs

ROFLMFAO....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... ... Vietnam....kinda lost that one. Don't remember hearing about any commie viet cong slime balls attacking the u.s. mainland.

Well Ger why not show your ignorance against many of your fellow Canadians that Mr. Trudeau brought over after they lost the war .

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

Well Ger why not show your ignorance against many of your fellow Canadians that Mr. Trudeau brought over after they lost the war .

Oh? You think I have any less contempt for the Canadian government and those Canadians that support war? Think again numbnuts. I'm an equal opportunity type of a$$hole.

Thing is, I've been told in no uncertain terms that I keep my opinion to myself during Remembrance day and Remembrance day threads. During that one time of year. This ain't that time of year.

JLM

Yeah, they are Americans Gerry, just think, in 7 months you can denigrate them for Xmas too!

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Yeah, they are Americans Gerry, just think, in 7 months you can denigrate them for Xmas too!

Pardon? and I would do that why?

JLM

Pardon? and I would do that why?

Ever since I've been on here I don't recall you expressing love for Americans!

gerryh

Ever since I've been on here I don't recall you expressing love for Americans!

This is about the celebration of useless deaths and killing, numbnuts.

JLM

This is about the celebration of useless deaths and killing, numbnuts.

Soak your head, Gerry, I think you are a bit feverish!

I'm not sure that "Happy Memorial Day" is a suitable title for the thread. It's not a celebration of anything but rather a day to remember fallen soldiers who fought for our freedom. Remembrance Day (Veterans Day, Armistace Day) is a day to remember all military people living and dead who fought for our freedom.

gerryh

Soak your head, Gerry, I think you are a bit feverish!

I'm not sure that "Happy Memorial Day" is a suitable title for the thread. It's not a celebration of anything but rather a day to remember fallen soldiers who fought for our freedom. Remembrance Day (Veterans Day, Armistace Day) is a day to remember all military people living and dead who fought for our freedom.

"Our" freedom my a$$. It's another day to celebrate war. The useless deaths of young men (and women now) brain washed into the "for King and Country" crap and the useless deaths of innocent men,women, and children for no good reason.

Cliffy

"Our" freedom my a$$. It's another day to celebrate war. The useless deaths of young men (and women now) brain washed into the "for King and Country" crap and the useless deaths of innocent men,women, and children for no good reason.

Oh, there is a good reason for the rich who make a killing (pun intended) from the spoils of war.

JLM

So, What would you do, Gerry, while some insane monster is stuffing your fellow countrymen into gas ovens by the millions? Sit there and watch with your finger up your A$$?

Tecumsehsbones

So, What would you do, Gerry, while some insane monster is stuffing your fellow countrymen into gas ovens by the millions? Sit there and watch with your finger up your A$$?

I'm sure gerryh would grab a rifle and get stuck in. When Mr. Harper or M. Trudeau does that, I'm sure he'll be in the vanguard.

But let's not deceive ourselves that the Holocaust is why the U.S. or Canada was in the war.