This kid is fat (according to the City of New York)

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

you go new york city! way to fat-shame that hideous slob. that'll learn her.

Gwendolyn Williams is a pencil-thin, bubbly 9-year-old who is a perfectly healthy third-grader.
But according to city bureaucrats, she’s practically obese.

“I was like, ‘Oh, my God! Why did I get this?’” the Staten Island kid recalled Thursday after getting a Department of Education-issued “Fitnessgram” that described her Body Mass Index as “overweight.”

“I’m 4-foot-1, and 66 pounds, and I’m like, what?!” Gwendolyn exclaimed of the school handout, which the city is sending home in the bookbags of 870,000 public school students, grades K through 12.

The kids, who were weighed and measured back in November, are told not to look.

But the Fitnessgrams are sealed by only a small, easily replaced round sticker — and peeking is rampant, parents complain, with devastating effects on their self-esteem.

more

This kid is fat (according to the City of New York) | New York Post

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
My WiiFit has always told me I was overweight. I'm 6'6'ish and around 230lbs.... Which when you look online for the above and my age, that's average, not overweight.

I then do regular things on my WiiFit and after a couple of months, I'm obese.

Fk you you animated, faceless, helium-voiced balance board and your condescending attitude. You wouldn't know fitness if someone jammed a rolled up yoga mat up your **** sideways.

As for this girl's situation, she should write a sealed letter to the Dept of Education that says "Go fk Yourselves."

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
That explains why Americans are so obese.

We had a Marine who was as skinny as a twig... he was declared obese as well after this test.

Can you say skewed?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
That explains why Americans are so obese.

We had a Marine who was as skinny as a twig... he was declared obese as well after this test.

Can you say skewed?

They probably used a WiiFit too, which is a Nintendo product & Nintendo is from Japan.

No wonder why North Americans are considered obese, because it was programmed and designed for an Asian Physique rather than our larger Viking Physiques.

Her weight and height is probably equivalent to a Japanese adult male computer programmer, while I'm more like a Sumo Wrestler.

They're planning to screw with our minds to make us think we're fat so we lose even more weight, become weaker and smaller and then they can try & take over the world again.

.... Wait, did my non-serious hypothetical go a step too far? I'm half asleep.... Bed time me thinks.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Maybe it's like getting an award for showing up? They didn't want to pick on only the obese kids so a random selection of other kids got the notice...make everyone feel included...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
They probably used a WiiFit too, which is a Nintendo product & Nintendo is from Japan.

No wonder why North Americans are considered obese, because it was programmed and designed for an Asian Physique rather than our larger Viking Physiques.

Her weight and height is probably equivalent to a Japanese adult male computer programmer, while I'm more like a Sumo Wrestler.

They're planning to screw with our minds to make us think we're fat so we lose even more weight, become weaker and smaller and then they can try & take over the world again.

.... Wait, did my non-serious hypothetical go a step too far? I'm half asleep.... Bed time me thinks.

This made me crack up...

Nailed it!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Maybe it's like getting an award for showing up? They didn't want to pick on only the obese kids so a random selection of other kids got the notice...make everyone feel included...

And I'm sure that's what happened to Rosie O'Donnell and Chris Farley.... They got the notice when they were fit and healthy, then thought to themselves, "Fat?!! I'll show you sons o' b*tchs!!" *Nom Nom Nom...*

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
And I'm sure that's what happened to Rosie O'Donnell and Chris Farley.... They got the notice when they were fit and healthy, then thought to themselves, "Fat?!! I'll show you sons o' b*tchs!!" *Nom Nom Nom...*

Is Chris Farley still alive? I thought he'd passed.

The upside of obesity is not having to worry you'll get old and senile.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

If cannabis causes the munchies, how is it possible that pot smokers are thinner than nonsmokers?

A new study published in the American Journal of Epidemiology finds an intriguing connection between marijuana use and body weight, showing that rates of obesity are lower by roughly a third in people who smoke pot at least three times a week, compared with those who don’t use marijuana at all.

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Ugh; really? Surprised the mother doesn't sue.

I hate this whole "BMI" crap because it's just that, crap. People's bodies are different, too different to use something like this to say absolutely that they're obese or not. The shape, the settlement of fat, the structure of the skeleton; all that factors in. When are people going to stop using this POS test and use a range of weight with a little brain power to determine if someone is overweight or not?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

If cannabis causes the munchies, how is it possible that pot smokers are thinner than nonsmokers?

A new study published in the American Journal of Epidemiology finds an intriguing connection between marijuana use and body weight, showing that rates of obesity are lower by roughly a third in people who smoke pot at least three times a week, compared with those who don’t use marijuana at all.
they are relaxed, endorphins always happening no need to fill empty psyches via food...over eating is way of coping....change the way of coping and you change the weight

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
they are relaxed, endorphins always happening no need to fill empty psyches via food...over eating is way of coping....change the way of coping and you change the weight

some pot smokers are quite active too. I've posted it here before but there is no way I'm going to be having a couple of hoots and be sitting on my couch.

There has to be a proper way of knowing who is and who isnt' obese. Maybe a physical fitness test instead?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
yeah, um, we should get this poor little slob on weed...stat!

but annnnyway...

gimme a Pennington's mblm girl over a rake any day of the week.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Alberta doesn't strike me as a particularly pot filled province. Perhaps it is just where people work harder or need to exercise more due to geography. Tieing this to pot is circumstantial at best.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
gimme a Pennington's mblm girl over a rake any day of the week.

So many men says this. Most people agree a stick is not healthy or overly attractive. Why is it still used in advertising?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
So many men says this. Most people agree a stick is not healthy or overly attractive. Why is it still used in advertising?

The advertising using skinny girls is not aimed at men, it's aimed at women. So you tell us?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
And most people would be wrong. I don't wish to be a stick because it will attract men, I wish to be a stick because I have a very short torso and long legs... stick thin is the healthiest for my particular body type... we need to get away from what we "like" and concentrate on what is healthy. That would be awesome. :lol:

Alberta doesn't strike me as a particularly pot filled province. Perhaps it is just where people work harder or need to exercise more due to geography. Tieing this to pot is circumstantial at best.
I don't think looking at the big picture that they are recommending anything to do with pot, it is merely another variable they have noted and need to explore further. I do not view "eating" as the problem per se. It is what we eat and the amount that we eat for our particular body.

Perhaps pot contains something chemical or perhaps it's like a happy pill, they don't know but it's another area to explore.