How to move a library

SLM
+2
#2  Top Rated Post
Ha! Not the most efficient way of doing things I'm sure but quite a unique experience and good PR for the town library.

gopher
+1
Interesting story - but you have to wonder why didn't they use shopping carts as they would have carried far more books in a much shorter time span.

Locutus
more fun for more people and more community spirit. everyone gets to help out.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Interesting story - but you have to wonder why didn't they use shopping carts as they would have carried far more books in a much shorter time span.

As you may know, shopping carts stop working when you leave the store parking lot (unless of course they are tampered with and I am sure you were not suggesting tampering with shopping carts. I am sure that is right up there with removing tags off mattresses in criminal circles).

shadowshiv
+1
Good opportunity for a person with late charges on their books to "slip" them into the new library. Then they can say that the books were in the library all the time.

Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

As you may know, shopping carts stop working when you leave the store parking lot (unless of course they are tampered with and I am sure you were not suggesting tampering with shopping carts. I am sure that is right up there with removing tags off mattresses in criminal circles).

I don't think all places have the type of shopping cart that stop working once off the property. I certainly haven't seen any of them here locally.

gopher
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

Yeah but the stores can lend the carts for just a few hours in the interest of community spirit.

JamesBondo
3000 books. That is very impressive.