Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

video:

Beer Freedom - Small Dead Animals

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Is this really truthful? I buy beer directly from a local brewery in Toronto all the time.

How different is Ontario from somewhere like NS? When I was there it seemed to be pretty much the same setup as Ontario, except more expensive.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I know I can handle being able to purchase beer at the same time as purchasing tampons. I understand BC will soon have 2 stores that will be selling beer.

I see no reason beer should be sold in special beer stores.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
I know I can handle being able to purchase beer at the same time as purchasing tampons. I understand BC will soon have 2 stores that will be selling beer.

The US is great for that. When I was down there I thought it was funny that our go to place for beer and cigarettes was the local Walgreens.

Really, what I liked most was the prices though. I don't care all that much if I can buy beer at Shopper Drug Mart if the prices are going to be higher than they are now. I'd happily keep the current system if they lowered the taxes.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The US is great for that. When I was down there I thought it was funny that our go to place for beer and cigarettes was the local Walgreens.

Really, what I liked most was the prices though. I don't care all that much if I can buy beer at Shopper Drug Mart if the prices are going to be higher than they are now. I'd happily keep the current system if they lowered the taxes.
FYI, in the U.S. alcohol sales are regulated by the states, which sometimes delegate that regulation to individual counties. Generally there is one standard for beer and wine, and a much stricter standard for spirits. In my area, you can buy beer and wine in grocery stores, drugstores, and gas stations in Virginia, but only in special-purpose beer/wine stores in Maryland. In Maryland, spirits can only be sold in specially-licensed stores (far fewer of them than beer/wine stores). In Virginia, sales of spirits is a state monopoly, only in stores owned and operated by the state department of alcoholic beverage control.

Probably the biggest irony in the U.S. is that in Moore County, Tennessee, which is home to the Jack Daniels distillery, sales of alcohol of all types is forbidden (called a "dry county").

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

For coasters?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

That would stop any mistakes when you just say, "'a 6-pak to go.'

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Swill is available in most stores in the States. For real beer ya gotta come to Canukistan.

yah, eh, ahar, and all that.

Locally, if the Beer Store is closed, a 15 min drive, either N. or E. gets me to a corner store with a franchise to sell beer, wine, and spirits. Open 24-7, cept Christmas and Easter - from 0900 till 2100 hrs. .

I don`t feel really hard done by, not being an alcoholic, nor an everyday drinker.

But, I do understand the desire to drive wages down, cancel pensions, and steal your neighbours sheep. Have at it.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
???? (I'd have liked to used just a single ? but I was prompted for 3 more characters )

And the requirement for multiple character was ironically rendered null and void by your explanation for the multiple ???. Neat huh?

Lol

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
The "map" is flawed.

Beer sales may be "controlled" in Ont., but there are private outlets which are licenced to sell beer, wine, and spirits. Many of them, actually.

Unless the game is to get booze sold in every grocery store, I don't see a problem. Matter of fact, that's probably going to happen soon.

The actual game is to do away with LCBO and The Beer Store outlets. Tell me it ain't so.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Beer sales may be "controlled" in Ont., but there are private outletswhich are licenced to sell beer, wine, and spirits. Many of them, actually.

Yes, and that was discussed in the video clip.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Yes, and that was discussed in the video clip.

Yah, I know; just wondering why Ont. is brown, or red. They should have put some green dots in at least. har har har.

Why are you in the "lets get rid of well paying jobs" club, along with Wally ?

You think beer will be cheaper. ?

Not in Ont.

Que. perhaps. (is now) Too much of an old boys club controlling stuff here.

I see the old Molson Brewery is due for demolition.

I have folding chairs for you and Wally if you wanna go watch.

Walter is just a stupid fukking hack. Thought you knew better.

coffee time.

You can say arsehole but not a sshole in the forum.....weird!

Well damn, didn't know that
Bye for now Walter - you arsehole.

Well jeez, I watched the vid, but not all of it.

Ezra makes me puke. Don't even need to drink a lot to puke when I watch him.

Gotta laugh actually. All these right wing fukkheads cheering on driving down wages and pensions.

Wonder what Mr. flannelmouth Levant will say when they come for him.

Golly, Ez, you're just costing the ol' Sun network too much money, sonny. You gotta go. Take one for the team.
God damn; hope I live long enough to see that.

Maybe he can get a job in a Walmart selling beer...........***.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Yah, I know; just wondering why Ont. is brown, or red. They should have put some green dots in at least. har har har.

Why are you in the "lets get rid of well paying jobs" club, along with Wally ?

You think beer will be cheaper. ?

Not in Ont.

Que. perhaps. (is now) Too much of an old boys club controlling stuff here.

I see the old Molson Brewery is due for demolition.

I have folding chairs for you and Wally if you wanna go watch.

Walter is just a stupid fukking hack. Thought you knew better.

coffee time.

Well damn, didn't know that
Bye for now Walter - you arsehole.

Well jeez, I watched the vid, but not all of it.

Ezra makes me puke. Don't even need to drink a lot to puke when I watch him.

Gotta laugh actually. All these right wing fukkheads cheering on driving down wages and pensions.

Wonder what Mr. flannelmouth Levant will say when they come for him.

Golly, Ez, you're just costing the ol' Sun network too much money, sonny. You gotta go. Take one for the team.
God damn; hope I live long enough to see that.

Maybe he can get a job in a Walmart selling beer...........***.

sounds like you need more than just coffee dude. you're gonna stroke-out if you're not careful.

anyway, this (obviously) isn't about getting rid of some highly-skilled well-paying job (like maybe an electrician or something).

it's just retail man. stocking shelves, selling a product. any dummy could do that. but that ain't the point.

it's about selling beer where the big 3 companies say you can.

quite frankly I don't care what price beer is. but if you think it will go down or stay the same without privatization, go back to bed. :lol: