Climate Change - Question

Twila
This is a question for those who have posted negations on climate change. I won't say climate change deniers because I don't know where you all stand.

So my question....

Do you no believe that there is NO climate change? or that the cause is not strictly human? or that the change is not going to kill of mankind?

I'm curious on where you all stand on this issue and didn't want to hijack current thread.

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
IdRatherBeSkiing
+6
#2  Top Rated Post
I believe that the manmade changes, if any, have yet to be proven. Climate is always changing and has always changed. The effect man has on it, IMHO, is negligible.

Also, there seems to be a lot of $$$ tied up in the theory. And a lot of people who are pushing it seem to be expecting other people to do the dirty work and bear the cost of the aledged fixes.

That being said, I think we should be avoiding polution and reducing our energy use as most of it is finite and will run out eventually. But none of this has anything to do with global warming.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Can't speak for anybody else, but here's my view:

forums.canadiancontent.net/in...l-warming.html (external - login to view)

mentalfloss
+1
Human activity is the main driver at present but the scope of damage is still under scrutiny.

As for policy, that is a question that will be resolved once all governments can agree on one.

petros
+1
Welcome to the Holocene Optimum.

PS climate is never consisant PERIOD.

Colpy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Human activity is the main driver at present but the scope of damage is still under scrutiny.

As for policy, that is a question that will be resolved once all governments can agree on one.

Main driver of WHAT exactly??

The earth has not warmed significantly in 17 years.

https://www2.ucar.edu/climate/faq/ho...last-100-years (external - login to view)

petros
It stopped warming because of Climate Change

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Welcome to the Holocene Optimum.

PS climate is never consisant PERIOD.

But you think the climate IS changing?

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

If it's never consistent....

EagleSmack
+1

It never stopped changing.

It is silly to think electronic bank transfers will keep earths climate constant.
Last edited by EagleSmack; May 1st, 2014 at 03:58 PM..

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

It is silly to think electronic bank transfers will keep a climate from remaining constant.

yeah, that is weird.

I should have phrased my question with "for the worst"

Do you think Man has had any influence on the current climate change?

I think many people (myself included) lump climate change, pollution, over population, etc all under a single umbrella.

EagleSmack

yeah, that is weird.

I should have phrased my question with "for the worst"

I made an edit to my post. Sorry.

Quote:

Do you think Man has had any influence on the current climate change?

No.

Twila

No.

So, what do you think is causing people to panic? Is it fear mongering? for control or intentionally diverting attention from something else?

What about the things that they claim are increasing, caused by, climate change?

EagleSmack
+3

So, what do you think is causing people to panic? Is it fear mongering? for control or intentionally diverting attention from something else?

What about the things that they claim are increasing, caused by, climate change?

Yup... it is fear mongering. Trillions of dollars are at stake. Groups and so called developing nations want a huge influx of cash from western industries and so called developed nations.

Wealth distribution bud... that's what this is about and that is all this is about.

Twila

Yup... it is fear mongering. Trillions of dollars are at stake. Groups and so called developing nations want a huge influx of cash from western industries and so called developed nations.

Wealth distribution bud... that's what this is about and that is all this is about.

Thanks for answering my questions Eagle.

Do you think there is a time when we all see this clearly? in our lifetime maybe? Do you think something could happen that would show this as what is happening?

EagleSmack

Thanks for answering my questions Eagle.

NP!

Quote:

Do you think there is a time when we all see this clearly?

Doubtful

Quote:

in our lifetime maybe?

x2

Quote:

Do you think something could happen that would show this as what is happening?

Like what?

Dixie Cup

And certain people lining their pockets....

Blackleaf
+1

Do you no believe that there is NO climate change?

I believe in climate change. I believe the world is getting cooler, and has been since 1997 as the Met Office proved (stats which the Warmists have ignored).

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie CupView Post

And certain people lining their pockets....

To be fair, righties have been lining their pockets for decades with "defence" spending, and have been making a killing for the last decade in "security," "keeping us safe."

Only fair the lefties should get their snouts into the fear-mongering trough.

Spade
+2
I fear you're wrong, TB.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

I fear you're wrong, TB.

About what, Sir Spade? That the defense/security industry trends right? Or that the climate change industry trends left? Or that fear-mongering exists and is massively monetised?

There are legitimate climate change concerns. There are legitimate defence/security concerns. But there's plenty of fear-mongering, pork-barreling, and cashing-in in both industries.

And if the useless, wasteful spending in defence/security were stacked up next to the useless, wasteful spending in climate change, so far the former would be about as tall as as the CN Tower, and the latter almost as tall as a hockey puck.

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

About what, Sir Spade? That the defense/security industry trends right? Or that the climate change industry trends left? Or that fear-mongering exists and is massively monetised?

There are legitimate climate change concerns. There are legitimate defence/security concerns. But there's plenty of fear-mongering, pork-barreling, and cashing-in in both industries.

And if the useless, wasteful spending in defence/security were stacked up next to the useless, wasteful spending in climate change, so far the former would be about as tall as as the CN Tower, and the latter almost as tall as a hockey puck.

Yup political patronage is a bit-h . Your system is even worse then ours in that respect .
But you allow so much money to flow during elections someone has to pay . ( taxpayer )
If I am supporting some ones election with my dollars or time I want a return on my investment .
You also allow members to sit in the house and senate well past their best before dates .
How many members do you have that have served ( themselves ) for fifty years or are still running well into their eighties ?

You can point out the same both sides of the isle .Sickening .

JamesBondo
If I was an athiest, I would have a hard time believing in the climate change crisis. Surely, if a .2 deg change of temperature is going to cause the end of the world, one would have to conclude that only through the grace of god, have we existed this long.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondoView Post

If I was an athiest, I would have a hard time believing in the climate change crisis. Surely, if a .2 deg change of temperature is going to cause the end of the world, one would have to conclude that only through the grace of god, have we existed this long.

Good thing you're not an atheist and just an idiot who can't spell athiest<-----atheist.

But for the grace of god.