Jun 18, 2007
...how about invisible jumping spiders.

eh? tough guy.

This Transparent Jumping Spider is the Stuff of Nightmares

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I thought they had ten eyes...hm

Most spiders have eight eyes, but some species have six or less.

Despite that, spiders have very poor eyesight. Most can only detect light-dark intensity changes. They rely instead on touch, vibration and taste to navigate and find their prey.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Most spiders have eight eyes, but some species have six or less.

Despite that, spiders have very poor eyesight. Most can only detect light-dark intensity changes. They rely instead on touch, vibration and taste to navigate and find their prey.

good lord that thing is creepy until I stare him down, then he is kind of cute...thanks for the info!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I hate spiders. I had cold sweats just finding that picture. The other night when I was letting the cat back in through the kitchen window I saw a gargantuan one just eight feet or so away from me stood on the outside wall of my next door neighbour's house. I don't know what species of spider it was - there are about 650 species of spider in the UK - but I didn't know any British spider could get so large. I had the creeps for the rest of the night. It was big, black, with a large, bulbous abdomen, and looked like it would give one hell of a nasty bite.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
yeah I move them outside too if it's warm enough, otherwise I move them into the hall

they are fragile though so it is easier if I can just move their silk strand and that is difficult as they begin to climb back up the strand and then I freak out

I hate spiders. I had cold sweats just finding that picture. The other night when I was letting the cat back in through the kitchen window I saw a gargantuan one just eight feet or so away from me stood on the outside wall of my next door neighbour's house. I don't know what species of spider it was - there are about 650 species of spider in the UK - but I didn't know any British spider could get so large. I had the creeps for the rest of the night. It was big, black, with a large, bulbous abdomen, and looked like it would give one hell of a nasty bite.
actually I had that happen to me in my last apartment building...I always used the end door and would walk up the four flights...came home and went to open the glass the door and the largest spider I have ever seen in my life was spread across it. I was horrified. I took the main door and the elevator as my legs were shakey. After it kept going through my head; how could a spider in Canada be that large? I concluded it could not. It was likely someone's escaped pet...it bothered me for days.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I like these spiders. They show they're aware of you when they move with your movements.

Have you seen the cartwheeling spider? so cool:

]

Do they cartwheel because of the heat of the sand ? Google Nuggler, lazy shyte. Google.

yeah I move them outside too if it's warm enough, otherwise I move them into the hall

they are fragile though so it is easier if I can just move their silk strand and that is difficult as they begin to climb back up the strand and then I freak out

actually I had that happen to me in my last apartment building...I always used the end door and would walk up the four flights...came home and went to open the glass the door and the largest spider I have ever seen in my life was spread across it. I was horrified. I took the main door and the elevator as my legs were shakey. After it kept going through my head; how could a spider in Canada be that large? I concluded it could not. It was likely someone's escaped pet...it bothered me for days.

It's most likely in or under your bed now. Trying to keep warm.

Those are the Black British Blackleaf-biting Big Buggers. Poisonous to boot. Hope you get it............I mean that in the nicest way.