Canada & USA Join, what would be the political makeup??

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
If the USA and Canada joined, would the Conservatives ever win an election again??

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
The US Democrats are comparable to the Conservative Party of Canada, so they'd probably form a colation. The Republicans and the Liberals and NDP would be on their own. Well, no, the Liberals might join with Social Democrats USA, an insignificant party, as the Greens would. But the Republicans and NDP would still be left on their own.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Canada has the population of one of the US's larger states so I doubt it would make much of a difference. A merger would suck in any case.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
How's that working out?
so why be here in the forum hanging out with a bunch of douche bags...8O

just wondering is all

oh and whoever gave ya the greenie calling us douche bags should just fuk off and move south

If the USA and Canada joined, would the Conservatives ever win an election again??

Boomer you are 100% American now...you moved there precisely because you did not like Canada correct? So now that you are there and loving it, why do you persist in wishing Canada to join with the States. Is it a power thing or what?

Canadians do not wish to be American...why do Americans wish we did? I have run into this before with an American...he was one angry individual because Canadians didn't want to be Americans. They were the best. They were the strongest... well that's nice. So why not just enjoy it then. Why the need to keep pressing it?

I seriously don't get it. You already know from your other threads that we do not wish to join you. If we did, we could just move south.

So, what's up with that? I really am trying to understand the mentality.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
trolls and as sholes, Sal. Trolls and as sholes

You would certainly know all about being a troll and as shole.. wouldn't you Nuggler.

Boomer you are 100% American now...you moved there precisely because you did not like Canada correct? So now that you are there and loving it, why do you persist in wishing Canada to join with the States. Is it a power thing or what?

Of give it a rest Sal... it's a political question... nothing more, nothing less.. quit trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill..

I was surfing the Internet and found the pic of the map.. I thought it was a little to blue for my taste, and made a post to see what the opinion of others is...

That's it, That's all Sal.

@ the same time, I also found these pics and posted them to members walls...

Cliffy's Profile

Blackleaf's Profile

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
You would certainly know all about being a troll and as shole.. wouldn't you Nuggler.

Of give it a rest Sal... it's a political question... nothing more, nothing less.. quit trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill..

I was surfing the Internet and found the pic of the map.. I thought it was a little to blue for my taste, and made a post to see what the opinion of others is...

That's it, That's all Sal.

@ the same time, I also found these pics and posted them to members walls...

Cliffy's Profile

Blackleaf's Profile
Boomer
Yaaal plannnin onne of dem daer vasions the ruskies rre adouin. Weelll rre ya

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
so why be here in the forum hanging out with a bunch of douche bags...8O

just wondering is all

There are lots of Canadians who aren't leftists. But even if all Canadians were leftists that would be fine as long as Canada and America remain at arm's length politically. The problem is when a North American Union is discussed. Any such union would tip the balance in the Home of the Brave in favor of leftists on a permanent basis.

Why would Canada and America become a single polity? Because we love each other and feel so much affinity?

No. Such a union would be pursued in order to advance the interests of Statists and Big Business. I can't even believe Canadians are not denouncing the mere suggestion of a union because the sole element uniting Canadians is the fact they aren't Americans.

oh and whoever gave ya the greenie calling us douche bags should just fuk off and move south

Don't you think that part of your post is gratuitous?

When I'm in Canada and discuss closer Canadian/American cooperation with Canucks I always tell them it would be foolish from a Canadian perspective because it would permit the American disease of political hatred to infect the Canadian body politic.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Canadians do not wish to be American...why do Americans wish we did? I have run into this before with an American...he was one angry individual because Canadians didn't want to be Americans. They were the best. They were the strongest... well that's nice. So why not just enjoy it then. Why the need to keep pressing it?

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Just because some transplanted pseudo-Texan flaps his gums, that don't make him representative.

I like Canada and Canadians just fine the way they are. ESPECIALLY Canadians. Close enough to be easily understood, different enough to bring new perspectives and new ideas to the problems that plague us all.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Just because some transplanted pseudo-Texan flaps his gums, that don't make him representative.

I like Canada and Canadians just fine the way they are. ESPECIALLY Canadians. Close enough to be easily understood, different enough to bring new perspectives and new ideas to the problems that plague us all.

pseudo-Texan - that's sorta harsh.. :sad10:

Don't get me wrong, I like Canada just the way it is.. I maintain a residence in Alberta, Canada and one in the USA.. don't want to loose my free health care.. ;)

Say Tecumsehsbones ya ol'hag.. I'm in good company - George W. Bush is a pseudo-Texan; he was born in Connecticut. In Texas, we call those people "tourists." ;)

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
There are lots of Canadians who aren't leftists. But even if all Canadians were leftists that would be fine as long as Canada and America remain at arm's length politically. The problem is when a North American Union is discussed. Any such union would tip the balance in the Home of the Brave in favor of leftists on a permanent basis.

Why would Canada and America become a single polity? Because we love each other and feel so much affinity?

No. Such a union would be pursued in order to advance the interests of Statists and Big Business. I can't even believe Canadians are not denouncing the mere suggestion of a union because the sole element uniting Canadians is the fact they aren't Americans.

Why do you believe the bolded part? As you pointed out, there are lots of right wingers in Canada. Combine that with the fact that Canada would only add ~10% to the population of the US, I can't see it having all that much of an impact on the US.

That is really exactly why nobody in Canada would ever really want to merge with the US. We would just be swallowed up and have no real power in that union. Who would want that?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Boehner would be the Governor General. Obama would be the Minister of Silly Walks.