Teen's terror tweet to American Airlines goes viral

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Teen's terror tweet to American Airlines goes viral
QMI Agency
First posted: Sunday, April 13, 2014 09:11 PM EDT | Updated: Sunday, April 13, 2014 10:02 PM EDT
A threatening tweet from someone claiming to be a 14-year-old "white" girl to American Airlines evolved into pleas for forgiveness when the airline said it was reporting her to the FBI.
According to the New York Daily News, someone using the name "Sarah" issued this terror tweet: "hello my name's Ibrahim and I'm from Afghanistan. I'm part of Al Qaida and on June 1st I'm gonna do something really big bye."
The airline fired back that it was contacting the FBI with the sender's IP address.
The Daily News reported that a panicked "Sarah" claimed it was all a prank: "I'm so sorry I'm scared now. I was joking and it was my friend not me, take her IP address not mine."
The exchange went viral and "Sarah" continued to beg the airline not to turn her in, while others in the Twitterverse called on the airline to go easy on her.
"I'm just a fangirl pls I don't have evil thoughts and plus I'm a white girl," she tweeted.
There was no word if the FBI got involved.
Teen's terror tweet to American Airlines goes viral | World | News | Toronto Sun

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
''plus I'm a white girl''

White Trash is more like it..

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Teen arrested for terror tweet to American Airline
QMI Agency
First posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 12:12 PM EDT | Updated: Monday, April 14, 2014 12:45 PM EDT
Police in the Netherlands have arrested a 14-year-old girl after a threat was made on Twitter to "do something really big" to American Airlines.
On Sunday, a girl who said her name was Sarah tweeted at American Airlines, "hello my name's Ibrahim and I'm from Afghanistan. I'm part of Al Qaida and on June 1st I'm gonna do something really big bye."
The airline tweeted back saying it took the threat very seriously and it contacted the FBI with the sender's IP
This led to Sarah apologizing.
"I'm so sorry I'm scared now. I was joking and it was my friend not me, take her IP address not mine," she wrote. "I'm just a fangirl pls I don't have evil thoughts and plus I'm a white girl."
Teen arrested for terror tweet to American Airlines | World | News | Toronto Sun

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
So now they are being barraged by bomb threats and on the anniversary of the Boston explosions...I don't even know how they should handle it

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
So now they are being barraged by bomb threats and on the anniversary of the Boston explosions...I don't even know how they should handle it

What pisses me off about it is the time, effort and money wasted on looking into each and every one of these incidents. And since they need to put the time into it, I say arrest the pricks.

What should have been a cautionary tale about a foolish young girl has become the "new social media thing" because of idiots with a Twitter account.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
What pisses me off about it is the time, effort and money wasted on looking into each and every one of these incidents. And since they need to put the time into it, I say arrest the pricks.

What should have been a cautionary tale about a foolish young girl has become the "new social media thing" because of idiots with a Twitter account.
yes I think they should be banned from using social media for having done this...I also think they need to see what a bomb does to a human being

but the money spent on this is crippling... I don't know

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
yes I think they should be banned from using social media for having done this...I also think they need to see what a bomb does to a human being

I'm not sure. It shouldn't be too expensive to track down Twitter users. Round 'em up, give 'em a night or two in the drunk tank, fine 'em heavily, and see how funny they think it is. If that's the way you want to go.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I'm not sure. It shouldn't be too expensive to track down Twitter users. Round 'em up, give 'em a night or two in the drunk tank, fine 'em heavily, and see how funny they think it is. If that's the way you want to go.
I think there have to be strong consequences otherwise when someone actually does ... the whole boy who cried wolf may occur with tragic results

it's most likely young kids like her.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

I don't think they can't investigate, what if one turned out to be legit? They could never take that chance.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
You've just got to know if one does it, everyone's going to get in on the act. In a lot of cases, saying nothing is best.
actually I'm shocked but then I can see teens especially from another country who don't know the horror...they are naive thinking it is a game

I don't think they can't investigate, what if one turned out to be legit? They could never take that chance.
exactly

sorry I was unclear...I agree with you, I mean I don't know about the punishment

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
A good public flogging in the town square is quite justified I think. Maybe put her(them) into stocks and leave a few crates of rotten tomatoes for the crowd.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

I do not disagree with your first point, but, unfortunately, it is SOOOO politically incorrect to let our little darlings know what true consequences mean!! I know from personal experience.

My sister was badly burned in a school fire when she was 12. The cause of the fire was that 2 girls decided it would be fun to set mattresses in the gym storage area on fire - for whatever reason. Well, the fire wasn't discovered for quite awhile - guess the fire inspection that was supposedly done not that long prior to, didn't include testing the fire bells or sprinkler system. Needless to say, since it was an older school, the gym had lots of hardwood and the fire really got going.

Eventually the fire was discovered but not before it was raging out of control. I'm told that as students were evacuating from the upper story of the school, the roof was already starting to come down but I honestly don't know the truth of that. I was living in Manitoba at the time and this all took place in B.C.

My sister's class was second to the last for evacuation and, they had to walk past the gym to exit. The doors exploded as her and a classmate were walking past and a burning door landed on top of her and the explosion threw her classmate out the exit. Long story short, she had 3rd degree burns over 70% of her body and is terribly scarred to this day. She was developmentally delayed but a real popinjay at the time - talkative, very active etc.. A real little cutie. But, she's never been the same since.

My mom wanted those girls to go to the Vancouver General to the burn unit so that they could see the result of their actions but that was kyboshed of course as that would have been too much of a hardship for those girls. I thought it would be the perfect "sentence" for them and a real eye-opener that actions have consequences. I never did hear what happened to those girls but I doubt if it was anything serious. (They were both 16ish at the time). I quite frankly didn't have a problem with the girls seeing my sister and, hopefully, having nightmares about it since my sister lives it everyday of her life.

Sound cruel? Maybe, but as my sisters legal guardian, I know what she has to go through day in and day out. Her hands are so malformed she can't even "wipe herself" properly. I am still angry at what has happened to her, mostly because there didn't seem to be any consequence for those girls. I hope their lives are happy and full. Would be nice to know if they even think about my sister or what they did.

JMO