How to break free of the rat race.

WindWalker

Electoral Member
May 22, 2008
French Creek, BC
I can most certainly identify with what this guy is saying. But...the cynical side of me sees more to the story.

He is one of the lucky ones. He has millions of dollars and assets so he can well afford a full blown mid life crisis. I noticed he didn't mention giving away those millions and although he may live in a studio apartment now but I suspect his bank account is still bloated. So, I think he is still shoveling sh!t as he puts it.

It would be easy to step off the grid and unto a beach.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I can most certainly identify with what this guy is saying. But...the cynical side of me sees more to the story.

He is one of the lucky ones. He has millions of dollars and assets so he can well afford a full blown mid life crisis. I noticed he didn't mention giving away those millions and although he may live in a studio apartment now but I suspect his bank account is still bloated. So, I think he is still shoveling sh!t as he puts it.

It would be easy to step off the grid and unto a beach.
You have a point but not all homeless people are drunks and druggies. Some are there because they cherish the freedom. I found it very easy to go off grid and live in the bush back in the 70s. Many ways to accomplish freedom from the system.

WindWalker

Electoral Member
May 22, 2008
French Creek, BC
I agree. But we both know it's not as easy as putting one leg in the air and gliding down the boardwalk.

I'll bet you knew full well living off the grid was not going to be a walk in the park.

Last edited:

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
You have a point but not all homeless people are drunks and druggies. Some are there because they cherish the freedom. I found it very easy to go off grid and live in the bush back in the 70s. Many ways to accomplish freedom from the system.

The romanticised hobo of yesteryear is today's dumpsterdiver. Pity that.