Child bride kills new husband by feeding him rat poison: Cops

spaminator
Child bride kills new husband by feeding him rat poison: Cops
QMI Agency
First posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 02:09 PM EDT | Updated: Thursday, April 10, 2014 02:17 PM EDT
A 14-year-old girl in Nigeria has confessed to police she killed her husband and three other people after feeding them rice laced with rat poison.
Wasila Umaru said she wanted to kill her new husband, 35-year-old Umaru Sani, because she did not love him and was forced to marry him, the BBC reported.
The two were married last week.
The Associated Press reported Sani had invited friends to celebrate their wedding on the weekend in a village 100 km from the northern city of Kano. During a meal, Umaru fed them the rice.
Her husband and a friend died that day, while two others died in hospital.
Police said she is co-operating and is expected to be charged with homicide.
Child bride kills new husband by feeding him rat poison: Cops | World | News | Toronto Sun

WLDB
Cant say I blame her considering the circumstances.

Twila
wow, the desperation she must have felt.

Tecumsehsbones
I'm trying to figure out if she was brave or foolish to admit it. I think a 14-year-old newlywed might could have a pretty good shot at convincing the authorities it was an accident.

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

I'm trying to figure out if she was brave or foolish to admit it. I think a 14-year-old newlywed might could have a pretty good shot at convincing the authorities it was an accident.

So when it comes to the Law, honesty is not always the best answer? I know the truth can be subjective but can honesty be?

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

So when it comes to the Law, honesty is not always the best answer? I know the truth can be subjective but can honesty be?

When it comes to the law, honesty is almost never the best answer.

no new posts