For Some, A Contemplative Headline.......

tay
Wife Dies, Husband Wins Lottery Next Day

Wife Dies, Husband Wins Lottery Next Day - Fox 2 News Headlines (external - login to view)

SLM
What a bittersweet moment that must have been. But why would the headline be 'for some contemplative'? It's not like he could know he was going to win a lottery. Unless you meant a kind of tragic irony of sorts.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote:

The win was bittersweet though. The day before McDaniel won, his wife passed away of a heart attack. "I think she just kind of sent me this money so I could continue taking care of the (grand) kids," McDaniel told the California Lottery.

Wait a minute. . . dead people can fix lottery results to give you money?

OK, Mom, time to get busy! You owe me!

Blackleaf
A double stroke of good luck for him then.

SLM
Does your hate know no boundaries?

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Does your hate know no boundaries?

No. I like the guy.

tay
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

What a bittersweet moment that must have been. But why would the headline be 'for some contemplative'? It's not like he could know he was going to win a lottery. Unless you meant a kind of tragic irony of sorts.

Believe it or not many couples are together for various reasons BUT if they had the opportunity, they wouldn't be.

I'm not suggesting that they are all waiting for the other half to die but I'm sure some would look at that headline and pause for a moment thinking about such a scenario........

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

Believe it or not many couples are together for various reasons BUT if they had the opportunity, they wouldn't be.

I'm not suggesting that they are all waiting for the other half to die but I'm sure some would look at that headline and pause for a moment thinking about such a scenario........

Anyone who would do that, even for a moment, is a pretty cold individual. And yes, there are indeed some cold individual's out there. Like those who's first thought when contemplating the notion of a widower being 'score'.

55Mercury
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

Knowing some people's wives I'd say there may even be a few who'd think "that's the stuff dreams are made of!"

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by 55MercuryView Post

Knowing some people's wives I'd say there may even be a few who'd think "that's the stuff dreams are made of!"

55Mercury
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

I think your wife is... lovely, Blackleaf. I'm sure she's a very nice lady.

will he be dying soon?

Blackleaf

I think your wife is... lovely, Blackleaf. I'm sure she's a very nice lady.

will he be dying soon?

That's Nora Batty, the battleaxe of BBC comedy series Last Of The Summer Wine, the world's longest running sitcom, which ran from 1973 until 2010. She played Nora from 1973 to 2008, and she was the object of Compo's affections.

55Mercury
Norman Batty, yeah, sure, well you've given us much to contemplate...

BLEACH!!!!

Tecumsehsbones

Norman Batty, yeah, sure, well you've given us much to contemplate...

BLEACH!!!!

You can use what's left of mine, if you think that'll be enough. . .