Lesbian who gave post-wedding TV interview beaten

spaminator
Lesbian who gave post-wedding TV interview beaten
Reuters
First posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 06:09 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 06:13 PM EDT
WARNING: Contains strong language:
A search is on for three men accused of knocking a woman unconscious in an apparent anti-gay attack less than two weeks after she gave a television interview about her marriage, authorities in Michigan said on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old woman and her partner were wed on March 22 in Washtenaw County, one of four counties that briefly allowed same-sex nuptials after a federal judge struck down the Michigan ban on same-sex nuptials.
The woman was confronted by three men after she got off a bus on Monday evening close to her home near Ypsilanti, Michigan, about 35 miles (56 km) west of Detroit, the Washtenaw County Sheriff's office said.
"Hey bitch, are you that faggot from the news?" the woman recalled one of the men saying to her, said Derrick Jackson, a spokesman for the sheriff's office.
She was then punched in the face and fell to the ground unconscious, Jackson said.
The woman said she regained consciousness while she was being kicked in the abdomen, and then the men ran off, Jackson said.
She was treated at an area hospital for bruises and swelling to her face and abdomen and released, he said.
The woman said she rides the same bus almost every day and did not recognize the attackers, he said.
She and her partner were one of more than 300 couples around the state who sought licenses on Saturday, March 22, and her image was broadcast on local television, Jackson said.
A federal appeals court stayed the judge's ruling later on Saturday and same-sex marriages in Michigan have been halted until an appeal is heard.
Seventeen states plus the District of Columbia now allow gay marriage, a number that would be substantially increased if a series of recent federal court decisions are upheld in Michigan, Utah, Texas, Oklahoma and Virginia.
Lesbian who gave post-wedding TV interview beaten | World | News | Toronto Sun (external - login to view)

Tecumsehsbones
The decent and courageous Right.

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Of course...the facts are clear. There is no questions at all. None.

Liberalman
+1
Once those men are thrown in jail they will find out about true homosexual love

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by LiberalmanView Post

Once those men are thrown in jail they will find out about true homosexual love

Your closet is gettin' smaller and smaller there slim.

EagleSmack

Oh please. The biggest threat to people who are gay are other gay people. You don't see that so much on the news.

So I guess that was mean the decent and courageous Left.

petros
+2
#7  Top Rated Post
"Public transportation is for jerks and lesbians." - Homer Simpson, February 4, 2006

He was right.

EagleSmack
Were there any witnesses? Has she described the three men.

I need to hunt for more news on this.

Locutus
Yeah, I hope she isn't lying and pulling a tawana brawley.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Yeah, I hope she isn't lying and pulling a tawana brawley.

Not one major news outlet is carrying this story. In fact... not one local Michigan news outlet is carrying this story as of yet.

petros
+1
Odd.

Locutus
+1
very eh.

petros
+1
It is possible they are the last four people in Michigan and I bet the three were zombies so who would there be other than the lesbian or a guy named Karl in Stuttgart to write the story for Reuters on a slow news day?

EagleSmack
No witnesses... no name... no suspects... no local coverage.

Very odd.

Maybe T-Bones can shed some light since he seems to have the best lead thus far.

Locutus
Anything I find seems to go back to the reuters article as all the text seems copied from one outlet to another:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=A+sea...B8qC8Qfw1YHQDg (external - login to view)

petros
+2
Ah crap. I went and learned ciphering to get a real job when I could have gotten baked in 3rd period and went into journalism and written malarkey news articles all day for a living.

Retired_Can_Soldier
I believe the response time for a 911 call in Detroit is somewhere around 45 minutes. This woman being beat up is wrong, but it hardly warrants international attention.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

I believe the response time for a 911 call in Detroit is somewhere around 45 minutes. This woman being beat up is wrong, but it hardly warrants international attention.

As far as we can see there isn't much attention at all.

In fact if you google the article title... CanCon is in the top 5 searches for this "story"! This thread right here.

Something is fishy.

However... T-Bones has identified the attackers as Right Wing so we need him to shed some light on this for us.

JLM

Of course...the facts are clear. There is no questions at all. None.

In your wildest dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Thugs don't follow political lines. -

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Ah crap. I went and learned ciphering to get a real job when I could have gotten baked in 3rd period and went into journalism and written malarkey news articles all day for a living.

It would seem you don't need special schooling to cut and paste...You won't be required to check facts or even spell check. Grammar is a thing of the past...

EagleSmack
Any new updates on this?

petros
Nope. Nothing from Karl in Stuttgart yet.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Nope. Nothing from Karl in Stuttgart yet.

T-Bones appeared to have some additional scoop but I've not heard anything from him yet on this.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

Grammar is a thing of the past...

You notice that too, eh?? My grammar is mostly poor (when not downright vernacular) and I notice it on the media several times a day- in fact I've noticed them substituting "less" for "fewer" and vice versa several times in the past two days. My old school marms are vibrating in their graves!

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

You notice that too, eh?? My grammar is mostly poor (when not downright vernacular) and I notice it on the media several times a day- in fact I've noticed them substituting "less" for "fewer" and vice versa several times in the past two days. My old school marms are vibrating in their graves!

I have and I blame the lack of time we have to slow down and think. I suspect that our focus is so split that we haven't time to pay full attention to any one thing we're doing at any given time. Form of self inflicted ADD.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

I have and I blame the lack of time we have to slow down and think. I suspect that our focus is so split that we haven't time to pay full attention to any one thing we're doing at any given time. Form of self inflicted ADD.

Too much obsession on multi tasking you think? -

EagleSmack
+1

Anything more on this?

Did they catch those right wingers yet?

Locutus
Likely sprained his e-tongue or developed yellow-belly.

That, or he was quick-trolling. You don't think that...nah...not bonehead. Surely not.

EagleSmack

Likely sprained his e-tongue or developed yellow-belly.

That, or he was quick-trolling. You don't think that...nah...not bonehead. Surely not.

He was pretty quick to point fingers wasn't he?

Ain't hypocrisy grand!

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

He was pretty quick to point fingers wasn't he?

Ain't hypocrisy grand!

Thought he'd be a bigger man about this.