Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Video in the link. What say you?

Colbert Tweet Triggers Firestorm, #CancelColbert Twitter Trend | Mediaite

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Liberals in the US are quite successful of being their racist selves and get away with it fairly regularly.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Liberals in the US are quite successful of being their racist selves and get away with it fairly regularly.
Tell me about it. Many American lefties, particularly in the east, often assume Indians are deeply spiritually connected with the land, or the spirits, or whatever. If anything, it's more irritating than the "lazy, drunken Injun" stereotype pushed by many on the right.

From experience, I can tell you there's probably more Indians in the U.S. deeply connected with distilled spirits than the Great Spirit.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Lol, so the anti-PC group here are more than happy to cast shame on people who have different political views than themselves?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Tell me about it. Many American lefties, particularly in the east, often assume Indians are deeply spiritually connected with the land, or the spirits, or whatever.

And I bet they get furious when you try and correct them.

Do they call you an Uncle Tom?

If anything, it's more irritating than the "lazy, drunken Injun" stereotype pushed by many on the right.

From experience, I can tell you there's probably more Indians in the U.S. deeply connected with distilled spirits than the Great Spirit.
Welcome to the Right!

Lol, so the anti-PC group here are more than happy to cast shame on people who have different political views than themselves?

Absolutely!

As well as point out how hypocritical they are.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
And I bet they get furious when you try and correct them.

Do they call you an Uncle Tom?
Ay-yup. And worse. When I'm in a bad mood and somebody asks me my "Indian name," I usually say a string of nonsense syllables. When they ask what it means, I say "Blow Me."

I do have an "Indian" name, and I use it regularly. I just don't like stereotypes. No, I take that back. I just don't like people who insist on imposing their stereotypes on me, positive or negative.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Ay-yup. And worse. When I'm in a bad mood and somebody asks me my "Indian name," I usually say a string of nonsense syllables. When they ask what it means, I say "Blow Me."

I do have an "Indian" name, and I use it regularly. I just don't like stereotypes. No, I take that back. I just don't like people who insist on imposing their stereotypes on me, positive or negative.

That made me crack up.

Yeah the white man doesn't like when Native Americans "break character".

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Absolutely!

As well as point out how hypocritical they are.

It's not like Colbert has ever been one to get up in arms about any issue, so I don't know how you could call him a hypocrite.

Could you not argue that the people who in one thread want to pass a law banning "political correctness" and in another go after people for not being PC enough are a bit hypocritical?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It's not like Colbert has ever been one to get up in arms about any issue, so I don't know how you could call him a hypocrite.

I'm not calling him one. I really do not know what he represents. IF it was Jon Stewart... oh you bet I would.

Could you not argue that the people who in one thread want to pass a law banning "political correctness" and in another go after people for not being PC enough are a bit hypocritical?

Ban political correctness. Why would I even comment on that? It is silliness.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
And I don't like that he's pointing right at me either. It's a very aggressive posture. I feel bullied, threatened.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
If there's nothing wrong with it why was the tweet removed I wonder. Hmmm. That's a tricky one eh.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
And I don't like that he's pointing right at me either. It's a very aggressive posture. I feel bullied, threatened.

Perhaps that is due to the fact you are carrying your My Little Pony lunchpail to work with you?;)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Which, oddly enough, is also a stereotype.

Is the inference then that only one who is anti-PC would have something to be ashamed of? Because experience has taught me that even the most perfectly coined statement can also be a load of condescending bull.

It'll all be okay, just go to your happy place.