Stop the export of Canadian sheep for cruel ritual slaughtering


B00Mer
-1
#1
Stop the export of Canadian sheep for cruel ritual slaughtering



In October of last year, for the first time in Singapore, Canadian lambs were killed in the annual korban ritual during Hari Raya Haji celebrations. Identifying a need for another supply chain, Singapore had explored Canada as an additional source of sacrificial animals. The Canadian Federal Government obliged and 500 lambs were shipped to their inhumane deaths. This method of ritual killing has been increasingly criticized due to animal welfare concerns. The animals slaughtered are primarily goats and sheep who are killed by having their throats cut while fully conscious. New Zealand has already banned the live export of animals for slaughter, and Australia appears to be well on its way to doing the same.

The BC SPCA’s position statement for humane killing includes “In reference to slaughter of farm animals, it is imperative for animals to be rendered unconscious and insensible to pain prior to slaughter, notwithstanding religious or ethnic custom.” They further state that scientific evidence indicates there are greater risks of suffering of animals during ritual slaughter conducted without prior stunning than for conventional slaughter; this suffering is due to increased restraint, pain experienced during throat cutting, and pain and stress experienced by the conscious animal during subsequent bleeding out.

Even a draft document of the Canadian Code of Practice for the Care and Handling of Sheep (2013) states that the acceptable methods of euthanasia for sheep are gunshot, penetrating captive bolt, non-penetrating captive bolt guns, IV barbiturate overdoes, and blunt force trauma. Being slaughtered alive by using a knife to their throats is not stated as an acceptable procedure.

Sign this petition and tell the Canadian Government that Canadian sheep should not be exported for purposes of religious ritual. No religion and no balance sheet should ever justify cruelty to another living being.

Further readings:

Canadian Lambs to Slaughter: Killings Too Cruel for Australia but A-OK for Canada? - MFA Canada Blog (external - login to view)

www.spca.bc.ca/assets/documen...ne-killing.pdf (external - login to view)

http://app.mccy.gov.sg/Newsroom/PQon...ockSupply.aspx

www.meskorban.com.sg/singapor...orban-2013.pdf (external - login to view)

Singapore News | Politics | Weather | Crime (external - login to view)

Canadian lambs sold out for korban; 21 mosques hold ritual to mark Hari Raya Haji (external - login to view)

www.change.org/en-CA/petition...ish_experiment (external - login to view)

--------------------------------

I'd like to slit the throat of the people there..
 
petros
+1 / -1
#2  Top Rated Post
The two sh-tty Religions that kill animals have you in PETA mode?
Last edited by petros; Mar 28th, 2014 at 09:53 AM..
 
B00Mer
+1 / -1
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

The two sh-tty Religions that kill animals have you in PETA mode?

two Islam and??

Sad that Canada once again is falling short on animal rights..

Then again what would you expect from a country that kills innocent pups just for their fur..



Maybe this year somebody will wear a ghillie camouflage and use a sniper rifle and take out a few seal hunters.

That would be justice..
 
petros
+1 / -1
#4
Islam and Jews. Jews do it right here in Canada.
 
taxslave
-1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

two Islam and??

Sad that Canada once again is falling short on animal rights..

Then again what would you expect from a country that kills innocent pups just for their fur..



Maybe this year somebody will wear a ghillie camouflage and use a sniper rifle and take out a few seal hunters.

That would be justice..

Might want to ask a few seal hunters about that before you make yourself look even dumber.
 
petros
-1
#6
Look up Kapparot. It happens every fall in Winnipeg.

October 4 this year.

And that is just chickens. They still do lambs and calf's too.

Come to think of it Born Yesterdays have done ritual slaughter too.
 
Locutus
+1
#7
What about trawling? Why do mammals get all the mushy concern? Just wonderin' eh.
 
petros
+1
#8
B0Ner is upset to learn Jews do it too.

Hey B0Ner, enjoy your sacrificial Easter ham. I'm getting one that is double smoked.

Happy Easter B0Ner
 
B00Mer
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

What about trawling? Why do mammals get all the mushy concern? Just wonderin' eh.

...and the fact that Canada allows all these foreign nations to steal all our fish and bankrupt the Maritime fisheries.. now finding a flounder off the end of a dock is "best of luck to ya."



Just pull out the rocket launcher and send these Spanish, Portuguese trawlers to the bottom of the sea.

Doesn't Canada have any balls to defend sovereignty, or is this an example of how Russia will just come in and steal our Oil and Gas in the Arctic and Canadians will just sit by and allow them.
Last edited by B00Mer; Mar 28th, 2014 at 10:55 AM..
 
petros
+1
#10
The fishing is pretty good. It's the price of fuel that is hurting the industry the most.

Are you happy with the prices of diesel?
 
taxslave
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

...and the fact that Canada allows all these foreign nations to steal all our fish and bankrupt the Maritime fisheries.. now finding a flounder off the end of a dock is "best of luck to ya."



Just pull out the rocket launcher and send these Spanish, Portuguese trawlers to the bottom of the sea.

Doesn't Canada have any balls to defend sovereignty, or is this an example of how Russia will just come in and steal our Oil and Gas in the Arctic and Canadians will just sit by and allow them.

Which is different from Canadian owned draggers raping the bottom HOW?
 
B00Mer
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Which is different from Canadian owned draggers raping the bottom HOW?

Seriously, just allow Canadian fisheries, verses Spain, Portugal, Japan, China, Dutch, and the fukking list is endless..

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

The fishing is pretty good. It's the price of fuel that is hurting the industry the most.

Are you happy with the prices of diesel?

Stupid question... no, and my price for diesel is almost half that in Canada.. $3.40/gal in Oklahoma.

It's those taxes you have to pay for your Universal Health Care... hidden in fuel. LOL
 
petros
#13
90 cents a L for something that should be 50 cents to pay for debt. At least mine is coming back to me.

L
O
L
 
spaminator
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Stop the export of Canadian sheep for cruel ritual slaughtering

oh sheep!
 
no new posts