The Lesson Here?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Never, ever allow the idiotic masses to dictate what you do with 5 or 10 grand.

Radio station burns $5,000 in cash; Next up $10,000

Bill Kaufmann, QMI Agency

Mar 24, 2014 , Last Updated: 5:12 PM ET

CALGARY — Despite being vilified for incinerating $5,000 in a controversial promotion, a Calgary radio station is doubling up on its cash cremation caper.
90.3 AMP Radio’s Ryan Lindsay said he hopes and expects listeners in the contest’s second round will vote to bank rather than burn the $10,000 at stake. Either way, the promo is paying dividends for the station, the morning show co-host said.
“The amount of people paying attention now is easily five times more than before,” he said.
“The whole thing has started a conversation and this one has done it perfectly.”
Lindsay said his employer has made numerous charitable donations, including after last June’s flood, which were never widely noticed.
“I wouldn’t say this has backfired because, be honest, would you be talking to me if we’d given that money to charity?” Lindsay asked.
After 54% of voters last week supported burning the $5,000, the cash was torched in a pet crematorium.
Have your say: Should the radio station have burned the cash?

Radio station burns $5,000 in cash; Next up $10,000

What a waste! It's not that 5 or even 10 grand is really all that much money, but just think what that could have done in the local soup kitchen or animal shelter. I think this is disgusting.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Isn't it illegal to destroy or deface currency? I'm thinking these idiots could benefit from a stint in jail and oh, about $15k worth of community service.