Mother's Facebook Lesson Takes A Turn For The Worse

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
After 4Chan Users Find Daughter's Photo

via Fark

Mom who tried to teach her teen daughter how many people can see a picture once it's on the internet learns how many people can see a picture once it's on the internet

Kira Hudson decided to teach her daughter a lesson about why she could not have a Facebook page or Instagram account by publicly shaming her in a picture.

It did not go as planned.

Hudson posted a picture to Facebook on March 18 of her daughter holding a sign that read, “Mom is trying to show me how many people can see a picture once it’s on the internet.”

The status Hudson posted along with the image read, "My 12-year-old daughter doesn't understand why she can't have an Instagram or Facebook account... Please 'like and Share' ... She just doesn't get it!"

Within hours the image had been shared 54,637 times.

more

Mother's Facebook Lesson Takes A Turn For The Worse After 4Chan Users Find Daughter's Photo

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
a rather futile stab at back-peddling by moms:

"Luckily for us, the information that was gathered by others was not my current residence or phone number. I would like to apologize to the family who is living at our old address and let them know that I hope this hasn’t caused them much distress and the next pizza will be a gift from me. "

um.. question for ya mummy - how would you know anything about pizzas if the posted address was no longer yours?

heh heh

not the brightest candle on the cake, eh?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
If I had kids there is no way in hell I'd put a picture of them online at all, much less try to make sure thousands (or potentially millions) of people see it.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Just about every kid I know has their own facebook page. Wasn't there a case of a teen who committed suicide because her parents took away her facebook account? For many, facebook is an integral part of their social life.

Probably somewhere around a hundred million teens in the world have an page. Parents freaking out about it is just another one of our over protective phobias that are turning our kids into wusses. Yup, sum might get stung. It is part of growing up. Parents need to get over their themselves.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Part of the bubble wrap society. But the mom does have a point in being careful what is posted on facebook.
Ya, some kids get carried away with what they post but taking away a kids account isn't going to make them less stupid. Disciplinary actions are just parents being too lazy to explain life to them. I always said, kids are born to teach their parents how to live, not the other way around.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I dislike parents who publicly shame their children. I think it's the most horrendous thing any parent could do to a child. A child should be able to trust their parents to protect them and this sort of act surely teaches a child/teen that the parents are totally untrustworthy