Some Non-Nazis Had a Nice Nazi Dinner at German Restaurant In Minn.

Locutus
Now everybody is getting mad. Been going on for16 years mind you. But now they're mad. Anyway...

Itís 2014 and yet it seems you canít go a week without a ridiculous story transporting us back to Nazi Germany.

Last week it was a Florida woman doing the Heil Hitler salute at a community board meeting, and this week itís a report of a quaint Nazi-themed Christmas soiree at a German restaurant in Minneapolis.

City Pages received an anonymous tip, a photo of the December gathering, showing Nazi flags and men sporting authentic SS uniforms.

more

HyperVocal | Some Non-Nazis Had a Nice Nazi Dinner at German Restaurant In Minn.

Twila
Mad as in insane or mad as in angry?

Locutus
+1
as in uppity

Zipperfish
+1
I, for one, are outraged.

Funny how Hitler kind of recame the secular Satan. You're not supposed to mention his name in polite company. And denying his wickedness is actually a crime. Similar to the old blasphemy laws.

And it's getting worse as time passes--you'd think the memory would fade, but it calcifies instead. Imagine if you walked into NBC now and said "Hey I got a great idea for a comedy set in a German war camp. It follows they a madcap group of Allied POWs and the antics of the buffoonish Nazis running the camp. Whaddayathink?"

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by ZipperfishView Post

I, for one, are outraged.

Funny how Hitler kind of recame the secular Satan. You're not supposed to mention his name in polite company. And denying his wickedness is actually a crime. Similar to the old blasphemy laws.

And it's getting worse as time passes--you'd think the memory would fade, but it calcifies instead. Imagine if you walked into NBC now and said "Hey I got a great idea for a comedy set in a German war camp. It follows they a madcap group of Allied POWs and the antics of the buffoonish Nazis running the camp. Whaddayathink?"

They'd say as long as you gots some weed talk, some gays, a minority and lottsa cleavage...we start tapings next week.

damngrumpy
+1
We don't want the memory to fade the memory of what those bast*rds did so long ago.
I for one am not amused at all, the Nazi anything is disgusting at best. Even looking at
the old news reels reminds of the smiling faces of evil and ordinary faces at that Can
you imagine wanting to celebrate madness.
Why in the hell would the Nazi outfit want to celebrate Christmas, after all Christ was a
Jew.

WLDB
+2
#7  Top Rated Post
They dont see a problem with doing this yet they hide their faces. Cowards.

Cannuck
I don't see much difference between this and a bunch of dudes getting together and re-enacting the battle of Gettysburg. People really need to get a life

Locutus
That's all it is.

https://www.facebook.com/jon.boorom

mentalfloss
Yes that is definitely some politically incorrekt behaviour.

gopher
And can you believe only now after the 10 PM news was this reported! Everybody knew it before we did here in Gopherland!!!

Locutus
It's been going on for 16 friggin' years.

gopher
+1
I was referring to this incident. There have other reported celebrations in other places for years before that.

Locutus
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

I was referring to this incident. There have other reported celebrations in other places for years before that.

I know that's what you meant and my bold should have been purple too.

from the original source:

"Late last week, a reader sent City Pages a photo showing men dressed in German SS uniforms seated in the main dining room of northeast Minneapolis restaurant Gasthof Zur Gemutlichkeit surrounded by Nazi flags."

"The source, who wishes to remain anonymous, had received the photo from a friend, but gave no further context about who took the photo".

*whisper, whisper, whisper*

It's almost like some guy got mad at someone in the group for not being elected group's treasurer, or not returning his weed eater or was jealous of their new car or a spat between their kids etc...and decided to quietly send the photo to a third party to fire it off to the local paper.

To 'tell on them' and such.
Last edited by Locutus; Mar 18th, 2014 at 07:54 AM..

Locutus
It Gets Worse: That Nazi-Themed Dinner Was Actually on MLK Day

HyperVocal | It Gets Worse: That Nazi-Themed Dinner Was Actually on MLK Day

Anyway, as to the article, I don't believe there are any SS uniforms being worn, but that's just nitpicking ya know.

relic
The photo of the t shirt must be flipped, I bugs me when they get the swastika backwards. How come only the winners are supposed to celebrate ?

EagleSmack
What else do you expect in our Blue States

Sal
+1
Not much disgusts me but the celebration of Naziism does it's on the list for sure. bunch of clowns

Goober
Is this a reenactment or a celebration of Naziism
Anudder Red

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Is this a reenactment or a celebration of Naziism
Anudder Red

Don't know Goob but I find the hanging of the swastikas and the wearing of the uniforms over the top. Like I said, I don't like it because I don't understand it.

I know someone who was cleaning out their parents house and came upon tons of old pictures in their basement. Her dad was in uniform. It was a sobering time for all of the kids.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

Don't know Goob but I find the hanging of the swastikas and the wearing of the uniforms over the top. Like I said, I don't like it because I don't understand it.

I know someone who was cleaning out their parents house and came upon tons of old pictures in their basement. Her dad was in uniform. It was a sobering time for all of the kids.

I can see your point.
How about the Confederate grey?

Tecumsehsbones
+2

I can see your point.

How bout it? Nothing wrong with folks who fought for what they saw as their freedom.

Nothing wrong with German WWII soldiers either. Just the Nazis.

Sal

It has no personal meaning for me. I don't have the same understanding of it. My parents lived through the war so I heard story after story after story. I grew up on them. Many of my friends from my generation who had parents from England or Scotland or Germany did too.

It happened to real people so for me there is still emotion involved.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Now everybody is getting mad. Been going on for16 years mind you. But now they're mad. Anyway...

HyperVocal | Some Non-Nazis Had a Nice Nazi Dinner at German Restaurant In Minn.

So? There's always going to be the trolls and the anti-trolls.Also there will always be the people that don't have skins and will even get upset on other people's behalf (sometimes needlessly, as the others have moved on and grown skins).

Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Just the Nazis.

And how many of those are still alive? How many of the persecuted ones are still alive? There are the neo-wannabes but they're definitely not the originals in depth.

Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

It has no personal meaning for me. I don't have the same understanding of it. My parents lived through the war so I heard story after story after story. I grew up on them. Many of my friends from my generation who had parents from England or Scotland or Germany did too.

It happened to real people so for me there is still emotion involved.

I had an aunt who escaped to NorthAm. She got over being chased from her home and homeland. Still had a pile of bitterness towards the ones that caused it all but she never did blame their ancestors. She met my father's brother and married him and moved on. Even thought it was pretty cool when I was taking German in college and wrote her letters in German.

Tecumsehsbones
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

And how many of those are still alive? How many of the persecuted ones are still alive? There are the neo-wannabes but they're definitely not the originals in depth.

Far too many. And the neo-wannabes bear watching. The leap from wannabe to the real thing is frighteningly short and quick.

Sal
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

So? There's always going to be the trolls and the anti-trolls.Also there will always be the people that don't have skins and will even get upset on other people's behalf (sometimes needlessly, as the others have moved on and grown skins).

I had an aunt who escaped to NorthAm. She got over being chased from her home and homeland. Still had a pile of bitterness towards the ones that caused it all but she never did blame their ancestors. She met my father's brother and married him and moved on. Even thought it was pretty cool when I was taking German in college and wrote her letters in German.

Kudos to your aunt that she did not allow it to stop her from living. I don't remember bitterness being a part of my parents either...they were mostly grateful to sleep through the night in peace.

Canada offered a rare opportunity for a fresh new start, to put it behind them and live in peace with those they would have killed only a few years before.

WLDB
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

It's been going on for 16 friggin' years.

So? It was just as stupid in the first year as it is in the 16th.

Zipperfish
I dunno. Kinda looks like fun.

Spade
+1

Cabaret Tomorrow belongs to me - YouTube

Innocent fun in the New World Order? Hmmmmmm...

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Cabaret Tomorrow belongs to me - YouTube

Innocent fun in the New World Order? Hmmmmmm...

I still love that movie.