Get rid of the Point System


B00Mer
+2 / -3
#1
I know this issue has been discussed before and I will likely earn some "neg rep" for this post, but I feel it necessary to open this suggestion thread.

.... this needs to be sorted.. neg repping because you don't like the response or formulate a well rounded argument is not a reason to neg rep someone ....

This system of neg repping is being used against members who just dislike other members... it has nothing to do with the forum post, it's more about who posted it rather than the content of the post.

Sure, some jerk gives me a neg I'll return the negs 10 fold.. because I try to only give out positive thumbs up...

Can the amount of that can be given out per day be limited?? Forcing people to be more choosey will in turn result in less neg reps for silly reasons.

The difference is that neg rep misuse is malicious and pos rep misuse ia benign.

The neg rep button fuels internet tough guy syndrome and encourages internet hooliganism and is only being used by used by passive aggressive bullies.

i mean, you simply speak up something true and trolls start using thumbs down on you for the love of it
Last edited by B00Mer; Mar 12th, 2014 at 09:22 AM..
 
lone wolf
+1
#2
Works well for some
 
Tecumsehsbones
+13
#3  Top Rated Post
How 'bout we just get you a big ol' economy-size jar of butthurt cream instead?
 
B00Mer
-1
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Maybe you should credit your sources....

Forum Management: Remove the Neg Rep Button - Suggestions - World of Warplanes North American official forum

Actually I was reading several different sources to see what others feel of this topic over the Internet..

Not just CC

Thank you for getting rid of negative rep - The Student Room

Many forums feel this is abuse be certain members, BornRuff, cough.. more than others.
 
BornRuff
+5 / -1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

I know this issue has been discussed before and I will likely earn some "neg rep" for this post, but I feel it necessary to open this suggestion thread.

.... this needs to be sorted.. neg repping because you don't like the response or formulate a well rounded argument is not a reason to neg rep someone ....

This system of neg repping is being used against members who just dislike other members... it has nothing to do with the forum post, it's more about who posted it rather than the content of the post.

Sure, some jerk gives me a neg I'll return the negs 10 fold.. because I try to only give out positive thumbs up...

Can the amount of that can be given out per day be limited?? Forcing people to be more choosey will in turn result in less neg reps for silly reasons.

The difference is that neg rep misuse is malicious and pos rep misuse ia benign.

The neg rep button fuels internet tough guy syndrome and encourages internet hooliganism and is only being used by used by passive aggressive bullies.

i mean, you simply speak up something true and trolls start using thumbs down on you for the love of it

Is this a joke?

You literally just gave me 15 "bad" votes in the last half hour.
 
lone wolf
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Actually I was reading several different sources to see what others feel of this topic over the Internet..

Not just CC

Thank you for getting rid of negative rep - The Student Room

Many forums feel this is abuse be certain members, BornRuff, cough.. more than others.

Oh well - we all can play "fast edit"
 
B00Mer
-1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

Is this a joke?

You literally just gave me 15 "bad" votes in the last half hour.

Yes, and you seem to be handing out a fair number yourself.. Colpy, Myself seem to attract negs from you..

I guess you now how it feels to be neg'ed for no real good reason.. just because someone dislikes you.

It sucks, it's stupid and yes childish... and should be abolished or removed.

Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Oh well - we all can play "fast edit"

With you on the forum, it has to be lightening speed edit.. smooth.

Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

How 'bout we just get you a big ol' economy-size jar of butthurt cream instead?

Sorry, I'm not one of your Gay boy friends..

 
lone wolf
+2
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Yes, and you seem to be handing out a fair number yourself.. Colpy, Myself seem to attract negs from you..

I guess you now how it feels to be neg'ed for no real good reason.. just because someone dislikes you.

It sucks, it's stupid and yes childish... and should be abolished or removed.



With you on the forum, it has to be lightening speed edit.. smooth.



Sorry, I'm not one of your Gay boy friends..

Control yourself, Billy.... You're drooling. Why not resort to being an as*hole and slandering folk over another neg rep.

Grow T/F up, jerk!
 
jariax
+3
#9
What happens if you get a whole bunch of negative votes?
How dire are the consequences?
 
BornRuff
+1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Yes, and you seem to be handing out a fair number yourself.. Colpy, Myself seem to attract negs from you..

I guess you now how it feels to be neg'ed for no real good reason.. just because someone dislikes you.

It sucks, it's stupid and yes childish... and should be abolished or removed.

Lol, I think you are losing it. I can't think of a single time I have ever voted negative on any of your posts. My account says I have only ever voted on 6 posts in my entire time here, and I can only remember those being positive.

Can you refresh my memory here?
 
B00Mer
-1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Control yourself, Billy.... You're drooling. Why not resort to being an as*hole and slandering folk over another neg rep.

Grow T/F up, jerk!

Look Lone Wolf, this thread was brought on by a post by Colpy, who got a neg rep for no real good reason.

I don't know if you know much about coding php but there are lots of better alternatives out there for vBulletin.

It seems plenty of folks from several forums feel that negs sorta create a hostile environment on the forum.

It's not about being an As.hole or Jerk... it's about respecting ones views..

The majority of members on this forum are Liberals.. If it wasn't for the Liberal view point we would not have Socialized Health Care in Canada and some of the safety nets for the most needy, handicap, disabled or senior citizens.

I razz Liberals but truly I'm politically in the middle (I think).

Sure I believe in Gun rights (2nd amendment) and the Death Penalty, but I also feel that Socialized Health Care should be provided to every citizen and Gay marriage should be allowed, don't agree with abortion unless the life of the mother is threatened.. abortion is being used to freely as a secondary birth control.

I'm really all over the map when it comes to political views..
 
Sal
+9
#12
You want an opinion on neg reps...you and a bunch of others won't like mine. But ya asked so here goes.

I don't care about neg reps for real.

What that means is I don't comment about the neg rep every fuking time I get one. Some in here discuss it incessantly. Here's how the talk always unfolds:

You gave me a neg rep.
I don't care about neg reps
I consider neg reps a badge of honour.

And on and on and on. Which is essentially like saying: I want to fuk you over in a post with no consequence. There was a consequence and now I am upset.

Same conversation every time... a discussion about neg reps.

Then I hear about just ignore so and so. I have been told this repeatedly from various well meaning members. And I thank you for your concern however; I don't ignore anyone ever until they have reached their limit with ME. That is MY choice. If I choose to engage someone over an issue I don't need to discuss it on the board with other members. I have reached my limit with several people in here.

That is my business between them and me. They are not stupid individuals we just rub each other the wrong way behaviorally. And we have done it enough that I completely stop responding to them. We have likely had a private conversation about it. I don't expect you to ignore them so don't expect me to ignore the people who p iss on your shoes.

For me the board is fun and entertaining and I learn from the posts and they do make me think and see other view points. I do not want nor need everyone to be like me nor to like me. I do expect people to be civil with me or I get nasty especially if we are in a private discussion. A few of you know that already.

But if you flame with a post either in the title or the OP expect to get burned.

If you don't like that behaviour don't do it to anyone else. Otherwise stfu, man up and take what ever gets dished out.

Same with the troll label. Yes it is irritating but it's not as though each and everyone of us has not done it in one form or another. I know by now what pushes certain people's buttons. Do I press the button sometimes, er, yup. Do I then receive a neg rep from some...eeeerrrr yup. Do I comment? No, unless it is to give a green to that person who redded me. Then I comment.

Otherwise to be honest what I usually think is, yup I pushed the right button. Likely I deserved the rep in that case. In other cases the person cannot be bothered to argue it out with me sometimes because it will be the same convo for the 90th time...a waste of keyboarding for them and me. So yeah they redded me and 99% of the time I know exactly why.

Otherwise frankly folks I ain't fuking ya, feeding ya or living with ya so I wish you all the best whether you red me or green me. Have at it. And I hope even when I p iss ya off, I gave ya something to think about.

You're a good bunch. And when I disappear for periods of time I am either busy as hell or taking a break...from you. Doesn't mean I don't miss your p issy azz and I will return to taunt you shortly.

cheers
 
Liberalman
+1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

I razz Liberals but truly I'm politically in the middle (I think)..

Really?? Sure you do
 
B00Mer
-1
#14
Sal. I just can't see you ever getting a red rep... you're just too nice and even keeled as one could get.. they should make you a mod here.
 
Sal
+1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Sal. I just can't see you ever getting a red rep... you're just too nice and even keeled as one could get.. they should make you a mod here.

lol that's nice Boom but I get my share...and like I said it's usually when I pushed the right button or it's a quick way to tell me that my opinion on that topic sucked for them.
 
B00Mer
-1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

lol that's nice Boom but I get my share...and like I said it's usually when I pushed the right button or it's a quick way to tell me that my opinion on that topic sucked for them.

So what would be wrong with abolishing the point system and having the member reply to your post with the reason he does not like it.. it creates more dialogue.. isn't that what a forum is suppose to be about, not a childish red neg.
 
EagleSmack
+3
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by jariaxView Post

What happens if you get a whole bunch of negative votes?
How dire are the consequences?

You don't want to know kid... you just don't want to know.

 
BornRuff
+3 / -1
#18
 
B00Mer
+1 / -1
#19
Now try page 2..
 
BornRuff
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Now try page 2..

neg repping because you don't like the response or formulate a well rounded argument is not a reason to neg rep someone
 
EagleSmack
+7
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

 
Sal
+3
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

So what would be wrong with abolishing the point system and having the member reply to your post with the reason he does not like it.. it creates more dialogue.. isn't that what a forum is suppose to be about, not a childish red neg.

I don't see the negs that I get as childish, they are merely a fast way to either say; fuk you, or your opinion sucks or I don't agree. It's not an issue with me.

I also like the green reps. They let me know who thinks in a similar way about that particular issue. Sometimes surprise me. I sometimes get greens from the very people who redded me. Also sometimes they will red me and then tell me fuk you in a super great way that I find either funny or even enlightening...

I like being able to give boogers or reddies. I don't often give reddies because I know it upsets some but I still occasionally do and enjoy having the freedom to give feedback either way without getting into it.
 
B00Mer
-1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

neg repping because you don't like the response or formulate a well rounded argument is not a reason to neg rep someone

Come one show page 2..

You seem to be making a fuss over getting negs, but you can hand them out with ease..

It's not so fun though when you get them.. now you're pissed off and crying..

Anyhow, enough on this topic... it'll never be removed from the forum I'm guessing

Goober and many others dislike it too.. Goober has been very vocal on it.
 
petros
+3
#24
Who is keeping score?

Can we gamble on them?

Forum Fantasy League?
 
B00Mer
+2 / -1
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

I don't see the negs that I get as childish, they are merely a fast way to either say; fuk you, or your opinion sucks or I don't agree. It's not an issue with me.

I also like the green reps. They let me know who thinks in a similar way about that particular issue. Sometimes surprise me. I sometimes get greens from the very people who redded me. Also sometimes they will red me and then tell me fuk you in a super great way that I find either funny or even enlightening...

I like being able to give boogers or reddies. I don't often give reddies because I know it upsets some but I still occasionally do and enjoy having the freedom to give feedback either way without getting into it.



Agree to a point, but I think it's lazy..

If you truly feel a post is worth a thumbs up or tumbs down then take the time to show it with a 10/10 or thumbs down..

Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post



Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Who is keeping score?

Can we gamble on them?

Forum Fantasy League?

We can just pay you for the odds, right??

BTW where is Goober and CND Bear these days??
 
BornRuff
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Come one show page 2..

You seem to be making a fuss over getting negs, but you can hand them out with ease..

It's not so fun though when you get them.. now you're pissed off and crying..

Anyhow, enough on this topic... it'll never be removed from the forum I'm guessing

Goober and many others dislike it too.. Goober has been very vocal on it.

Lol, I have no idea what you are talking about. What would "page 2" show you?

I really think you are losing it though. When have I ever voted anything on one of your posts? Check my stats, I have voted on 6 posts in my entire time here. BornRuff's Profile

I am really amazed by this. Logging on and seeing 15 notifications from you and this thread in the same minute is a bit of a mind ****.
 
lone wolf
+3
#27
I kinda like them ... sorta like I just ruffled some feathers and got someone thinking - or my knee to the tenderlies connected...

...besides, in the festive season, it makes my board look all nice and Christmassy
 
Locutus
+9
#28
I didn't know that some people can have their 'feelings hurt' by such a little notification.

I will take this to Andem at once.

At once I tell you.
 
Cannuck
+3 / -1
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

So what would be wrong with abolishing the point system and having the member reply to your post with the reason he does not like it.. it creates more dialogue.. isn't that what a forum is suppose to be about, not a childish red neg.


http://juliefilby.files.wordpress.co...10/kleenex.jpg

Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

You seem to be making a fuss over getting negs, but you can hand them out with ease...

ummm...you started the thread. Maybe you should grow a set.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+4
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Sorry, I'm not one of your Gay boy friends..

Damn right you ain't. I wouldn't touch an ugly, diseased culo like yours with Ann Coulter's d*ck.
 

Similar Threads

3
What's the point anyway?
by Cobalt_Kid | Apr 8th, 2013
6
What's the point?
by Omicron | Dec 22nd, 2011
28
Do the Mohawks have a point?
by johnnyhangover | Jun 2nd, 2009
5
The Tipping Point
by I think not | Mar 30th, 2006
55
Turning Point On the War?
by moghrabi | Jun 10th, 2005
no new posts