Zimmerman's parents sue Roseanne Barr over 'vigilante' Twitter comments

Locutus
The parents of George Zimmerman have sued comedienne Roseanne Barr, saying they fled their Lake Mary home in the middle of the night and have been unable to return because she posted their address on Twitter two years ago.

Robert Zimmerman Sr. and Gladys Zimmerman filed suit Monday in state circuit court, accusing Barr of trying to incite "a lynch mob to descend" and carry out "vigilante justice."

According to the suit, Barr published their address on Twitter March 29, 2012, a month after their son George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager in Sanford, but before his arrest. Their son did not live with them, nor did they have anything to do with the shooting, they point out.

It alleges that Barr's tweets forced them to go into hiding. They are seeking unspecified damages, accusing her of intentionally inflicting emotional distress.

They also allege that she violated Twitter's terms and conditions prohibiting publication of addresses and other confidential information. After the first tweet, the suit alleges, Barr followed up with others, including: "If Zimmerman isn't arrested I'll rt (re-tweet) his address again maybe go 2 his house myself."

A jury acquitted Zimmerman of second degree murder.
A representative of Barr, who lives in Hawaii, was not immediately available for comment.

George Zimmerman's parents sue Roseanne Barr - Orlando Sentinel

lone wolf
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
Barr should have stuck with her TV show. We could turn her off then. Zimmerman's over 18. He's not their reaponsibility.

Liberalman
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Barr should have stuck with her TV show. We could turn her off then. Zimmerman's over 18. He's not their reaponsibility.

Yeah but publishing the parents address on social media brings all the crackpots to to their doorstep

lone wolf
+1
Then she brought the lawsuit on herself. The parents didn't shoot.

EagleSmack
+1
Open up the wallet Rosanne. Time to pay up.

petros
Funny

Sal
that's a hideous thing to do

I find her very bright, sometimes hilarious but also uneven in her balance.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

that's a hideous thing to do

I find her very bright, sometimes hilarious but also uneven in her balance.

I don't find her bright at all.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

I don't find her bright at all.

I didn't either until I read a book she had published and I was surprised at the level of her vocabulary and thought process. It didn't say it was ghost written but perhaps it was.