CFB Trenton used for Masterchef Canada???

Should Taxpapers Pay for CTV filming at CFB Trenton?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • depends

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

TransperancyEh

Mar 11, 2014
I'm rather concerned about how much Canadian taxpayers paid in the filming of the episode of Masterchef Canada at CFB Trenton aired on March 10. As a whole the CTV program is entertaining but not sure this would be a proper use of taxpayers money supplying equiptment, cooking area, fuel etc. to film this episode. The judges arriving on an airforce transport??? Does anyone think this is right? I could be wrong but would be interesting to find more information about costs and who payed. Cooking for the Toronto Maple Leafs, not a problem, cooking at CFB Trenton very questionable!!!!

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
From what I can tell from the ads, it looks like they showed up and cooked a nice meal for the soldiers. I can't see much wrong with that.

FactChecker

Mar 12, 2014
I'm rather concerned about how much Canadian taxpayers paid in the filming of the episode of Masterchef Canada at CFB Trenton aired on March 10. As a whole the CTV program is entertaining but not sure this would be a proper use of taxpayers money supplying equiptment, cooking area, fuel etc. to film this episode. The judges arriving on an airforce transport??? Does anyone think this is right? I could be wrong but would be interesting to find more information about costs and who payed. Cooking for the Toronto Maple Leafs, not a problem, cooking at CFB Trenton very questionable!!!!
This poll is factually inaccurate and misleading. MCC producers paid the production expenses including production materials, venue and equipment rentals. Check facts before making misinformed assumptions.

TransperancyEh

Mar 11, 2014
This poll is factually inaccurate and misleading. MCC producers paid the production expenses including production materials, venue and equipment rentals. Check facts before making misinformed assumptions.
There were no assumptions, only questions!!! I said I could be wrong, u obviously don't read well

FactChecker

Mar 12, 2014
Should taxpayers foot the bill? Nope.
MCC producers paid the production expenses including production materials, venue and equipment rentals. Taxpayers did not foot the bill. This poll could mislead and misinform. When in doubt, send in an ATIP request.

There were no assumptions, only questions!!! I said I could be wrong, u obviously don't read well
Quick answer to your questions... yes you are wrong. When in doubt, send in an ATIP request.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Oh for Gods sake just how small can we get? We have a government or a successive
order of them that bought, choppers they cancelled and paid for. Planes we don't need
Subs that don't float, and trucks that didn't measure up either and we are talking about a
cooking show? No wonder the government has such contempt for us. We are nearly
silent on the things that matter and vocal on a few meals and a TV show.